how to play better

untagatnu
4 hours ago, pkpk8222 said:

i am new player , how to i play better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D6tk9pD58E

Thx for sharing that. I have a couple of pointers.

1. Work to improve your room clearing.
  2. Aim higher. Imagine you have a crosshair and keep it at head level.
  3. When you can afford, get the SKS extended magazine. You can use multiple magazines or just top load 1-2 magazines.
  4. Beware of running in front of windows.
  5. People can hear you from very long distances, specially with headsets.
  6. If you can hear it, others can. People can hear you when you switch fire modes.
  7. Nothing we can do / say about desync.
  8. There is always more than 1. Expect teams of 2,3,4, and 5.
  9. Find a team mate.
  10. Beware of peakers advantage. Saw you holding 90 degree angles on dorms twice.
  11. Good ammo > Good weapon.
  12. Check your sensitivity (5:00). Look for cm/360
  13. When looting try to grab as many attachments as possible. Or whatever is best price per slot.
  14. Your sensitivity is off. This guy is awesome for mice. Find your cm/360 and/or take a look at your mouse.

Honestly, I liked your video. You play well. Don't be discouraged by the number of observations. They are, after all, subjective... mmm except for your sensitivity. You gotta fix that. 

Heck! I know if I upload one of my crappy vids I'm bound to have a ton of comments on things I can work on.

untitled_gif.gif.7f90ee88ee3ed27b0850d67160bb2f53.gif

This gif is a quick representation for room clearing. You can tell by the vision cones that every inch of the room gets explored methodically by each team member. Google or look for more videos on youtube for 'room clearing'. It's the same concept indoors and certain outdoor areas. 

Almost forgot.

15. There is a keybinding for 'Overhead blind shooting' and 'Right side blind shooting'. Use them. They are not useless. You can use it to clear rooms. Fire your weapon. Throw grenades. It's extremely useful albeit it will take time to get used to it.

pkpk8222
On 1/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, untagatnu said:

Thx for sharing that. I have a couple of pointers.

1. Work to improve your room clearing.
  2. Aim higher. Imagine you have a crosshair and keep it at head level.
  3. When you can afford, get the SKS extended magazine. You can use multiple magazines or just top load 1-2 magazines.
  4. Beware of running in front of windows.
  5. People can hear you from very long distances, specially with headsets.
  6. If you can hear it, others can. People can hear you when you switch fire modes.
  7. Nothing we can do / say about desync.
  8. There is always more than 1. Expect teams of 2,3,4, and 5.
  9. Find a team mate.
  10. Beware of peakers advantage. Saw you holding 90 degree angles on dorms twice.
  11. Good ammo > Good weapon.
  12. Check your sensitivity (5:00). Look for cm/360
  13. When looting try to grab as many attachments as possible. Or whatever is best price per slot.
  14. Your sensitivity is off. This guy is awesome for mice. Find your cm/360 and/or take a look at your mouse.

Honestly, I liked your video. You play well. Don't be discouraged by the number of observations. They are, after all, subjective... mmm except for your sensitivity. You gotta fix that. 

Heck! I know if I upload one of my crappy vids I'm bound to have a ton of comments on things I can work on.

untitled_gif.gif.7f90ee88ee3ed27b0850d67160bb2f53.gif

This gif is a quick representation for room clearing. You can tell by the vision cones that every inch of the room gets explored methodically by each team member. Google or look for more videos on youtube for 'room clearing'. It's the same concept indoors and certain outdoor areas. 

Almost forgot.

15. There is a keybinding for 'Overhead blind shooting' and 'Right side blind shooting'. Use them. They are not useless. You can use it to clear rooms. Fire your weapon. Throw grenades. It's extremely useful albeit it will take time to get used to it.

thx

• 2 months later...
Filthmaster

I'm a newbie myself but i could give an advice or two.

1.Get on a discord group Tarkov Team Finder is a good one people from EU and US play together and help new players ive learned a lot from one dude lvl 57 but after a while play on your own or with someone similar level so you dont left behind when they run and jump haha and sometimes it feels like they are doing most of the work for you.

2.Watch videos on youtube about how to play better what load outs to use how to farm rubles etc.

3.It takes time to get better so dont worry just sit back and relax and process the game in your own time

4.buy lots of low budget gear and go out there and kill scavs maybe try some pmcs but they will be sometimes harder to kill it depends.

5.Get the Edge of Darkness edition of tarkov when you can and have the money because the box you get will help you out a lot to stuff there and even if you die you make some profit.

Well thats my 5 cents Have fun and Enjoy!