Cheaters increasing in numbers

CHEATERS 

"Cheaters" yes we all know what I'm talking about here, I'm pretty sure that nearly all of us have met these dirtbags in every competitive online game. 

Escape From Tarkov is especially the form of game where these cheaters can thrive and grow in numbers. Main reason for that being that we have no killcam, spectatic or any sort of kill view mechanic in the game. I understand that, that's not the route Tarkov wants to take, this game is aiming for realistic combat where you have to completely rely on good communication between your friends and there is no UI to help you play the game.. When you're dead, you're dead so to say.

Problem with this is that cheaters can use their cheats in peace, there is no-one to watch over them and we can't tell if they cheated or not. If we get one tapped from miles away all we can do is shrug and say "I guess there was a rat player hiding in a bush", when in reality it was a guy with ESP shooting you through all vegetation and making it impossible for you to see where you got shot from. I have played this game since it became playable for us, and I have met a lot of these cheaters while playing this game. Honestly there a lot of times when I really can't be sure if my killer cheated or not but I have huge amounts of cases where I can literally see person running with speedhacks in godmod or picking me out with ESP or radar. I've actually started to see the circle and behavior of these cheaters clearly. I could make a wholesome YT career out of tracking these cheaters in-game and coming in contact with them. Radar players are real, I've started hatchling running in raids just to see how many radar players I can find, what I do is that I hide in a place where you just possibly can't see or you would never look into, and I wait for long time for someone to come.. But somehow there is always someone who runs around me in circle wondering where I am and taking their time to find and shoot me in the end.

ONE OF THE MANY CLIPS

Here's a looter-cheater, there are a lot of these guys in the game. He is in godmode running around the map with speedhack and looting every container with loot in them. He doesn't kill me because that way I can't report him. This is the big problem with Tarkov, I literally can't report this guy because he didn't kill me. Or is there a way I don't know of other than contacting support and hoping that they somehow magically track this guy?

WHAT CAN WE DO?

All we can do is hope that Battlestate Games finds a way to fight against the increasing numbers of cheaters. Implementing some sort of killview mechanic would help the players to tell if they were killed by a cheater or not, not 100% accurately but it would help a lot. At this point we are just guessing with the report button. Every game has cheaters and always will have, there is no way to completely have cheater free game, but this situation needs a fast fix. 

Battlestate Games has banned 30,000 cheaters over the first 15 days of 2021. That's A LOT! So you can be sure that they are working on it, but it just tells us how many cheaters this game actually has, 30,000 in 15 days is massive. Imagine how many gets through the filter when we don't know who to report. When we get one tapped through a ton of vegetation, we can't be the eyes for Battlestate Games and say that they cheated.

So let's hope that this situation will be under control soon, and as they have suggested.. When in doubt.. Use that report button! It helps! Really!

• Sad 1
untagatnu

You shooting at the cheater... meanwhile... he is like this:

hacker hacking GIF

Sadly, there is no way to report that directly. I mean... BSG could check the game room code on the bottom left and find out... 

I think the biggest thing lacking now is ban advertisement. Like R6:S does it. You know... a banner where it says X was banned. AND/OR some sort of follow-up after a hack accusation / report. Just so that people can see the system is working.

A more drastic solution could be to take down the market completely.

No market = no supply = no demand = no RMT websites (you just saw an RMT hacker. He's invincible and looting because all he cares about are the roubles).

That can give some relieve for RMT hackers, but not for PVP hackers. You know the type... the ones that use radar / esp / wallhacks / trigger bots / aim bots ... etc.

Edited by untagatnu
  • Upvote 1
Lurch_454

I would love the killcam idea. I have had so many deaths tonight alone that were questionable at best.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Windowlick

I can second this thread. I'm brand new to this game, and I've been killed by cheaters more often than not so far. I had one guy blatantly use a kill command to kill me just a few minutes ago. I just died out of nowhere, the postgame screen said I took zero damage. I've never seen a game so densely populated with cheaters, I barely want to play anymore. Especially given that I have very little money or resources to get any decent gear. 

• Upvote 1
jasonchan122497

Nothing new here, early wipe, people are still figuring out the game, trying to crack the game, and now mid wipe? The Orc horde has arrived.

• Upvote 1
LoginTaken

When a player is flagged as a cheater.

They should be placed into matches that only comprise of other caught cheaters. They have access to the flea-market but have a 101% fee (Or it would work, but only other cheaters could purchase them. That or they never appear for other players at all.)

If they want to keep playing with cheats, it will be against others with the same "Skills".

The no life that use cheats will likely keep playing on the account. The only ones I suspect will always purchase a new account would be the ones that do so for real world money.

You know, the rent of cheaters.

Gemacko

There is so many suspicious deaths in this game and its so hard to know if it was cheats or not. Maybe he was in a bush behind me or was he just sniping me across the entire map with pistol?
How do you know if its an actual cheater or not when you die really suspicious?

Played custom and while passing gas station I heard rashalla and the boys, killed the boys got their gear so I had some really good gear went for rashalla ez Headshot and as soon as I start looting him, I go straight for pockets to look for bitcoin.
I don't even have time to search his pockets before grenade at my feet dead. So this guy managed to throw a grenade over the entire gas station and make it land just in that small corner where I was lying looting.
not sure if cheating but really suspicious....

• Upvote 2
untagatnu
2 hours ago, Gemacko said:

Maybe he was in a bush behind me or was he just sniping me across the entire map with pistol?
How do you know if its an actual cheater or not when you die really suspicious?

Played custom and while passing gas station I heard rashalla and the boys, killed the boys got their gear so I had some really good gear went for rashalla ez Headshot and as soon as I start looting him, I go straight for pockets to look for bitcoin.
I don't even have time to search his pockets before grenade at my feet dead. So this guy managed to throw a grenade over the entire gas station and make it land just in that small corner where I was lying looting.
not sure if cheating but really suspicious....

confused the lion king GIF

HUH? This dude.

Both videos show people hacking. 100% no doubt.

WhatAKlutz
10 hours ago, Lurch_454 said:

I would love the killcam idea. I have had so many deaths tonight alone that were questionable at best.

I'd love the idea of being harsh on cheaters and hacking tool devs. I'd love the idea of not having such a shitty AC to the point that Hackers make fun of it on their forums and come up with hacking tool 1 or 2 days after an update.

The killcam will ruin the gameplay for the people who don't hack. You can tell your teammate where the guy is firing from, where he is moving to, etc...

untagatnu
5 hours ago, WhatAKlutz said:

The killcam will ruin the gameplay for the people who don't hack. You can tell your teammate where the guy is firing from, where he is moving to, etc...

d&d nerd GIF

Even if they add a kill cam after everyone is gone from the raid... I dislike that idea. Every single game that has ever added a kill cam develops a super toxic community of children that end up prefiring / blind grenade spots they know are frequented by people. 

I'll copy pasta someone elses comment on this issue / suggestion for kill cams, that I think fits perfectly:

I have the game for about 5 months now and I love the steep learning curve. It means that there is actually a challenge you have to overcome instead of getting everything handed over like in the American produced games where you have a mini map and a HUD with navigation points, and everything is simple and cute so you don´t have to actually have to improve your gameplay. I think it´s great. Gaming back in the day was for scores, but now you have to be able to "finish" a game so people say it is fun, but I think this attitude attracted too many casuals who aren´t really gamers. Imagine people ranting about games being too hard in the 80´s or 90´s XD. back then we were happy to play and if we sucked, we trained harder. It´s simple, gamers want a challenge, casuals want instant self-affirmation and an outlet to rant whenever they had to realise they suck at gaming. But what can we expect from a genration which gets handed trophys for loosing? I mean only in these days one would invent games where you literally have to click only one button like "A night in the woods" and call this a "game". One cannot make this up, we live in strange times.

Edited by untagatnu
StLouisR1

I have noted a spike in cheating over the past 2 days. 

Waiting quietly in in Factory Exit at night, not moving, and a three man hits Gas Station guns blazing. I decide that I can wait it out....

They run straight over. Post at both doors and then erase me...

Similar issues each time I try and run missions at night. Play stealth and PMC's just run straight at my position, throwing grenades and firing directly into the brush.

There has to be something more that can be done. I just started playing toward the end of the last season. I noticed a few questionable kills, but nothing like the rampant BS over the last week. If they can't fix the issue the game will eventually die.

beddamischia
16 hours ago, Windowlick said:

I can second this thread. I'm brand new to this game, and I've been killed by cheaters more often than not so far. I had one guy blatantly use a kill command to kill me just a few minutes ago. I just died out of nowhere, the postgame screen said I took zero damage. I've never seen a game so densely populated with cheaters, I barely want to play anymore. Especially given that I have very little money or resources to get any decent gear. 

If you're brand new to this game then there is just no way in which you could recognize a cheater. There are so many things that could happen, intended or not, that you can't know for sure. For example you could have died of dehydration, or by stepping upon a landmine. 

Not saying there aren't any hacks, on the contrary, just that you wouldn't recognize them. 6 months or 1 year from now, maybe. But now I suggest you maybe find a sherpa or a friend that will guide you through until you get a sense of how to survive on your own. 

Edited by beddamischia
untagatnu
4 hours ago, beddamischia said:

If you're brand new to this game then there is just no way in which you could recognize a cheater. There are so many things that could happen, intended or not, that you can't know for sure. For example you could have died of dehydration, or by stepping upon a landmine. 

So if a person is brand new to EFT... he is unlikely to recognize the cheaters on this video? :| Pretty sure we are talking about this post, these videos. 

I do understand what you are trying to say... if a cheater is not blatant... if he is using a trigger bot and/or radar/esp it will be increadibly difficult to say he is cheating... heck he might look like a good player. Which is true.

beddamischia
29 minutes ago, untagatnu said:

So if a person is brand new to EFT... he is unlikely to recognize the cheaters on this video? :| Pretty sure we are talking about this post, these videos. 

I do understand what you are trying to say... if a cheater is not blatant... if he is using a trigger bot and/or radar/esp it will be increadibly difficult to say he is cheating... heck he might look like a good player. Which is true.

Yes, that, and also a lot of dynamics are very counter intuitive and could be misdiagnosed as cheating. 

This is the perfect example because: THERE ARE NO CHEATERS ON THIS VIDEO.

Godmode is not a possible cheat since at least 2 years. Why? Because death, hit-reg and health are managed server-side, while hacks can obviously only exploits client side stuff like players positions or aiming. What you are seeing is just plain desync, happens with bots too, just not that often. 

Edited by beddamischia
  • Sad 1
Xeraphas
14 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

When a player is flagged as a cheater.

They should be placed into matches that only comprise of other caught cheaters. They have access to the flea-market but have a 101% fee (Or it would work, but only other cheaters could purchase them. That or they never appear for other players at all.)

If they want to keep playing with cheats, it will be against others with the same "Skills".

yeah but this is only a good system for confirmed cheaters and not fair to people who got a lucky headshot super fast and get reported and if someone is a confirmed cheater they just get banned...

phillyr98rr

Theres cheaters on every game. But I did notice that one time on interchange there was a very obvious cheater cheating. Headshot all of us in the same part eyes. We reported him and he didn't level up once when I searched his username up.

Evilwayz
19 hours ago, untagatnu said:

You shooting at the cheater... meanwhile... he is like this:

hacker hacking GIF

Sadly, there is no way to report that directly. I mean... BSG could check the game room code on the bottom left and find out... 

I think the biggest thing lacking now is ban advertisement. Like R6:S does it. You know... a banner where it says X was banned. AND/OR some sort of follow-up after a hack accusation / report. Just so that people can see the system is working.

A more drastic solution could be to take down the market completely.

No market = no supply = no demand = no RMT websites (you just saw an RMT hacker. He's invincible and looting because all he cares about are the roubles).

That can give some relieve for RMT hackers, but not for PVP hackers. You know the type... the ones that use radar / esp / wallhacks / trigger bots / aim bots ... etc.

That actually isn't true. He didn't kill him because if killed him he could report him. The only way you can report someone is if they shoot and kill you. So if you simply do not kill anyone then nobody can report you and there is no way to see the persons name. There should be an in game report keybind. 

I do not code games, but maybe make it so it sends in the names of anyone in your field of view or within a certain perimeter. I do not know, but it is an idea to catch players that refuse to kill anyone.

untagatnu
5 hours ago, Evilwayz said:

That actually isn't true. He didn't kill him because if killed him he could report him. The only way you can report someone is if they shoot and kill you. So if you simply do not kill anyone then nobody can report you and there is no way to see the persons name. There should be an in game report keybind. 

I do not code games, but maybe make it so it sends in the names of anyone in your field of view or within a certain perimeter. I do not know, but it is an idea to catch players that refuse to kill anyone.

huh... okay... re read what you wrote... re read what I wrote... You literally stated the obvious 

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

King_Kiff

What can we do?

Do nothing but but baked hatchet runs until BSG gets their act together and drops their population down again. 

• Like 1
MylesE

We are asking everyone to discuss cheating inside of this cheating mega-thread. 

Please continue your conversations here. 

#locked

• Sad 1