The hell is up with fuel

Dragune44

Just out of curiosity, why on gods green earth do fuel for the hideout just keep getting ungodly stupid expensive. 150k from jaeger if your lucky to buy one, 250k on the flea market, your able to craft the blues and trade them but the game increased the amount needed for both... so Just gotta ask why?

This makes it almost worthless to have a hideout if it cost you just as much to have it running to make the few things aren't even worth the cost of fuel. Any thoughts?

MarcBorgia

Its probably because BSG made the bitcoin follow real life values which is pretty high right now so they are trying to make it more difficult for people that are already at that point to just get over loaded with moneys

Silamon

Just to be sure, you are aware you do not need to actually have the generator running while crafting most items right? You can turn it on and start a craft, then turn it back off right after.

That does seem pretty expensive for fuel though. I don't remember it being so high.

Dragune44

You're correct MarcBorgia, but for those who aren't at that point it really hurts the vast majority of the player base who aren't hardcore spending 25+ hours a week on this game.

Also Silamon, youre correct but it increases the time needed to craft items now by a drastic measure.

Silamon
Just now, Dragune44 said:

You're correct MarcBorgia, but for those who aren't at that point it really hurts the vast majority of the player base who aren't hardcore spending 25+ hours a week on this game.

Also Silamon, youre correct but it increases the time needed to craft items now by a drastic measure.

Yeah it always did that. I was always a cheapskate and just let things take forever to craft haha. A can of fuel would last me weeks.

I only just started playing again this wipe though, can't even use flea yet.

GeneralBrus
27 minutes ago, Dragune44 said:

Just out of curiosity, why on gods green earth do fuel for the hideout just keep getting ungodly stupid expensive. 150k from jaeger if your lucky to buy one, 250k on the flea market, your able to craft the blues and trade them but the game increased the amount needed for both... so Just gotta ask why?

This makes it almost worthless to have a hideout if it cost you just as much to have it running to make the few things aren't even worth the cost of fuel. Any thoughts?

Micro management for the economy, instead of giving the game proper balance, nikita is playing the crazy professor again, while we are just the test subjects. Nothing new happens all the time, lets hope this nonsense stops when the game is finally released.

KiloNein

This is just getting idiotic. 

Enough of the micromanaging of the economy in this game - It's ducking it up for anyone who isn't a streamer.

Plenty of people I know who have played this game for years now are getting ducking sick of it.

• Upvote 1
Dragune44

I've played this game since 2017 and not once has Nikkita cared about anyone but the streamers since the game gained a following because of them. He's only listening to streamers and the fact that they play 10+ hours a day and poo becomes easy for them he's gotta make it harder for them regardless how it affects the mass. This is a prime example. 

• Upvote 1
MarcBorgia

I think the economy was fine when bitcoin was a standard price but since they changed it money is too easy so they need to make it harder to get to that point...instead of just making it a standard price again....

• Like 1
KiloNein
46 minutes ago, sixpackvball said:

How is fuel sold out within 2 minutes of it refreshing??? this is getting stupid

Something like only 200 fuel cans per restock

9 minutes ago, mrandersen639 said:

Time to run Interchange and farm gas from Oli some more.

They decreased spawn rates of fuel across all maps. I just ran 4 interchange runs for quests and didn't find a single one.

Jsaccs
30 minutes ago, KiloNein said:

They decreased spawn rates of fuel across all maps. I just ran 4 interchange runs for quests and didn't find a single one

huh, i found in one oli raid /shrug.

amikron

Hi All,

I think there is no point in following real bitcoin price if people are not supposed to enjoy/suffer the outcome. I think fixing the price should save a lot of headaches for us and the developers as well. Recent changes to the bitcoin farm and related items like gascans made me feel leaving the game. Redoing my concept of playing in every 2-3 weeks ... no thanks. I have a lot to do IRL. What will happen when the bitcoin prices doubles or cut half in the next year/month/week/day?! You have to start from scratch again. It will take a lot of work, effort, time and money to keep running after the market. Here are my 2 centsI hope you get my point.

behi09ma
1 hour ago, amikron said:

Hi All,

I think there is no point in following real bitcoin price if people are not supposed to enjoy/suffer the outcome. I think fixing the price should save a lot of headaches for us and the developers as well. Recent changes to the bitcoin farm and related items like gascans made me feel leaving the game. Redoing my concept of playing in every 2-3 weeks ... no thanks. I have a lot to do IRL. What will happen when the bitcoin prices doubles or cut half in the next year/month/week/day?! You have to start from scratch again. It will take a lot of work, effort, time and money to keep running after the market. Here are my 2 centsI hope you get my point.

lol. correct me if im wrong. you are leaving a fps game because of the bitcoin price?! funny

10 hours ago, Dragune44 said:

you have been with this game for a long time to know that when spawn rate on an item gets lower, the price goes up.

guys don't make a joke of yourselves, cause in the end, those who were crying about any changes that have made or will be made, will stay and play. wait for major changes that will come this year, you will have better subjects to complain, save your energy for those days. 

and a tip for those guys that cant get fuel (which still i cant understand why they can't), don't bother yourself with the hideout if you cant afford fuels, right now you can get anything you want from flea, and if you need an item for quest, i dont think finding a fuel or buying one or two fuels from the flea can be that hard.

amikron
54 minutes ago, behi09ma said:

lol. correct me if im wrong. you are leaving a fps game because of the bitcoin price?! funny

You are wrong, check my post again. Get over the fact that people crying because they don't get enough free stuff. I did not expect that everyone gets my point but you can give another try. I've started my post with a proposal and tried to highlight that adjustments around btc farm like this will be with us over and over again if passive income is such an issue and will get linked to IRL prices in the future. Pushing time, effort and 20m+ to max lvl2 btc to get these nerfs because IRL BTC skyrocketed, confused me. I don't see any concept behind but: "Uhhh they got more free money than expected, Let's nerf here and there let's see what happens."  At present I don't feel putting effort into this worth it.

Dragune44
2 hours ago, behi09ma said:

you have been with this game for a long time to know that when spawn rate on an item gets lower, the price goes up.

guys don't make a joke of yourselves, cause in the end, those who were crying about any changes that have made or will be made, will stay and play. wait for major changes that will come this year, you will have better subjects to complain, save your energy for those days. 

and a tip for those guys that cant get fuel (which still i cant understand why they can't), don't bother yourself with the hideout if you cant afford fuels, right now you can get anything you want from flea, and if you need an item for quest, i dont think finding a fuel or buying one or two fuels from the flea can be that hard.

Was a discussion based on the fact that a developer is changing poo with out any reason other than he doesn't want streamers who play for 10+ hours and are already maxed to be even more loaded. This doesn't affect them, it affects the masses my guy. Yes i've played for many years and this is actually my first forum post because this is a constant with BSG and it just getting annoying now. 

TakeoRagez

the only thing im pissed about is that not even 1 second after trader restock/reset all the fuel is out of stock all of it. i set a timer to catch the restock and i tried to buy fuel literally 1 second after it reset and it was out of stock thats the only thing that annoys me. yes i could have bought fuel for 90 something k before the change yes they increased the price to 155k whatever i dont care but everyone should at least get the chance to buy 1 or 2 from jaeger after restock cause 250k+ from flea is a little bit outrages.

Brxwniie

its just funny though cause some people don't pay attention and the market fee kills them, because sure you can put it up for 200-300k but the fee can be extremely high, which is supposed to be the deterrent, but again, some people don't pay attention to this. I believe when my friend was going to put up his metal fuel tank for 200k he said the fee was somewhere around 100k, I may be wrong however.

TakeoRagez

vor 1 Minute schrieb Brxwniie:

its just funny though cause some people don't pay attention and the market fee kills them, because sure you can put it up for 200-300k but the fee can be extremely high, which is supposed to be the deterrent, but again, some people don't pay attention to this. I believe when my friend was going to put up his metal fuel tank for 200k he said the fee was somewhere around 100k, I may be wrong however.

i just tried it with one of the tanks i have left and if you put it up for 250k the fee is 129k so ye its true. this makes the whole thing even more outrages. 200k is a fee of 88.8k so the guy that puts it up for 250k or more is losing money you basicly pay 130 to get 120 back. there is just no reason to.

• Like 1
Brxwniie
29 minutes ago, TakeoRagez said:

i just tried it with one of the tanks i have left and if you put it up for 250k the fee is 129k so ye its true. this makes the whole thing even more outrages. 200k is a fee of 88.8k so the guy that puts it up for 250k or more is losing money you basicly pay 130 to get 120 back. there is just no reason to.

Yeah, its joke though cause most people don't realize they're just losing money, they think they're gaining hahaha

TakeoRagez

ye as i said before with jaeger i just tried again and waited for the restock but as soon as i open the trader 1 second after reset they are sold out its ridiculous.

butterbro

How many more years until Jackass just starts offering subscription-based gas plans starting at LL2?

Fuel in general needs a massive overhaul. Instead of fuel can slots, give the generator its own fuel capacity and let us dump our cans into it. Low level players could finally craft their first mag boxes without wasting gas! Jackass fuel subscription plans would dump straight into the generator so you don't get the container to craft with.

Obsydea

Never personally had an issue with fuel. There are a few common spots to find it on maps. Customs, the generators near fortress [ big new building ] being one such location. I think I bought fuel one time this patch, normally I would just scav and go grab some.