rewarding vs fun vs challenging

Akamiti

honestly at this point im starting to wonder, is a challenging game that is rewarding...fun? sure if you make it out of a raid its does feel rewarding, but the few... the FEW times i have made it out without my exfil being camped, its just felt more like relief. i wouldn't say its fun. what are they actively doing to make this game enjoyable. but i just feel that if all they are actively doing is to add challenging because they feel it validates calling making it through rewarding. i dunno. i just feel annoyed most of the time. lots of time put in for alot of it to get thrown in the trash because of some inevitable death from someone watching my exit. im not interested in some "just put in all the hours and learn what you have to do" when it just doesnt work like that people are unpredictable. yeah that makes it more interesting sure but it also makes it so that even though i enjoy the game its quickly limits the extent of which i can play it. im not the most amazing player. i do my best to get to where im going and avoid fights to get to where i need to go and i take great lengths to be as quiet and quick as possible because im fully aware of my weaknesses. and i dont see a place for me to really enjoy myself in this game right now

i dont know maybe ive had a few too many losses and im just salty and ive only recently started coming to the forums to say something but idk. i use every thing i have but it still just feels like a kick in the balls

Sweattyy

Interesting points. I just installed the game to see what it is like. I come from fps games like CS GO, so this is going to take a lot to get used to. I just hope that getting out and general play will lighten up so that rewarding and fun, along with challenging can all be possible. I also just noticed all the cheating threads and that worries me too.

Jsaccs

It must be rewarding/fun enough that you even bother coming onto the forums yea? If I try a game out and it doesnt float my boat, well, I just uninstall and dont waste any time or thought towards it.

The unforgiving nature in tarkov is precisely why people get sucked up into it. It gets better, it just takes 5 gallons of tears getting there 😋

Akamiti

nah its not rewarding/fun enough that i bothered coming to the forums. yeah the game is hard and i get it. but im not a masochist. hard games are fun when there isnt bs involved. and everywhere i look i see, tedious time wasting, intentional advantages for people who roll in groups of 4. all i see this game going to is high skill tier players pushing out new people and less skilled players and then all you have is a bunch of angry people because the game is technically flawed as well but hey. still in beta right?

Edited by Akamiti
Akamiti

i get the optimistic out take on it, but im not the one who paid for it and i feel obligated that i dont waste peoples money

4 hours ago, SKRAAL said:

You have two options: enjoy it for the loot or have fun with pvp.

cant get the loot.

too many die.

JerryLove

I'm in a similar boat. 

To some extent I like the danger and risk; but bluntly I suck. I'll never be great, I can only hope with great effort to be passable. I'm unlikely to be playing in groups... and while there's reward for exfil; I have no player kills after more than 50 raids... indeed: I have scav runs where I've lasted less than 10 seconds. 

I can go into offline against online-level scavs and have a challenge that I can beat; but there's no sense of progress and I really enjoy the RPG elements of this game. If I can ever make it to level 10, I may just take up trading on the market (assuming commissions allow that to be viable). 

Yea. I can get dribs and drabs on axe runs; but even my most basic equipment gets taken (I've failed to get from insurance lvl 2 vests, the literal cheapest gun in the game, small bags, etc)... and that means that I'll never run with good gear (I'll lose it, possibly in seconds rather than minutes) because its unsustainable. 

I want to love this game. But as the sense of accomplishment diminishes, I'm left with unfulfilling tedium. I'd love to get to a "win some lose some" level; but I don't know that I have the endurance to push through. 

And while I love the idea of progress, again being an RPG fan, in this game it mostly serves to give added advantage to the best players. 

Perhaps adding a fully-offline mode isn't a terrible idea. Create a char that cannot come onto online, and cannot trade online, but can progress in PvE. A way to get sales to people who aren't as interested in the PvP aspect, or getting good enough to actually play in it. As a bonus, it would make the PvP game more challenging for those who do love it as the average skill level would go up. 

I think being able to switch to a character I can succeed at would make the tedium of trying to "get gud" on the online avatar more bearable.