Why developers making this game unplayable, unrealistic, unequal? (tarkov's greatest jokes here)

jadrazzz

I don't wanna waste my time writing here since nothing will ever probably change but just to clear my mind;

Before starting this;

just delete "found in raid" bullsh.t , it's the biggest joke ever 

A. Make these changes to not make this game another "buzzing game but died" game 
1- Make stabbing more "normal". Stabbing 10 times non-armor scav and not dying is crazy and idiotic. It's not realistic, it's not tarkov-style.
2- If I'm getting shot from my right hand and it's black and 0, how tf I can hold weapon and do all kinda things? So, I have to retreat my right arm with my left arm and it has to take 90 sec. in real time. Meantime, weapon hand has to change.
3- If my energy down to zero, i'll probably not die in 1 minute. WTF? 
4- how can someone walks while holding his gun pulled for like forever? Gun must be below arm level.
5- I saw some streamer carrying 45 kilos and jumping like bunny whole game because his level is high. Are you kidding me? Don't call yourselves game-developer or "WO WONT ROALOSTOC GOMOPLOY" that's the most unrealistic thing I have ever seen in my life.
6- At least we can walk over small pond? (customs, inability to walk between the boat and the container)
7- what is to put the bag into the bag?
8- SCAVS KILLING PEOPLE WITH ONE BULLET FROM 500000 METRES (especially shotgun)
9- we literally wasting 40 ammos to one scav with no armor to die, at least 35 hit. Just delete those ammos if it's not bullet but cotton

Edited by jadrazzz
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 3
Exeagle
28 minutes ago, jadrazzz said:

I don't wanna waste my time writing here since nothing will ever probably change but just to clear my mind;

Before starting this;

A. Make these changes to not make this game another "buzzing game but died" game 
1- Make stabbing more "normal". Stabbing 10 times non-armor scav and not dying is crazy and idiotic. It's not realistic, it's not tarkov-style.
2- If I'm getting shot from my right hand and it's black and 0, how tf I can hold weapon and do all kinda things? So, I have to retreat my right arm with my left arm and it has to take 90 sec. in real time. Meantime, weapon hand has to change.
4- how can someone walks while holding his gun pulled for like forever? Gun must be below arm level.
5- I saw some streamer carrying 45 kilos and jumping like bunny whole game because his level is high. Are you kidding me? Don't call yourselves game-developer or "WO WONT ROALOSTOC GOMOPLOY" that's the most unrealistic thing I have ever seen in my life.
6- At least we can walk over small pond? (customs, inability to walk between the boat and the container)
9- we literally wasting 40 ammos to one scav with no armor to die, at least 35 hit. Just delete those ammos if it's not bullet but cotton

they nerfed stabbing/hatchets to make hatchet running harder 

back in the old days you could 1 shot people in the head i miss hiding in factory running up on people so they couldn't shoot or aim and 1 tapping people in the face with my hatchet :( good times xD

• Like 1
BRGluigi

Je ne pourrais pas être plus d'accord avec vous, il devrait y avoir beaucoup plus à ajouter. J'ai l'impression de payer les développeurs pour qu'ils jouent à des jeux. Ce n'est pas à moi de jouer le jeu.

gNecrOz
34 minutes ago, BRGluigi said:

Je ne pourrais pas être plus d'accord avec vous, il devrait y avoir beaucoup plus à ajouter. J'ai l'impression de payer les développeurs pour qu'ils jouent à des jeux. Ce n'est pas à moi de jouer le jeu.

You are correct. It is true that you are paying the devs. This not a game for us; this is Nakita's game, in a sense, and we are all sharing in the vision and game that he wants to create. If you do not like the game, you can go to another game? It is that simple really, no one will be upset. There are a mass of other Hardcore Survival games out there that you can go and check out. Kotton has been having a lot of fun in Deadside. Personally, that game is not my cup of tea so I will stay here and enjoy the vision that Nakita and BSG what to bring to life. I commend them for standing fast and not being bullied around into making something they do not enjoy or being pushed to release something claiming it is finished, when it clearly isn't. CD Projekt Red is feeling the heat from letting a whiney community bully them and letting money trick them into releasing something that is clearly not ready to be put out into the market as "Complete."

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Wolfens_Razor
1 hour ago, Exeagle said:

they nerfed stabbing/hatchets to make hatchet running harder 

back in the old days you could 1 shot people in the head i miss hiding in factory running up on people so they couldn't shoot or aim and 1 tapping people in the face with my hatchet :( good times xD

Well that is stupid. You should be able to kill a player with a knife or a hatchet with one stab or hack with a hatchet to the upper torso.

Scavs are either completely dumb and can't even see you or they are like Sturman spotting you from 500 meters away and don't' miss. Which wouldn't be that bad if you didn't have to deal with a team of level 60 players dumping 100 rounds at you as soon as you fire a single shot.  The game seems a lot harder to progress in from the last wipe.

I just don't have time to mess with it anymore. I can't spend 12+ hours a day playing this to level up one level and maybe get a few quests done.

I am probably getting close to finding something else to play if it doesn't improve drastically in the next month or so. Just not worth the time anymore. I really wish they would just make a single player mode with progression. I don't care about PVP.

Edited by Wolfens_Razor
gNecrOz
4 minutes ago, Wolfens_Razor said:

Well that is stupid. You should be able to kill a player with a knife or a hatchet with one stab or hack with a hatchet to the upper torso.

Scavs are either completely dumb and can't even see you or they are like Sturman spotting you from 500 meters away and don't' miss. The game seems a lot harder to progress in from the last wipe.

Though I agree I understood and still understand the temporary fix they made for it at the time because players were and probably would still, abuse the movement in the game that is going to be changing with this next patch. I would presume that they could bring it back to a more effective state once they have the movement adjusted and with the new way skills work it is possible it could be functional to bring it back now, but it is probably just safe to wait for the movement overhaul.

jadrazzz
13 hours ago, Wolfens_Razor said:

have to deal with a team of level 60 players dumping 100 rounds at you as soon as you fire a single shot.  

I just don't have time to mess with it anymore. I can't spend 12+ hours a day playing this to level up one level and maybe get a few quests done.

Yeah, so many times i didn't even see the guys body but took 60 shot like drrrrrrrrrrrr, level-based matchmaking...

jadrazzz
13 hours ago, gNecrOz said:

If you do not like the game, you can go to another game?

I hate this sentence so much. What kind of blind fanatism is this? We are user, we pay, they told us it's going to be realistic game in the advertisements and everywhere, so as a end user, I have the right to complain, advice, demand the changes what I want (what we want).

So you elect a president and after couple months you don't like the attitudes of the president and someone comes and says to you "go change your country" 

lol

• Thanks 1
p4nnus

6 minutes ago, jadrazzz said:

level-based matchmaking...

15 hours ago, jadrazzz said:

it's not tarkov-style

There you go. You answered to yourself.

jadrazzz
6 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

There you go. You answered to yourself.

level based matchmaking makes this game less realistic but do you have any words for my 9 thing I listed above? If they fix those, I'd not care about lvl based matchmaking

p4nnus

Answered to you already, but to have these 1taps more common, as it used to be, makes EFT a worse experience. Eventhough there is some fun to be had, the hatchling gameplay makes the game less immersive and less-of-a-shooter. It enables riskless gameplay with a too big of a possibility to gain a lot by rushing somebody like a zergling.

I agree that blacked out limbs should cause more penalties. BSG has said that EFT will get a lot more HC than now, so Id expect getting hit gets more punishing in the future.

The time in raids is faster than our time, if you havent noticed. And if you wouldnt die out of 0 energy, there wouldnt be any incentive to eat. Thats why this should remain approx. as it is.

Theres been talks about a possible down-ready / up-ready feature, but nothing is confirmed. Im all for this suggestion, but as with pretty much everything else you suggest, its been done before. Thats why I originally didnt even respond to all of these. Please use the search function before making more suggestion posts, lets not clutter the forums with duplicates.

I also recommend that you follow what BSG has said about different features and their future in EFT. Bunny-hopping and ADADA movement will be patched out of the game. 4 kinds of inertia are being tested to get rid of ADADAD and bunny-hopping will be removed later too. Also the n-th duplicate, eventhough a important subject.

Im indifferent. Im okay with this as it is. 

Quirks of the Stalker kind of inventory system. I dont mind if its removed, nor if it stays. Doesnt affect things too much IMO.

This is very rare compared to the past. Also been discussed to great lengths on this forum, almost every week. AI is WIP, but probably gonna get more realistic. It cant happen so that they are any less dangerous than now tho, or they will be loot pinatas and people wont be scared of them. 

Once you learn how the scav AI work, you dont need to worry about this. Use cover and concealment, end firefights with scavs quickly.

The ammo will be tweaked for sure, as will be the medical systems. But to remove sth just bc its not working as good as it could is not the answer. This kind of take is childish and not really even worth an answer, but there you go anyways.

A matchmaking system wont happen in EFT. Also, I dont understand how these problems would be fixed by it. It doesnt make any sense. But anyways, theres your answers.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
H4zeMnesia
54 minutes ago, jadrazzz said:

Yeah, so many times i didn't even see the guys body but took 60 shot like drrrrrrrrrrrr, level-based matchmaking...

No worrie buddy, i'm sure this game will be updated in a good way for "more" peoples, not everyones but for "more". 

This game will be never release i'm sure with only this game mode, maybe not with the same vision we have about matchMaking, but i'm 100% a system will be implemented for having more fun as new player.  i'm sure the BSG team have something in mind about that, or maybe not.. but YET !

I have worked as dev on video game a while, working on unity and cryengine, i know a little how this system work, behind" just the game we play", compagny worker need to live too and they'r family too... and want the game they made was play and enjoyable.

I have buy the game 35€, i do not regret a cents, because dev compagny need that for working harder on the game. Like some others say, i almost dont play the game anymore, but i'm still convinced the game will be much better in futur and i will make a come back ! So i stay arround for news :)

Everyone on Reddit say BSG crew are bad guys who never listen, talk to you very bad, but i have see here they are cool and take time to answer, most of time is just some hard old players who are very rough with news ones and are absolutly closed too any discusion about adding new stuff in game, not remake a new game, just try to propose some new stuff.. 

Edited by H4zeMnesia
p4nnus
1 hour ago, H4zeMnesia said:

This game will be never release i'm sure with only this game mode, maybe not with the same vision we have about matchMaking, but i'm 100% a system will be implemented for having more fun as new player.

There will be the Arena, but you "more" people will get destroyed there too, probably. :scwhink:

Still no details if you will have to pay an admission for the arena mode or not.

H4zeMnesia
7 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

you "more" people will get destroyed there too, probably. :scwhink:

If only one answer from you could be say in a sympatic way 🤣

Edited by H4zeMnesia
tobiassolem
17 hours ago, jadrazzz said:

1. The hatchet or knife is meant only as a very last resort in fights. This game is meant primarily as a shooter, not as a "stab" simulator. The choice to reduce the damage of melee weapons is intended.

2. The developers have decided to create a limit to how much "blacked out limbs" will affect gameplay, right now if you break or black out your arms you are affected with less accuracy and shakes. At the moment this is the limit. For gameplay reasons this limit was chosen. It may be changed in the future.

3. Consider that each raid has a time limit, and that for factor like energy and hydration to play ANY factor at all, the time has to be "accelerated". These limits are there for gameplay reasons, so you have to consider your options.

4. A low ready stance has been discussed in the past, and we might see it in the future.

5. The movement mechanics are still subject to change, in the past we did not have any weight limitations at all, the game will keep developing in the direction that balances realism with playability as per Nikita.

6. We can walk in water on Reserve, we might see similar behaviour in shallow water in the future. However, this I assume is likely not a high priority for the devs right now.

7. ???

8. Shotguns are quite lethal at range, not from 5000000 meters mind you. But 50? Certainly.

9. Please show me a clip of you shooting one unarmored SCAV 40 times and it not dying at 39. This sounds like a unique case on a very overloaded server.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
GeneralBrus
1 hour ago, tobiassolem said:

9. Please show me a clip of you shooting one unarmored SCAV 40 times and it not dying at 39. This sounds like a unique case on a very overloaded server.

You can shoot and hit ppl about 15 times with AP ammo without killing them, 40 seems likes an exaggeration. Still i can feel him... 

Spectator6

Thank you once again @tobiassolemfor a very eloquent and thoughtful response.

1 hour ago, tobiassolem said:

balances realism with playability as per Nikita

Is there any chance we could get some additional clarification from Nikita or one of the devs as to what is considered "playable"?

For example, within the context of what each game represents... 

Two games that are very different from one another.  One has wall-running, jetpacks, and futuristic perks (TF2) while another has hunger, radiation sickness, day/night cycles, and a very unforgiving damage/health model (Anomaly/Misery). And yet, within the "experience" each is trying to convey to the player, both are reasonably consistent in their "ground rules" which, in turn, make them quite immersive for the player.

EDIT: To be fair, STALKER also has "make believe" mutants and anomalies, both of which I feel underscores the point the consistency may be more important than a dogmatic by-the-book interpretation of realism vs unrealism. Give the player a proper "sandbox" for his mind, and it will right away suspend disbelief and dive right in

In the same way, then, as EFT continues to improve and refine the context of the experience it wants to portray, is it possible the notion of "playable" has more has to do with the level of internal consistency of the game's mechanics, lore, and "ruleset"?

Put it another way, perhaps the notion of something being "playable" has less to do with how realistic or unrealistic something is, but more to do with the reason and logic behind the game's features.

It's possible, then, that "anything" can be made playable as long as it "makes sense" to the player.

To give an admittedly extreme example, let's say that conveyor belts help a person move around the world. Like the ones seen in airports and in some manufacturing environments. In EFT, what if players could install a string of these conveyor panels as they move throughout a map to help make a hasty escape from the area?

• Realistic? Sure, they'd function close to their real-life counterparts.
  • Playable? Sure, there's nothing really earth-shattering about the mechanics, for the sake of discussion let's say it's all rather simple to code.

But does passing those two hurdles mean their inclusion would be consistent with the atmosphere and gameworld that EFT is trying to represent?

I'd say absolutely not. And no amount of balancing or tweaking would validate their inclusion into the game.

In the same way, are there some features that dilute or run "counter" to what BSG portrays in, say, the Raid series promotional materials?

Possibly so!

As a more "close to home" example, if I saw the main protagonist in the Raid series, while under direct fire in the hallway, with chaos erupting all around him... If I saw him inject himself with a drug, step out from behind cover, start running and jumping like a madman, and proceed to lay waste to every attacker in a flurry of full-auto gunfire... That, to me, would totally "go against" the type of movie I thought I was watching up to that point. My reaction would be like, "Wait a sec... Did he just do that? Did this become an over-the-top action movie all of a sudden? I thought this was trying to be a gritty and hardcore film..."

It seems to me then, that certain elements currently in the game may serve to only confuse and betray the game's foundation rather than enhance it and make it more believable. Playable or not, realistic or not, are there certain things that should be a "no go" just out of respect for and in defense of the sense of atmosphere EFT is seeking to convey to its players?

-----

TLDR: It's entirely possible that "anything" can be made to fit, even from the contexts of "realism" and "playable". What may be more important, then, are the overall goals and objectives of the project and making sure the gameplay elements are consistent and "faithful to" those ends.

Edited by Spectator6
add links, add edit to clarifym, fix typos
  • Upvote 1
jadrazzz
3 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

1. The hatchet or knife is meant only as a very last resort in fights. This game is meant primarily as a shooter, not as a "stab" simulator. The choice to reduce the damage of melee weapons is intended.

2. The developers have decided to create a limit to how much "blacked out limbs" will affect gameplay, right now if you break or black out your arms you are affected with less accuracy and shakes. At the moment this is the limit. For gameplay reasons this limit was chosen. It may be changed in the future.

3. Consider that each raid has a time limit, and that for factor like energy and hydration to play ANY factor at all, the time has to be "accelerated". These limits are there for gameplay reasons, so you have to consider your options.

4. A low ready stance has been discussed in the past, and we might see it in the future.

5. The movement mechanics are still subject to change, in the past we did not have any weight limitations at all, the game will keep developing in the direction that balances realism with playability as per Nikita.

6. We can walk in water on Reserve, we might see similar behaviour in shallow water in the future. However, this I assume is likely not a high priority for the devs right now.

7. ???

8. Shotguns are quite lethal at range, not from 5000000 meters mind you. But 50? Certainly.

Thanks for response, do you have guys have any new idea or information about "found in raid" thing? It's really, really joke thing.

Exeagle
7 hours ago, jadrazzz said:

i believe in the future there going to slow down progression well at least unlocking gear that can make you go drrrrr with 0 recoil 

so there hope yet people will be forced to use poo tier gear for awhile 

i can literally hold left mouse button and my m4 will laser someone over 100 to 150+ 

I personally think the meta 0 recoil guns that can shoot across the map fully auto shouldn't be a thing or at least much harder to get

its meant to be about realism in war single shot is the much preferred method of engagements but here people are mag dumping people from all ranges, laser guns need a hard nerf.. takes the skill out of the game who ever unlocks the meta guns first wins 

anyway 

hopefully they fix the movement system soon a nice overhaul is needed cant wait to stop seeing people peaking strafing left and right at light speed lol.. 

Edited by Exeagle
tobiassolem
3 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

Is there any chance we could get some additional clarification from Nikita or one of the devs as to what is considered "playable"?

I believe the clearest definition you'll get without having to go into everything on detail is found in the video with Nikita and Unity, below:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Spectator6
46 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

I believe the clearest definition you'll get without having to go into everything on detail is found in the video with Nikita and Unity, below:

<video>

Thanks for sharing that link @tobiassolem, that's one of the videos I use myself to introduce new players to EFT :)

Edited by Spectator6
Semipro_ttv
3 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Thank you, this will help a lot to viewers, that ask