Unity.dll crashes almost every raid

Whiskey_Bandit

the game has basically been miserable to play this wipe for me, i have a rtx 2080ti and people have told me its the new version of unity not working well with my card..
if any one else is having these issues please let me know i would love for a fix soon
ive tried updating all drivers, i even switched to a new ssd, i reinstalled windows lol trust me ive tried just about everything myself and my tech guys i use could think of, the only thing that has worked is using a different graphics card...
i tried using same graphics card on a different computer and yes crashes... but using a different card on either pc no crashes...
any ways seem people posting about similar issue so i figured id put this here so people know what ive tried and kinda narrowed it down to..
the picture below show the crash, but when it crashes i always get the unity symbol popping up with a progress bar, never took a screen shot of it tho

unitycrash.PNG.8dfe50dc14c1805e18e8dd578f75f00e.PNG

7 hours ago, Whiskey_Bandit said:

the game has basically been miserable to play this wipe for me, i have a rtx 2080ti and people have told me its the new version of unity not working well with my card..
if any one else is having these issues please let me know i would love for a fix soon
ive tried updating all drivers, i even switched to a new ssd, i reinstalled windows lol trust me ive tried just about everything myself and my tech guys i use could think of, the only thing that has worked is using a different graphics card...
i tried using same graphics card on a different computer and yes crashes... but using a different card on either pc no crashes...
any ways seem people posting about similar issue so i figured id put this here so people know what ive tried and kinda narrowed it down to..
the picture below show the crash, but when it crashes i always get the unity symbol popping up with a progress bar, never took a screen shot of it tho

unitycrash.PNG.8dfe50dc14c1805e18e8dd578f75f00e.PNG

Yesterday I started getting the same errors. I have had probably 2-3 unity crashes in months of playing and yesterday I had 5 or 6 over the course of two PMC raids. 

Funny thing is I crashed multiple times on those two PMC raids but then did a scav run with zero issues. It seems to be completely random. 

I would really like to know whats causing it cause its a pain and it makes me not want to do PMC runs for risk of losing my gear to a unity crash. 

I have a 3060 ti and a Ryzen 5 1600x. 

Whiskey_Bandit
11 hours ago, xCaZx said:

Yesterday I started getting the same errors. I have had probably 2-3 unity crashes in months of playing and yesterday I had 5 or 6 over the course of two PMC raids. 

Funny thing is I crashed multiple times on those two PMC raids but then did a scav run with zero issues. It seems to be completely random. 

I would really like to know whats causing it cause its a pain and it makes me not want to do PMC runs for risk of losing my gear to a unity crash. 

I have a 3060 ti and a Ryzen 5 1600x. 

yea i really hope they can figure it out, love the game but its actually not playable for me this wipe, and i think its the best wipe i've ever played! my crashes are def random, literally no pattern i can find, although i will say customs crashes the least but i dont know if its just coincidence 

11 hours ago, Whiskey_Bandit said:

yea i really hope they can figure it out, love the game but its actually not playable for me this wipe, and i think its the best wipe i've ever played! my crashes are def random, literally no pattern i can find, although i will say customs crashes the least but i dont know if its just coincidence 

All of my crashes have been on customs, lol. The only other map I have played recently has been factory and I had probably 5-6 raids on it yesterday with no issue at all. I crashed once yesterday on Customs so it seemed better overall for me. 

Edited by xCaZx
untagatnu
18 minutes ago, Dimitri468 said:

You should send us ticket via launcher. 

I have. I have sent so many tickets my ticket queue is permanently full. I can no longer submit any more tickets. I also have a thread where you can see a LOT of people are having this issue. On that thread you can see I'm clearly trying to submit a new ticket without success.

Talk to the other mods and whomever is your liaison on BSG. You guys need, at the very least, acknowledge this issue. It's not your generic bug report. People can't play the game. A little banner on the launcher: "We are aware and we are working on a unity bug." and maybe when you are done... send us an email? So we stop flooding your ticket system with the same bug multiple times a day? Idk. Seams reasonable / logic to me.

Derp. Saw purple on your nickname automatically assumed you where a mod. Regardless, if a mod comes... the msg is the same.

Edited by untagatnu
untagatnu
4 minutes ago, Dimitri468 said:

Could you provide me your ticket number via DM, please? 

1611067084.thumb.png.00da1f091dc68f3e638091463e4ca7e2.png

1610836100.png

1610845123.png

1610894126.png

1610896075.png

• Like 1
Dimitri468

You should set the paging file to "system select".

In computing, virtual memory is a memory management technique that provides an "idealized abstraction of the storage resources that are actually available on a given machine" which "creates the illusion to users of a very large memory." The computer's operating system, using a combination of hardware and software, maps memory addresses used by a program, called virtual addresses, into physical addresses in computer memory.

Step 1: Go to Start Menu and click on Settings.

Step 2: Now type performance on search bar and select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.

Step 3: A new Window will open before you. Go to Advanced tab in it.

Step 4: You’ll see a Virtual memory section in it. Click on Change

Step 5: If the current setting is considerably less than the recommended, unselect the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives box on this window and click on Custom size.

Step 6: Now enter the recommended value in the Initial Size box, and a larger figure in the Maximum size

Step 7: Click on OK to save the changes.

untagatnu
Just now, Dimitri468 said:

paging file

image.thumb.png.6ebbb604e606d9f2c93e859889272e73.png

Page file is already on automatic. I did test it with 30 GIGS and the result was the same. The bug persisted. I've also been paying attention to my system resources (used/available/heat/fans). Nothing indicates that my system is being throttled / overheated / missing resources. Do note I have 32 gigs of ram (2x16GB @ 3200) that and more detailed on the post mentioned previously.

Whiskey_Bandit

Hey everyone, here is the response back from the dev team, i hope im not violating any rules here posting this, im just trying to see if this will help anyone/myself lol
i have done everything they posted here, will do some more testing and will update if it is fixed! 
i will say there were no errors found and everything was up to date
fell free to let me know if this works for any having the same issue

image.thumb.png.859672c83f4f32ce3a7e7eba396538c9.png

Whiskey_Bandit
On 1/19/2021 at 3:18 PM, untagatnu said:

As I said. Increasing the page file has no effect.

1611087050.thumb.png.f0e442641fc3313161ac4a7a6b2a662e.png

1611087042.thumb.png.ab5fd24e6833fdd68a381b0952963074.png

1611087414.thumb.png.68621fba8382d3bdde325f8dba1d49e3.png

It's not my system. It's unity.

i am in agreeance with you, if you search online you can find tons of information about new versions of unity causing crashes, seems to be a problem unity has with each update over the last few years, unfortunately for us it may even be out of the dev team of tarkovs hands also...at least thats what my research suggests.. 

Whiskey_Bandit

Update: i have done all the above suggestions from the support team and it has not fixed the issue..., i have also let them know it did not fix the problem, waiting on response back

Whiskey_Bandit

i was asked to perform a clean boot, after doing this nothing has changed...
anyone else have any luck?

These_Hands

I get this constantly, I just went back through my event viewer to count the errors as I spent the majority of my Saturday trying to fix this and doing every suggestion that I've read on these threads and I stopped counting at 20 of these crashes in a day. Please don't insult us by telling us to keep doing the basic actions, I just want to see acknowledgement that there is an issue and its being looked at so I can stop trying to fix this myself.

These_Hands

5 crashes this morning, all the same, in the 3 hours I've been trying to play. The most common time is when I'm transferring loot from a scav run but it's not limited to then, could be any time.

Before anyone asks I have raised support tickets but have yet to receive a response.

At minimum I get a Unity crash every other raid starting this wipe. No crashes ever in any other game and I’ve tried just about everything you could think of. Really wish the dev team could at least acknowledge this as an issue rather than telling us to just reinstall.

• Like 1
JACKHAM91

i get them constantly and glitches back to title screen after barely loading into the game its made it unplayable for me im a new player and love the depth of the game ive only had it for a couple days but its unplayable with these glitches

Whiskey_Bandit

i know ur struggles boys! i will be doing a SECOND fresh install of windows today just to make sure... i will update you with any news again...

• Like 1