Practice with friends!

BusViande

hey guys! i just had this idea to put the ''offline mode'' playable with friends so we could practice against each other without losing loot or gaining some. It could be a really fun way to learn the maps and loot spots while competing against each other. Tell me if it could be a good idea or not i just wanted to propose something new for the EFT experience ;)

TreeOfSmoke

"tarkov is not suppose to be fun". its designed to not be fun, so i doubt they will add things on the basis that they will be fun.

• Sad 1
TreeOfSmoke

nikita himself has said it multiple times in interviews. "tarkov is not suppose to be fun". i dunno what to tell you.

the faster you accept that tarkov is not fun, and isent ment to be fun... the faster you will improve and understand the game.

• Sad 1
BusViande

yeah right but what is a game if its not supposed to be fun? and im not talking about fun here but more about practicing to understand the game.

TreeOfSmoke

it is an artistic attempt at simulating the feeling and emotions of being in a real warzone, and real warzones arent a fun experience.

• Sad 1
BusViande

i wish that you are kidding bro because if not you're a hell of a joke. go ahead and watch nikita's videos and live streams you can see that he's not that much of a closed minded guy. You're telling me that tarkov is not supposed to be a fun experience but all the players playing this game is having fun actually. take care my dude

TreeOfSmoke

direct quote from nikita in a chat he had with veritas and pestily on youtube. if you want verification search for it, time stamp 13:50 - the game is not for fun actually. i never said that "eft will be a fun game, you should have fun." if you want to have fun you can play other games, i wont even name them. eft is not fun, it can be satisfying if the tarkov gods are nice to you. - end quote

• Sad 1
Muckilein

But the Main question is: We want an offline Mode to train with Friends. 

Fun was only a second phrase and should be ignored.

• Thanks 1
Muckilein

You are a Troll? 

To train with my teammate? Show him a proper way to the Target. Showing som positions from where Snipers are maybe can shoot. 

Where are the Quest Items?

TreeOfSmoke

a realistic way to view tarkov is, its a game designed to deliver a stressful and harsh experience. imagine eft is the fps "getting over it".

i am not a troll... this is the design philosophy of the creator of tarkov. i dont actually agree with it... but you have to play the hand your delt, not the one you wish you had or the one u want to play. the faster you accept the reality of what it is the faster you can operate within its bounds.

survive adapt and over come

• Sad 1
TreeOfSmoke

i would go as far to say that the design philosophy is fundamentally flawed... but my opinion wont change the vision of the creators and it wont change the game.

• Sad 1
Andrudis
4 hours ago, BusViande said:

hey guys! i just had this idea to put the ''offline mode'' playable with friends so we could practice against each other without losing loot or gaining some. It could be a really fun way to learn the maps and loot spots while competing against each other. Tell me if it could be a good idea or not i just wanted to propose something new for the EFT experience ;)

Already confirmed by Nikita that offline coop mode without progression is planned and coming sometime later. You just have to wait for it. No specific ETA, so follow podcasts for announcements and do not listen to brain-dead trolls who know nothing about this game development.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
TreeOfSmoke

this game was created to portray a realistic warzone, that is why the game is not designed to be fun... it is designed to be harsh and punishing because that is the reality of war. and the emotional toll it takes on people is also a portrayal of what you might feel while being in a warzone.

but hey, just brain dead andy for trying to explain the reality of what the game is xD.

• Confused 1
TreeOfSmoke

its an artistic expression which conveys the emotional pressure of war. steps to make it easier underminds the expression it tries to convey, this is why i assumed that co-op offline would never be a thing. 

besides i never answered it directly... i said i DOUBT, not that it was never going to happen. the word itself implies assumption.

• Sad 1