Does BSG only want money?

DragoBruder

Hey people,

I'm not the one who questioned that. I think BSG made tarkov an excellent game but friends had their doubts on BSG when they heard about EFT Arena.

They went like "BSG wants every player to have "fun" so they create a "Call Of Duty" in EFT style".

The main reason from them was that BSG only wants money so they are creating something for everyone.

Is that a reasonable approach to say that?

Is it really that bad to get every player if possible to the EFT series and is it bad to do what BSG does?

I myself see no problem in it but well, I wanted to ask here since you probably have opinions on that as well.

So what do you guys think? Does BSG do it only for money?

My friends completely went through the roof after they heard that Arena will be developed by another "team". They were pissed about the fact that Streets and EFT itself could be done way faster with the people who are working on Arena (what I doubt).

What do you guys think?

Edited by DragoBruder
ViscontiRogue

Well, they are a company and companies are out to make money, obviously.
In BSG's case, they are a company that puts out a quality product and continues to update and support it.
I like for people to have options and I get the EFT is definitely not for everyone, but it is a good looking game, good looting and gun customization, so if there there is an alternate mode, I guess that's good for people to choose.
That being said, I would have to reserve final judgement when the other product has been advertised and decide if it might be worth the money or not, if it should be included in the base game or not, etc. 

DragoBruder

I didn't think about the most obvious one lol. Tarkov is not for everyone.. how did I forget that. Well however, the answer you gave is more than enough. I feel like I need other opinions to get a different perspective and decide which perspective is the best for me

chrisragnar

Money is more practical than receiving clothes, food and raw materials as payment for services.

Edited by chrisragnar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
NapoleonB

I do feel as though EFT has gradually shifted from a game in which the development team is passionate about, to a cash grab.

Boniuszy
6 hours ago, DragoBruder said:

Hey people,

I'm not the one who questioned that. I think BSG made tarkov an excellent game but friends had their doubts on BSG when they heard about EFT Arena.

They went like "BSG wants every player to have "fun" so they create a "Call Of Duty" in EFT style".

The main reason from them was that BSG only wants money so they are creating something for everyone.

Is it really that bad to get every player if possible to the EFT series and is it bad to do what BSG does?

I myself see no problem in it but well, I wanted to ask here since you probably have opinions on that as well.

My friends completely went through the roof after they heard that Arena will be developed by another "team". They were pissed about the fact that Streets and EFT itself could be done way faster with the people who are working on Arena (what I doubt).

What do you guys think?

Arena mode was promised to be part of main game, in worst case scenario as a dlc. It was only way to have "end game" content in Tarkov. If this will be sepatate game disconnected from Tarkov, then duck this game and company. 

Tempten101

The Arena has been planned since the start of EFT Alpha, long ago. I wouldn't say this is an impulse decision they've made to cater to everyone.

The thing that bugs me is that only recently they've announced that the Arena might be a separate game. It rubs me the wrong way, since I expected to have every future content of EFT by purchasing the EoD edition.

DragoBruder

Well I get your opinions on that. We need to actually see what Arena looks like when its done. It may be so different but "good" that it should be a different "game" or something else

• 1 month later...
eclipse97526

I think its a great idea to have multiple game modes within itself , it gives some end game content, and makes it interesting, Arena appeases to people that need to brush up on their skills ! would be cool to have a hardcore mode and a care-bear mode. " you drop your gear and you dont drop your gear " but thats what factory is basically, a campy call of duty run and gun style, i like the rainbow six tactical side of this game, i havent played teams yet, and at almost 700 hours loged in, kinda kicking some ass solo now. But what ever it may be , i will just be thankful i am allowed to play during development, Hopefully they don't waste to much time with this small stuff and get this game out, when it is up and running retail they can sit back and grab the cheaters etc.

Ruecklicht

Well, my stance is like that: since I´m an old duck I come from the days when gamers were treated like idiots. They called us dorks, weirdos, Geeks, nerds etc. Gaming was "for children" and men who don´t want to grow up. If you met a girl and said your hobby was gaming there was a good chance she would roll with her eyes and leave you on the spot. My generation was happy to get every game that worked and tried to harness the latest computing power to see what´s possible in gameplay. Graphics got better, physics got implemented, sound was going 5.1 and 7.1 THX. Now gaming is a regular hobby and since IT is so accessible we have people in gaming who IMHO have no business in gaming as my generation experienced it. Proof: there are myriad games that only need 1 button to be played, games that can be played through to the actual end. This concept, a game that has actually an end, was totally new to my generation. When I literally ended my first game I was like "am I a gamer god?". I only knew games that allowed you to get the highest high score, but there was no end. And kids actually looked for the hard games. More and more games however became "casual" and somehow this created people who not only enjoy their casual games, but also demand that "our" games get casualized as well or "they will delete the game and tell all their fantasy friends to delete it as well".

Today we have people on forums complaining about games being too hard and unfair. And that bewilders me. How can parents raise their kids to whine about a game being too hard and literally command the devs to change it, making it more easy and "fun" while there are actually a fuckton of games like out there?

So in my opinion broadening the scope of the game, like OP described, always entails the risk of attracting and/or encouraging this behaviour. I mean a lot of arguments on this forum are already held about topics of "casualisation". And I see the point the people have that bought this game for reasons of "realism". Sure realism and gameplay flow always are a hard balancing issue, but for me challenge means fun.

Shibre93100
On 1/19/2021 at 1:11 AM, ViscontiRogue said:

they are a company that puts out a quality product and continues to update and support it.

Wow, thanks for working on a product that people paid and isn't even near completed

You can praise them once the game is finally finished and they keep on supporting it

Until then, it's a bare minimum to work on a product that isn't even close to get out of early access

We didn't pay for a beta but for the opportunity to test something and try to give feedback in order to get a final product that is good

As long as the game is still in development, BSG hasn't fullfiled their promise in my opinion

DuxaRising
On 1/19/2021 at 12:43 AM, DragoBruder said:

Hey people,

What do you guys think?

Does BSG only want money?

YES.

Moriibund

I mean, they made EFT explicitly to fund the development of R28 so yea, they want money... but they also have a concrete dream for an uncompromising combat sim style game so it's not all money money.

RACWAR
16 minutes ago, Moriibund said:

they also have a concrete dream for an uncompromising combat sim style game

I think that idea has long been scrapped. 

RACWAR
On 1/19/2021 at 12:43 AM, DragoBruder said:

Arena will be developed by another "team"

I haven't heard about that. But the Hideout was also made by another team, and they did a good job with it, so I don't see the issue in that.

My take on arena however is, that I don't think it's a bad thing. I'm sure it would be fun to challenge yourself against others in an even playing field. Granted, I don't really see how arena fits in with the lore or general setting of the game, but it's whatever I guess.

I don't think that an arena mode would casualize the game, there are a lot of other things in this game that have gotten casualized or could be made more hardcore/realistic to begin with, so I don't see an arena as a big issue in that regard. On top of that, if the arena will be end-game content, then people will have to play through the story of the game first anyway, and get to a certain level before they can do arena, which I don't think anyone would do, JUST to play arena.

Edited by RACWAR
wernonwar

I dont understand why some of you guys are so afraid the the game gets more casual. What is going on in your heads? Yes eft should be punishing and hard. I like that. But where is the problem that casuals also have a chance? In the end expérience will win! 

I kinda feel that some full time gamer fear that they will also loose and you can't have a noob stomp feast. 

Don't get me wrong I like the concept right now at it is. Except the bugs and so on. But for example I really like that you can now build more stuff in the hideout. It makes it much easier for casuals to play the game. They can craft quest items over time and so on. I think they should go on with this way.  It helps balance a bit.

Is it necessary that "no life " full time gamer enjoy the game as the others don't have enough grind time? To "get gut"? 

Don't we want that the game becomes bigger and evolves? Because in the end if money stops there is no Tarkov.  You can go back to CoD or mill sim or day z or whatever. 

So everybody who is against streamers or the game is to casual basically will kill the game in the end. Let's see how you like the game if you won't wait 8 min for a game to start but 30 min.

Just my 2 cent. From my perspective this are "idealistis" who don't mean bad but have no idea about economy or busines.

On 1/18/2021 at 3:43 PM, DragoBruder said:

Hey people,

What do you guys think?

At the beginning I got the sense the game was being made from passion. But then I started to feel like I had been mislead. Due the fact how long the game has been in development. Then refunds were not going to be made. Then came along Twitch and all the other social media trash. 

If they deliver the game they had in mind from the start, great. But I will be thinking twice before I by another BSG tagged game. 

But make no mistake BSG is definitely profiting from this game. Have they become tainted by greed? Well, nobody can answer that other than the team themselves. 

Konradk

I don't actually mind there being 'arena mode', something else to do I guess within this world and this particular form of gameplay, its nice, we would get more content or atleast something we can kill time on. The problem I see with it is that Tarkov on its own is an expensive game (for a alpha/beta) stages, also myself and many others have purchased EOD edition to support the company so they can give us more contect, polish the game and overall finish it faster, we aren't talking about a small sums either, Nikita has good few mills in his bank account right now, soo where am I going with it ? It's simple; we all have supported the game devs. by giving them money to finish their product while being given a broken one thats being worked on over time, ok cool as long as everyone is happy with it, problem that we have is that they are throwing the money in different project/s that we may have to purchase separetely and THAT is a big issue. Ok besides dramatizing too early, it all depends what their approach to that is going to be, I mean if its going to be given to us as part of Tarkov thats cool and all, if its a separete game we have to buy - dick move, if its a dlc we have to buy again - dick move (considering the main product is not even there that we payed for), if its going to be either free for us or given as a DLC and lets say free for people that currently own the game or certain game packages it would be acceptable to a certain level.  That's how I see it, while trying to answer your question whether they only care about money or nah. 

ACuddlyBadger

Want arena? Play factory. 

I would pay for EoD but this game isn't being developed with features that would take it out of beta fast enough compared to the new guns, map expansions etc. The economy generally gets worse and worse, movement mechanics are awful, sound design lends itself to soundwhoring abuse. The armor mechanics haven't been updated nor shown off in leak/hype clips like how streets has been shown off. 95% of BSG's twitter activity is streamer oriented which really brainsmacks me. 

ACuddlyBadger

If this game got regular sneak peeks at upcoming overhauls that would take this game out of beta, if it got core mechanics fleshed out like audio, movement, progression, etc, I could justify buying EoD.