Dying before the raid is over or dying as a PMC to instantly recharge your scav

Peterhobo1

It makes sense. If you die as a scav why should you wait for the recharge? I understand the need for a recharge timer to prevent the game being just for running scavs all the time, but you get nothing if you die early so why shouldn't you be able to run another?

As for the PMC death to recharge I think this one just makes sense. The only argument I can come up with against it would be that you could just run factory naked so that you can die in 30 seconds and move on to another scav, but the solution seems easy enough: Your scav won't respawn if you start as "tagged and cursed" (or implement a check like it) or if you do a run-through, so that you have to run an actual PMC run to get your scav back.

No doubt many of the veteran players will come in here to proudly inform me how easy it is for them to earn 300k on a 1 minute run-through. Great, nice for you, but you aren't the reason scav runs are in the game and 10 seconds on any forum for this game will show you why making the game more noob accessible is a great idea.

• Sad 2
H4zeMnesia
19 hours ago, Peterhobo1 said:

No doubt many of the veteran players will come in here to proudly inform me how easy it is for them to earn 300k on a 1 minute run-through. Great, nice for you, but you aren't the reason scav runs are in the game and 10 seconds on any forum for this game will show you why making the game more noob accessible is a great idea.

Just here for that part, awesome mate !

For the scav, you can reduce to 10 min, yea i know later in game, still not have it personally, and 10 minutes in tarkov is fast, time to prepare your raid, go to some sellers, loading game, play, and finally die 15 seconds later in factory.. 

Lvl 8 here.

Edited by H4zeMnesia
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
p4nnus
On 1/20/2021 at 10:37 PM, Peterhobo1 said:

I understand the need for a recharge timer to prevent the game being just for running scavs all the time, but you get nothing if you die early so why shouldn't you be able to run another?

So that you understand that EFT is not DM. Even now the scav rounds are very oftenly available, so people can use them to just zerg rush everything. If they are less oftenly available, they are used more effectively and without turning the game to a DM. Scav rounds used to be available every hour. Then every 40mins.. then 30. Im pretty sure that they will be made less available once the server stability issues and scav spawns & balancing is not in such a dire need of testing.

If you die, you need to wait, so that you are not rewarded for dying. This would just increase the craziness of people rushing, they could just do it as long as they make it, which is not the point of scav rounds or anything in EFT. Risk vs reward is a crucial part of EFT, even on scav rounds. If you die, you lose that scav and have to wait. 

100% wont happen, can bet a 1000000000000 roubles.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Peterhobo1
26 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

So that you understand that EFT is not DM. Even now the scav rounds are very oftenly available, so people can use them to just zerg rush everything. If they are less oftenly available, they are used more effectively and without turning the game to a DM. Scav rounds used to be available every hour. Then every 40mins.. then 30. Im pretty sure that they will be made less available once the server stability issues and scav spawns & balancing is not in such a dire need of testing.

If you die, you need to wait, so that you are not rewarded for dying. This would just increase the craziness of people rushing, they could just do it as long as they make it, which is not the point of scav rounds or anything in EFT. Risk vs reward is a crucial part of EFT, even on scav rounds. If you die, you lose that scav and have to wait. 

100% wont happen, can bet a 1000000000000 roubles.

Thanks for the worthless comment, please read the last paragraph of my post, or honestly any of if because you clearly didn't even skim.

Edited by Peterhobo1
Additional information
  • Sad 2
p4nnus
15 minutes ago, Peterhobo1 said:

Thanks for the worthless comment, please read the last paragraph of my post

Its not worthless, as now you can, (if you want to) understand why the scav rounds are as they are and will most probably be available with a longer timer than now. Im pretty sure BSG has stated that they are super available so the servers get proper stress testing all the time and so that the scav balancing is done with as much data as possible. Id put that amount of roubles on it.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:37 PM, Peterhobo1 said:

Great, nice for you, but you aren't the reason scav runs are in the game and 10 seconds on any forum for this game will show you why making the game more noob accessible is a great idea.

EFT wont be turned in to more of a DM just because noobs cant handle this VERY FORGIVING 20min timer. Quite the opposite. "A niche game for a niche audience", as Nikita put it. Adapt and overcome or dont.

But yeah, plot twist, EFT is not developed for noobs. Thats why we vets have to come and tell you this, time after time again, because you were so ignorant that you didnt find out on your own and now you make silly duplicate posts on the forums, without realizing how useless these posts are. You are just basically cluttering the forums and making proper suggestions drown in these duplicates. Use the search function next time before posting, as the rules say. :useriously:

Edited by p4nnus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Peterhobo1
12 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

Its not worthless, as now you can, (if you want to) understand why the scav rounds are as they are and will most probably be available with a longer timer than now. Im pretty sure BSG has stated that they are super available so the servers get proper stress testing all the time and so that the scav balancing is done with as much data as possible. Id put that amount of roubles on it.

EFT wont be turned in to more of a DM just because noobs cant handle this VERY FORGIVING 20min timer. Quite the opposite. "A niche game for a niche audience", as Nikita put it. Adapt and overcome or dont.

But yeah, plot twist, EFT is not developed for noobs. Thats why we vets have to come and tell you this, time after time again, because you were so ignorant that you didnt find out on your own and now you make silly duplicate posts on the forums, without realizing how useless these posts are. You are just basically cluttering the forums and making proper suggestions drown in these duplicates. Use the search function next time before posting, as the rules say. :useriously:

More time wasted reading through nothing, thank you!

• Thanks 1
tobiassolem

Hello Peterhobo1!

I understand your frustration, dying can be very frustrating and punishing. Especially when you've got some really nice stuff. Getting "punished" for dying feels bad, especially as a new player. But this choice is actually by design. The devs want the experience to be punishing and they want you to be rewarded for using tactics. Keep training and you will improve your odds of survival!

Bottom line, the SCAV timers might be altered in the future, but there's a reason for the time limits. It's meant to be harsh.

There are ways to survive longer however, I recommend you look up the Sherpa program to get some help with how to improve your survival odds both as a SCAV and as a PMC.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Spectator6
5 minutes ago, Peterhobo1 said:

cause it's just bad game design

No it's not.

Quit trying to blame other people for what appears to be a bad purchase on your part.

• Upvote 1
tobiassolem
11 minutes ago, Peterhobo1 said:

Wish I could get a refund then cause it's just bad game design

If you buy a ghost pepper, and it says its "SUPER HOT" on the tin, and you think its too hot for your taste and wish you'd be able to get a refund. Then it might not be the ghost pepper at fault. ;)

In all seriousness though, the learning curve in this game is very steep. It's intended to be a squad based shooter, so perhaps doing things alone might be what sets you back?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Reymt
Am 21.1.2021 um 23:14 schrieb tobiassolem:

Hello Peterhobo1!

I understand your frustration, dying can be very frustrating and punishing. Especially when you've got some really nice stuff. Getting "punished" for dying feels bad, especially as a new player. But this choice is actually by design. The devs want the experience to be punishing and they want you to be rewarded for using tactics. Keep training and you will improve your odds of survival!

Bottom line, the SCAV timers might be altered in the future, but there's a reason for the time limits. It's meant to be harsh.

There are ways to survive longer however, I recommend you look up the Sherpa program to get some help with how to improve your survival odds both as a SCAV and as a PMC.

When you die, you get punished because all of what you just did was worthless, you wont get anything out of it and wasted a bunch of time. You got into a stressfull game and you didnt get the satisfication of taking out a reward.

This counts doubly because a scav doesnt even give you experience or skills for your PMC, in a game thats all about progression, about leveling up and improving skills. In fact, scavs are almost like a noob trap, because they can really screw you by keeping you low in level. I dont even do scav runs anymore, because they're just not worth it, timer or not.

I could imagine that the devs want to stop people from just taking a scav and rushing to the exit to use the gear on their PMC; but lets be real, players that actually have to rely on that probably need all the help they can get anyway.

And thats already a lot of punishment for pretty little gain there, isnt it? What does a timer then do but just waste your time atop of it? Theres nothing hardcore about arbitrary delays, particuarly when its about an element that is as random as scav runs, where you can just spawn in front of some pmc/player scav and get instantly merk'd, where you have no meds and little capacity to take out loot.

Im sure its a design decision by the devs of Tarkov, but I also believe that its a pretty poor one, maybe one that held some more value in older versions of Tarkov. Right now it just seems pretty worthless. And also as if the devs dont respect your time, which is true in many ways for Tarkov.