Scavengers getting insurance quest from prapor

truesuckapunch

truesuckapunch

I don't usually jump on my scav unless its to play with my buddies to go dick around, but If we could get a objective from prapor like a insurance claim that players typically insure their gear. The incentive by completing the objective would be a full or 75 percent of the payout of the gear they were sent to get. Would add some more interesting dynamic movement on the maps. Just food for thought

• Like 1
gNecrOz

I always liked the idea of adding a little more depth to the SCAV Player.

I like the idea of the insurance quests, but I also would just like to see like "Random Quests." Have a pool of predetermined quests, Objects, and locations; then have a random number generator or any other form of advanced randomization decide on these quests. You should not HAVE to complete them, but doing so yields you bonuses, maybe money for the PMC maybe Gear, bonus Karma for SCAV (If and when it happens), or maybe get to play as a Raider or Cultist or something similar for a SCAV raid.

I feel like your idea and mine would add this complexity and depth that is missing to the SCAV players that have people just killing other player SCAVs etc. Not forcing you to do it also means people that just wanted to have a fun loot run or run and gun on their SCAV means all player bases would be able to enjoy the changes to them.

• Like 1
truesuckapunch
9 minutes ago, gNecrOz said:

I always liked the idea of adding a little more depth to the SCAV Player.

I like the idea of the insurance quests, but I also would just like to see like "Random Quests." Have a pool of predetermined quests, Objects, and locations; then have a random number generator or any other form of advanced randomization decide on these quests. You should not HAVE to complete them, but doing so yields you bonuses, maybe money for the PMC maybe Gear, bonus Karma for SCAV (If and when it happens), or maybe get to play as a Raider or Cultist or something similar for a SCAV raid.

I feel like your idea and mine would add this complexity and depth that is missing to the SCAV players that have people just killing other player SCAVs etc. Not forcing you to do it also means people that just wanted to have a fun loot run or run and gun on their SCAV means all player bases would be able to enjoy the changes to them.

I love the idea of the concept of the karma points where if they don't kill their own kind in raids they would get a "x" amount of karma points and they get to spend it toward being a raider for their good behavior! Would see a lot less scav on scav violence, and of course this game is so great for the freedom of doing what they want to do!

gNecrOz
10 minutes ago, truesuckapunch said:

I love the idea of the concept of the karma points where if they don't kill their own kind in raids they would get a "x" amount of karma points and they get to spend it toward being a raider for their good behavior! Would see a lot less scav on scav violence, and of course this game is so great for the freedom of doing what they want to do!

I have to agree again with you. I feel like the devs and Nakita catch way too much poo and people do not understand that it is demoralizing and polarizes the community to them. I am pretty sure it was Summer 2020 when Pestily posted the translated podcast where he said the team just was down, due to the amount of hate and anger people show towards something that is being developed and at its core is a tool for learning for a new team that plans to take this onto their next game once they feel like EFT it ready to be called "Finished" and DLC can expand us from there.

Moving on from that, I took like the Karma idea, though I am unsure as to how or when we will see it and I was only mentioning it in a passing to add to the idea. My thoughts to the SCAV are like this: You can run and gun and try to kill SCAVs, PMCs, and Player SCAVs alike; or you can roam the map and loot goblin quietly and try to extract.

• I think it would be interesting if: You load into your SCAV and you have a message from Fence pop up, "I have a small package I need you to grab for me, it is at location XYZ. Once you have it, get out and bring it to me, I will have a reward for you when you drop it off. I gave this offer to other scavengers though, good luck." Then using PMC map knowledge and experience or an outside map source, you travel to the location. Find this package, and try to get out. Getting some bonus loot similar to using the SCAV extract but just a little better based on the "difficulty" of the task assigned.

Another quest idea could run like this: Fence - "I just got some details from Jaeger, he would like someone to go a couple locations for him. XYZ, get in take a peek and get out. Come to me with the details and I will have something for you." Just something this simple could be fun, you loot while you check the are out, and then you extract for a little extra something something. 

• Similar in the market how you have a seller rating, you could have a Task rating for your Scav, dissimilar to karma in the way that the Task Rating would determine how difficult a task you could be random'd. The harder the Task the better the reward though. They could Expand the functionality of the SCAV Case in the Hideout to allow you to view this information: Both Karma and Task Rating. Choosing not to do a Task should not really hurt your rating, if anything just a small drop, however, failing a task by having it started then being killed or breaking a parameter that was not supposed to be broken. That would drop the rating. An example of that could be something like: Fence - "I have a small cache of money in location XYZ, grab the cash and bring it to me, do not try and duck me like the last Scav it didn't go well for them." This Task could see you with an optional completion, Keep the money or Turn in the Money. Keeping it would result in a hard hit to Task Rating, and maybe Scavs are aggressive to you for the next raid you Scav as? 

Apologies, I did not mean to High-Jack your thread, I intended on posting this information anyways, but I do not want to spam threads of a similar topic. I will digress now, as I am sure I have made my ideas clear haha.

• Like 1
truesuckapunch

haha no worries about thinking you high-jacking the thread if anything it shows that you're a multiplier. Sharing you Ideas and feelings how adding new mechanics would add a lot more value to the game! I respect you for taking your time and effort in making a very detailed way for this new mechanic to be implemented into the game! Also shoots another chance for any devs reading through the suggestions to take ideas from yah and add it in. All I did was just give you a opportunity!