Footwear slot

I think different types of footwear would be a cool thing to implement and would lead to a lot of different play styles.

Some examples of things I'd like to see:
By default you'd just have the normal boots you have on now.
An option to take off footwear completely and go barefoot. Going barefoot would let you move faster and be quieter, but your legs would slowly take damage over time. 
Footwear that gives you more speed, but is louder.
Footwear that is quieter, but slower.
Footwear that is all-around better than default footwear. 
Etc, etc. 

• Like 2
H4zeMnesia

I think this could be a good idea, with like example, sport shoes, quieter, faster but high risk to damage your ankle if you jump to high, etc..

+1.

Edited by H4zeMnesia
1 minute ago, H4zeMnesia said:

I think this could be a good idea, with like example, sport shoes, quieter, faster but high risk to damage your ankle if you jump to high, etc..

+1.

I think for this idea to really work they'd need to separate feet and legs into different damage areas, so if you use worse shoes your feet get damaged and not your legs. I like the idea of some shoes making you take more fall damage or giving you a higher risk of injury. 

Samurai_Mac

Foot ergonomics incoming. 🤣

This is a good idea. Would love to see something like this make it into game. It would add a whole new level of customization and depth to the clothing as well.

Mythic ninja-to for dead silence like perk. 🤣

... Please no total silence on movement. 😑

king113

Sorry i dont like this idea , hate me if you want , but i see this as new thing that will give disadvantage to new players 

szafir1978

good idea, prada or lacoste shoes to be unlocked at 50 lvl. additionally: many companies could advertise in tarkov🤣

H4zeMnesia
8 hours ago, king113 said:

Sorry i dont like this idea , hate me if you want , but i see this as new thing that will give disadvantage to new players 

Can you explain how mate please?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 7:30 AM, king113 said:

Mate we're talking about Escape from Tarkov, the ENTIRE GAME isn't friendly to new players. Adding a footwear slot isn't going to make it more or less friendly to new players. 

NerdCoreTV
Am 25.1.2021 um 00:30 schrieb king113:

no one cares about new- or casual-players. this whole game is designed to please the streamer-community or people who grind this game 4-7h a day. you can see that with recent fuel-shortage changes very clearly. people who play only in the evening have to buy fuel for around 600k. that said: no one really cares for the casual player. that wont matter, if you have a running bitcoinfarm as long as the BC are connected to the real-price. anyway btt:

i dont like this idea, in PUBG f. e. nearly no one was wearing shoes, because the sound was less loud, but on the other hand, the sound in this game is so off charts .. idc :D

p4nnus

How loud the noise coming from you walking or running is more about how you do it and on what kind of surface, than the shoes your doing it with. We have the skill and surface differences simulating that perfectly well. OFC the whole sound system is gonna see a lot of revamps etc, but in theory what we have is totally enough, once everything is working properly.

We simply dont need this feature. Operators dont wear sneakers.