how bad is the hacking issue at 0.12.9.10519?

ElBirdu

Hello everyone

this is basically my 3rd day of playing so i don't want to jump into conclusions, i was playing at customs and, i am not so sure about naming scheme but according to a map i was at a warehouse west of the map (the only one, and it's red from outside), i was running from a player and went to the second floor, then i lowered my speed with the mouse wheel to not make my self too obvious sound wise and kept moving,  and i got headshot-ed through the metal sheet wall.

is it common placement to shot ? or is it possible to be heard  even at the lowest walking speed? or a walling?

5CIENCE

The warehouse you've been in is usually referred to as "Big Red".

Cheating is very common at the moment.

Your steps can be heard, if you walk slowly. If you crouch and walk as slow as possible, they're almost inaudible, unless someone is using a headset. Most headsets can pick up even the slightest noise, even sneaking while crouched. But if you walk slowly, it's still much louder than slow movement while crouched. Still, walking is pretty quiet and won't be heard further than I'd say 20 meters, depending on the underground you walk on.
Wood and metal are very loud, asphalt, stone and water are loud, grass is less loud.

Some ammo varities of some calibers can penetrate certain walls. But to get headshotted through a wall like this is highly unlikely, if it wasn't a cheater. But since you just started out, I wouldn't be too sure you knew exactly where it was coming from.
If you walk slowly, you're obviously a very easy target. Could have been a shooter who shot from inside and the metal you heard was the bullet hitting the wall after penetrating your head. Of course, a cheater from outside could also be possible.

Were you inside the cabin upstairs or were you up on the metal floors? Are you sure the shooter was outside of the building?

ElBirdu
18 hours ago, 5CIENCE said:

The warehouse you've been in is usually referred to as "Big Red".

Cheating is very common at the moment.

Your steps can be heard, if you walk slowly. If you crouch and walk as slow as possible, they're almost inaudible, unless someone is using a headset. Most headsets can pick up even the slightest noise, even sneaking while crouched. But if you walk slowly, it's still much louder than slow movement while crouched. Still, walking is pretty quiet and won't be heard further than I'd say 20 meters, depending on the underground you walk on.
Wood and metal are very loud, asphalt, stone and water are loud, grass is less loud.

Some ammo varities of some calibers can penetrate certain walls. But to get headshotted through a wall like this is highly unlikely, if it wasn't a cheater. But since you just started out, I wouldn't be too sure you knew exactly where it was coming from.
If you walk slowly, you're obviously a very easy target. Could have been a shooter who shot from inside and the metal you heard was the bullet hitting the wall after penetrating your head. Of course, a cheater from outside could also be possible.

Were you inside the cabin upstairs or were you up on the metal floors? Are you sure the shooter was outside of the building?

Thanks for the detailed answer, it clarified lots of in-game details.

to help visualize the action ( the red represents me and the yellow represents the enemy i saw).
I was running since i heard gun shots, and once i entered i stopped for a moment to look where he is (my position was at the big red dot and he was roughly at the yellow circle position), then i ran towards the stairs and crouched all the way up, then i lowered my speed till i reached the corner( the red circle seen in picture ),then i heard a gun shot striking metal ,i kept circling with about the lowest speed crouched,  noticed that he might be routing to the north door of the "Big Red" so i aimed there, yet it didn't seem possible for him to route that fast, i heard two gun shots, one flared right in front of me the second was a dead on headshot.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 173322.png- map imparted from gamepedia.com for EFT, then trimmed and post marked

Edited by ElBirdu