Spawns Please explain...

Grumble_

I can wait for ....(waiting for players) on any map and then as soon as I spawn I either kill or be killed.... with in 2mins of the game starting EFT is F**ked again.

Every wipe is the same you host a drops event the servers can't handle it.. 

Players leave... 

Part 2 still to many players for the S**T servers lets put everyone in the same area..... 

With the Money BST are getting every year Why haven't the servers or the spawns got better on ANY MAP....... The new woods I run into a player with in 1min..........HOW!!!!!!!!

FIX THE GAME!!!

Moriibund

Spawns are garbage, I feel like there is no AI placement and it's 100% rng, meaning you can get a game where every player have spawns next to each other while the other side of the map is empty. This needs to be fixed, players should be evenly distributed throughout the map, and if it is an issue with a lot of solo players taking up spawns, lower the player count for solo's vs squads.

untagatnu
5 hours ago, Grumble_ said:

I can wait for ....(waiting for players) on any map and then as soon as I spawn I either kill or be killed.... with in 2mins of the game starting EFT is F**ked again.

Every wipe is the same you host a drops event the servers can't handle it.. 

Players leave... 

Part 2 still to many players for the S**T servers lets put everyone in the same area..... 

With the Money BST are getting every year Why haven't the servers or the spawns got better on ANY MAP....... The new woods I run into a player with in 1min..........HOW!!!!!!!!

FIX THE GAME!!!

=

jim carrey idk GIF

Nice rant. I'm literally unable to understand it sooo I guess the title?

"Spawns Please explain..."

Okay. Spawn points are hard baked into the maps. As any coder will tell you when you fix something you also have a chance of breaking something... That means most coders once they have something working they don't go back to it. Specially, if they have a ton of work to-do. So they made a map, placed the spawns, it all worked, so they moved on to the next task at hand. Don't expect any changes to spawn points unless they are reworking the map or have completed their large to-do list.

It also makes sense... why fiddle around 1 minute detail and fuzz about it until its perfectly pleasing to everyone... when about 60% of the game is still in the works. 

Another way of looking at this is PMC levels / mastery ranks. Some PMC's got to lvl 40 within a couple of days from the wipe... So they can run faster, jump higher, last longer... so they can rush your spawn point. As they should. As we do on every competitive FPS game that has spawn points. Heck we've been doing that since quake.

Can spawn points be further away? is that the question / topic? If so... then I think you have to talk to Nikkita. 

Edited by untagatnu
  • Sad 1
MarcBorgia

I get not reworking the entire spawn system but it just seems weird you can spawn in as a squad and the next spawn over has another group. Seems like it wouldnt take too much for the spawns to either place all players at one spawn point and that eliminates the number of spawn points on either side or just spawn players in the normal spawn points but teams are just automatically placed at the spawns surrounding each other. Sorry if that doesnt make alot of sense, sounds weird when i read it.

Asianhotsauce

I personally would just implement a spawning system where you get to pick where you are inserting from the map.

Take woods for example: What if there is a choice between spawning (from a boat) near the lake, crashed on a plane and mountains.

This would make the random spawning kills solution to be shifted to the players as they are the ones to choose. So your life depends on the choices you made just like IRL. 

The problem is that everyone just don't team up to eliminate the scav and the scav bosses but rather shoot at anything that made noise.

There should be a PvP/PvE mode selection.