Suggestions about the karma system and grouping with randoms inside raids regardless of faction.

emolano

Before I start my actual post: karma system for scavs? Please! Also sorry if bad english anywhere, I did my best, but it's a long text.

I was reading some rumors about the addition of a karma system that would punish players for killing other members of their faction, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. They were my team when we were under the contract of the same employer, but now we are just strangers abandoned trying to survive, we just share a similar background. But I am not against the karma system, I just disagree that it should be based on factions. My suggestion related to this is karma based on groups of players. Let me explain:

I know that proximity voice chat will come to the game eventually and that it will allow communication with nearby players. But it would also be nice to add a radio, which in addition to serving as long-distance communication (as Discord currently does) would allow other mechanics to be added. It would be an item that could not be lost, such as knives and safe containers, and is only available for PMCs. At the beginning of each Raid, the leader of each player group would receive a frequency (and of course each lone player would be the leader of their own group). During the raid if we make friends with one of more random PMCs, regardless of the faction, we can synchronize the radios (call them to the group). Karma would be a way of punishing players who try to take advantage of this system and betray groups. This also solves the existing random problem by creating random groups to betray them at the beginning of a raid. And it would be nice to be able to add as friends these random PMCs that you extract with in the same group at the end of a raid. To encourage this mechanic, there could be a karma bonus to form groups and extract together with random PMCs. This could also allow clans to exist, but this is other topic. Also extraction camping must be punished hardly, since not only this is toxic gameplay to extreme but it's the time where most of the betrayals would happen.

Some questions and problems that may arise from my suggestion:

1-How will the game decide if a player betrayed the group or not?

The punishment system could work like in most games with TK, did your friend accidentally kill you? Then after the raid forgive him. Was it on purpose? Choose the option for him to be punished and he will receive the negative karma.

2-So can you put in your group everyone you encounter?

No, only PMCs and the radios must have a maximum number of frequencies synchronized at the same time (to avoid groups of 20 players). Perhaps the same limit for entering the raid? Or maybe a little bigger (5 before raid but 8 in game? Depending on map of course).

3-How will synchronization happen?

Each player must be close to the leader to enter his frequency, and the latter decides whether or not to accept synchronization. One option would be for the frequency to be a number that the leader have to say and the other players must insert into their radio. Another option would be for the leader to send an invitation to nearby players (this part cannot be completely realistic, or else we will have players putting random frequencies in their radios and forcing themselves into groups).

4-This guy from our group is begin a ass* what can we do?

Players can leave the group or be kicked out of it at any time, but killing one of the players who was recently part of the group (10% of raid time?) would give an expressively high karma penalty, even bigger than normal tk(so you will be desincoraged to kick someone them kill him). So you guys must follow different paths before the timer runs out. The now alone player's radio will be filled with static until he finds a new empty frequency.

4.1-What will happen if a member of my group migrates to another?

If a member of your group with a modifier goes to another group, all players in both groups will become subject to that modifier. You will also get the modifier on any player that recently leaved their group. If all the players are in the same group angain the modifier disapears. All players can have ilimited modifiers by joining and leaving ilimited groups. This is to prevent most elaborated schemes to kill trustworthy players.

4.2-How do we know if we still have the modifier?

It will be the same thing as medical modifiers, put them very small in some corner of the screen so that they don't break the immersion, and by pressing tab you can have sure of how much time is left.

4.3-If I kill some former member of my group with less than 10 seconds left to the modifier will I get the full karma penalty? 

As time goes by the amount of karma lost will decrease, maybe 1% of time will be equal to 1% less karma to lose, I think this would be just since you could just shot any stalkers that did not accept to be kicked by you and have been following you with immunity by 5 minutes straigth.

5-Can everyone hear what we talk in the radio?

Of course! They can hear both you talking to the radio and what is begin told from it, so you have to choose carefully the time to communicate with your teammates.

6-Can we join groups if the leader have different extractions?

I think that extractions should be synced with the leader, but even if they're not I don't see any problem in it.

I will not go into much detail about the radio(range, batteries, different models etc...there other posts about it) or the punishments/benefits of the karma system(better trade values, better scav gear etc...this is up to Battlestate). My point is: your faction is your friends, regardless of them begin USEC or BEARS. The PMC you used to work for will just affect your skills and initial gear but not who are your enemies. And you also should be able to make new friends in game. This is exactly what is show in the game trailer: a BEAR and a USEC putting differences aside to survive.

DanloJr

I'd like to know what's actually happened to the Karma system we were promised - it doesn't appear to have materialised.  And it's starting to annoy me.

Getting to the point where I don't really want to play, especially as a scav and I guess I'm not the only one.

Andrudis
13 hours ago, DanloJr said:

I'd like to know what's actually happened to the Karma system we were promised - it doesn't appear to have materialised.

It is still in development as are dozens of other game mechanics. Game is only about 65% complete according to Nikita.

Karma will not be in game at least until 2 new NPC factions with free roam and raid objectives mechanics are added, because one of the raid objectives for those new factions will be to hunt down players with bad karma like in offline mode with "Tagged and Cursed" checked.

DanloJr
12 hours ago, Andrudis said:

It is still in development as are dozens of other game mechanics. Game is only about 65% complete according to Nikita.

Karma will not be in game at least until 2 new NPC factions with free roam and raid objectives mechanics are added, because one of the raid objectives for those new factions will be to hunt down players with bad karma like in offline mode with "Tagged and Cursed" checked.

We where promised over 2 updates ago that it would in the game soon.  Not good enough.

Revelayshuns

I think the karma system would be too hard to implement between factions. They all look alike and unless you're spamming f1, then how on earth would you tell them apart???