Jump to content

Tarkov from a completely new players perspective.


Recommended Posts

Spinal44

Okay so to start my buddy and I picked this game up just the other day. Im no stranger to BR type games or mil-sims having over 700 hours in Hunt Showdown, and around 2-300 in Arma 2 and 3. When I loaded in and had him explain about checking the shops I was ecstatic. I need to start with I love the gun system in this game, all the customization is amazing. Though I can see how non gun nuts may be turned off by this I find its the reason I kept logging in after what was to come.

We admittedly failed ourselves at first by not looking up guides, we were used to Hunt Showdown where you hit M a map comes up with extract points listed. Got in hit M no map, okay hit o to pull up the timer, plenty of time check the controls, checked online you have to buy the maps......for 15-30k......in a game where you die and lose your gear. This prompts people to pull up a third party app to use their map. Everyone Ive talked to says just load up a map online. Okay why the in game map then? If your player base decides to go around your decision to another choice then you have made a bad choice. I keep my knife when I die, I keep my box when I die so why not just give me a map that opens when I hit M, no muss no fuss. This alone would have alleviated most of our frustrations. Im not even asking for some fancy GPS map like hunt, a paper map so we can put some land nav skills to the test. Then add an expensive lose-able GPS for the players that want it.

After we got maps pulled up, and memorized factory, customs, and at least 50% of forest (I was apparently using an old map that had the direction flipped lol) we then we able to get to the extract but still didnt know what to do. Again ill take this one on the chin, we were going to call a Sherpa when there's what like 17 English Sherpas listed on the forums? We have jobs so we play at odd times. I decided to actually learn wtf to do, so I pulled up the join clan forum and found a clan there, got a dude to play with, think he was a bit too serious but he at least showed me and explained to me what im doing.... at least between all the "BROOO YOURE TOO LOUD BROO BROOO STOP MOVING BROO". Mind you I had figured out the movement speed system v loudness and was at the lowest tick but still just spinning with no (covert movement?) skill it was like I was shouting our position to him.

This leads into the next frustration, the in game skill system and the games matchmaking system. I dont know if there is a skill based matchmaking system in tarkov if there is it needs to be taken out back shot and a new one adopted from the pet store. I spent probably close to 30 hours in the game so far, only getting to level 6. The highest skill level I got to was 3 for like Endurance? I dont know what max is but the benefits from these are ridiculously needed. Were supposed to be PMCs why are we not maxed in this already. If you are a PMC and your team gets ambushed and killed unless you are an extremely lucky greenhorn your ass is grass (Tarkov lore people feel free to correct me on this im PRETTY sure thats the story behind your character). Just looking through these abilities, Vitality the ability to take more shots why? As it stands now as a beginning PMC you have 3 AC 2 vests, and you WILL be matched up against players running around in full kit. 100 damage to them 300 to their armor and they 1 yes 1 tap you, Why? 

We scored kills for sure plenty of scavs and probably enough PMCs to count on 1 hand, but we cannot extract when Johnny dingleberry and his buddy in full kit decimate the entire map with whatever HE, DU, boattail whatever ducking rounds the max rep players can get, you know the ones most of you are using to 1 tap hatchlings, scavs, newbies, then taking their stuff. We ended up running out of cash so bad and having such a losing streak with scavs due to PMCs we reset our characters to try over with our lessons learned. After the reset, we did great merced about 5 scavs, loaded up alot of nice gear then held up in the gas station for the extract to pop. Kitted solo player sprints up pops my buddy in the face with a flashlight then 1 tap to the head kills him. I open the door and mag dump him on full auto aks-74  5.45, he turns 2 taps me, fun. We tried again, he took out his Sv-98 from the higher tier preorder, I grabbed another AKS-74. We ran woods for the Jaeger unlock. Spawned in up on a high rock, immediately spotted a player running in the open, he put 2 7.62r rounds in him confirmed by the after match screen, I put 2 hits on him while he was running. He was below us, buddy crawls up sights him up and gets domed, he alt f4'd he was so pissed. I flicked to full auto as the dude sprinted up to us. I ran up aimed about where his boots last fell from the sound. Watched him look up shoot miss, turn sprint away as I was mag-dumping him, get 7 feet turn snap shot me right in the head. 

I see why so many people try tarkov and never come back. I dont want this game to be a dumbed down COD clone. But I dont see why we need to lock the GOOD rounds the ONLY thing that will put new players on the same level as old players behind higher reps. Remember I ran out of money before I hit level 7 the next tier is at 10 for peacemaker, cant tell for jaeger as of right now dont have him unlocked. Either add the round to the vendors or give the market at 5. If I have to then start paying for treatment after matches I should be able to use the market to sell/buy goods. I read the guides, insure your gear, insure your gear its worth it! No its not because you load in all the good players will take your gear after you are dead. MAYBE if you ensure an sks MAYBE they wont bother with it, but that wasnt even the case with my mosin carbine I looted from scav runs.

So when you inevitably get sniped from 200 yards with an AK in the head from a fully kitted player you lose, Vest ~ 20k+, rig ~ 10k cheapest I found was the bank robber from ragman, Gun ~6k+ for a Makarov (which go in with just that and all the scavs come after you and kill you because you CANNOT kill them as they are ducking terminators and take an anti tank rifle to kill), Meds ~ couple k these arnt bad to get in match either, or make out with a bunch to spare from scav matches. Helmet ~8k for a piece of poo that is nothing more than an actual ballistic helmet, just there to make you feel more confident for the most part. Then about 7-10k for treatment after a match you died in if you don't use your own stock. Then add in whatever you paid for insurance, hope it wasnt much and hope it was just that army bag and shitty chest-rig. Seriously for new players this is just kicking them while they are down. I could forgive this if I was matched against ONLY ~a few level difference or KD difference and no moronic terminator bots in a game toting itself as realistic.

Side note the worst mistake I made was buying an SA-58, love it IRL any game with one I get on. Kitted it out, couldn't fold the stock literally called "FOLDING STOCK" - 0/10 games unplayable, Seriously though comments about this have been made since 2019 that I could find, figured it may have been like the AKS74u rubber stock pad I found that prevents it from folding when its on, nope just doesn't fold.

I understand this game is in beta and at least to him hes not playing anymore until it is not. I figure just give everyone a map nothing fancy just the maps built in, unsellable, make it a second or two to pull out and check. Fix the matchmaking, give people the market, or add the good rounds to vendors without rep requirements so we have a chance. Remove terminator AI, they have junk poo gear they shouldn't be so hard targets. Maybe put in a tutorial for a first time player, offline that runs with a bot scav who saves you from the ambush (again lore people correct me) who explains the systems to you, you loot a pistol or something check the mag, sneak around a patrol, kill some other scavs, and most importantly, extract, what to look for (Green flares and glowsticks) timers, red named extracts, then tell plays to find the Sherpas for more advance help.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurch_454

This ^^ right here. LV.3, 50 raids in, and nothing to show for it. Have to pay for treatment, and no money coming in because of the crummy spawns, meta players, lousy net code, and my favorite, hackers.

  • Like 1
  • Hot 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricky-LaFleur

These kind of complaints really show how much people love this game. All of this rings true though...new players get ducking destroyed..i have close to 300 hours played in this game and almost EVERY single match i load in and i come out of looting anyone or anything im being camped by someone and get 2 tapped. This is something i cannot avoid no matter how quiet i try to be. Oh sorry your covert movement skill is too low so you sound like you're smashing that filing cabinet with a hammer when you search for your gas analyzer that you can't find after 200 raids.

The skill RPG gap is insane with higher players

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mahanamatashi

I've tried over the past few months to make headway in this game, but no luck.  Escape to Tarkov is a great game and I enjoy playing it.  The problem is 99% of the players aren't playing it.  They insist on playing some bastardised Battle Royale game.

Tarkov is 'Get in, Get Loot, Get out'.  It isn't arm yourself up so that you take on the entire US armed forces solo, then get in and murder everyone else on the map, then find a room and sit in it for 40 minutes until some fool dares open a door and then drop them with one shot (or headshot them from the moon or gangbang them to death with friends).

Make an option for those of us who actually want to play EFT.  Two modes: keep the current 'EFT' for those who want it; then turn the offline mode into single player/invite click here to play actual EFT.

Until then, the game wins and I'm out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Overkill_Reaper
5 hours ago, Spinal44 said:

Okay so to start my buddy and I picked this game up just the other day. Im no stranger to BR type games or mil-sims having over 700 hours in Hunt Showdown, and around 2-300 in Arma 2 and 3. When I loaded in and had him explain about checking the shops I was ecstatic. I need to start with I love the gun system in this game, all the customization is amazing. Though I can see how non gun nuts may be turned off by this I find its the reason I kept logging in after what was to come.

We admittedly failed ourselves at first by not looking up guides, we were used to Hunt Showdown where you hit M a map comes up with extract points listed. Got in hit M no map, okay hit o to pull up the timer, plenty of time check the controls, checked online you have to buy the maps......for 15-30k......in a game where you die and lose your gear. This prompts people to pull up a third party app to use their map. Everyone Ive talked to says just load up a map online. Okay why the in game map then? If your player base decides to go around your decision to another choice then you have made a bad choice. I keep my knife when I die, I keep my box when I die so why not just give me a map that opens when I hit M, no muss no fuss. This alone would have alleviated most of our frustrations. Im not even asking for some fancy GPS map like hunt, a paper map so we can put some land nav skills to the test. Then add an expensive lose-able GPS for the players that want it.

After we got maps pulled up, and memorized factory, customs, and at least 50% of forest (I was apparently using an old map that had the direction flipped lol) we then we able to get to the extract but still didnt know what to do. Again ill take this one on the chin, we were going to call a Sherpa when there's what like 17 English Sherpas listed on the forums? We have jobs so we play at odd times. I decided to actually learn wtf to do, so I pulled up the join clan forum and found a clan there, got a dude to play with, think he was a bit too serious but he at least showed me and explained to me what im doing.... at least between all the "BROOO YOURE TOO LOUD BROO BROOO STOP MOVING BROO". Mind you I had figured out the movement speed system v loudness and was at the lowest tick but still just spinning with no (covert movement?) skill it was like I was shouting our position to him.

This leads into the next frustration, the in game skill system and the games matchmaking system. I dont know if there is a skill based matchmaking system in tarkov if there is it needs to be taken out back shot and a new one adopted from the pet store. I spent probably close to 30 hours in the game so far, only getting to level 6. The highest skill level I got to was 3 for like Endurance? I dont know what max is but the benefits from these are ridiculously needed. Were supposed to be PMCs why are we not maxed in this already. If you are a PMC and your team gets ambushed and killed unless you are an extremely lucky greenhorn your ass is grass (Tarkov lore people feel free to correct me on this im PRETTY sure thats the story behind your character). Just looking through these abilities, Vitality the ability to take more shots why? As it stands now as a beginning PMC you have 3 AC 2 vests, and you WILL be matched up against players running around in full kit. 100 damage to them 300 to their armor and they 1 yes 1 tap you, Why? 

We scored kills for sure plenty of scavs and probably enough PMCs to count on 1 hand, but we cannot extract when Johnny dingleberry and his buddy in full kit decimate the entire map with whatever HE, DU, boattail whatever ducking rounds the max rep players can get, you know the ones most of you are using to 1 tap hatchlings, scavs, newbies, then taking their stuff. We ended up running out of cash so bad and having such a losing streak with scavs due to PMCs we reset our characters to try over with our lessons learned. After the reset, we did great merced about 5 scavs, loaded up alot of nice gear then held up in the gas station for the extract to pop. Kitted solo player sprints up pops my buddy in the face with a flashlight then 1 tap to the head kills him. I open the door and mag dump him on full auto aks-74  5.45, he turns 2 taps me, fun. We tried again, he took out his Sv-98 from the higher tier preorder, I grabbed another AKS-74. We ran woods for the Jaeger unlock. Spawned in up on a high rock, immediately spotted a player running in the open, he put 2 7.62r rounds in him confirmed by the after match screen, I put 2 hits on him while he was running. He was below us, buddy crawls up sights him up and gets domed, he alt f4'd he was so pissed. I flicked to full auto as the dude sprinted up to us. I ran up aimed about where his boots last fell from the sound. Watched him look up shoot miss, turn sprint away as I was mag-dumping him, get 7 feet turn snap shot me right in the head. 

I see why so many people try tarkov and never come back. I dont want this game to be a dumbed down COD clone. But I dont see why we need to lock the GOOD rounds the ONLY thing that will put new players on the same level as old players behind higher reps. Remember I ran out of money before I hit level 7 the next tier is at 10 for peacemaker, cant tell for jaeger as of right now dont have him unlocked. Either add the round to the vendors or give the market at 5. If I have to then start paying for treatment after matches I should be able to use the market to sell/buy goods. I read the guides, insure your gear, insure your gear its worth it! No its not because you load in all the good players will take your gear after you are dead. MAYBE if you ensure an sks MAYBE they wont bother with it, but that wasnt even the case with my mosin carbine I looted from scav runs.

So when you inevitably get sniped from 200 yards with an AK in the head from a fully kitted player you lose, Vest ~ 20k+, rig ~ 10k cheapest I found was the bank robber from ragman, Gun ~6k+ for a Makarov (which go in with just that and all the scavs come after you and kill you because you CANNOT kill them as they are ducking terminators and take an anti tank rifle to kill), Meds ~ couple k these arnt bad to get in match either, or make out with a bunch to spare from scav matches. Helmet ~8k for a piece of poo that is nothing more than an actual ballistic helmet, just there to make you feel more confident for the most part. Then about 7-10k for treatment after a match you died in if you don't use your own stock. Then add in whatever you paid for insurance, hope it wasnt much and hope it was just that army bag and shitty chest-rig. Seriously for new players this is just kicking them while they are down. I could forgive this if I was matched against ONLY ~a few level difference or KD difference and no moronic terminator bots in a game toting itself as realistic.

Side note the worst mistake I made was buying an SA-58, love it IRL any game with one I get on. Kitted it out, couldn't fold the stock literally called "FOLDING STOCK" - 0/10 games unplayable, Seriously though comments about this have been made since 2019 that I could find, figured it may have been like the AKS74u rubber stock pad I found that prevents it from folding when its on, nope just doesn't fold.

I understand this game is in beta and at least to him hes not playing anymore until it is not. I figure just give everyone a map nothing fancy just the maps built in, unsellable, make it a second or two to pull out and check. Fix the matchmaking, give people the market, or add the good rounds to vendors without rep requirements so we have a chance. Remove terminator AI, they have junk poo gear they shouldn't be so hard targets. Maybe put in a tutorial for a first time player, offline that runs with a bot scav who saves you from the ambush (again lore people correct me) who explains the systems to you, you loot a pistol or something check the mag, sneak around a patrol, kill some other scavs, and most importantly, extract, what to look for (Green flares and glowsticks) timers, red named extracts, then tell plays to find the Sherpas for more advance help.

 

Welcome to Tarkov. Barley any quality of life features, flea market is stupid, current skills system is incredibly stupid, and the over abundance/ease of access of AP ammo eventually renders most armors basically useless. 

If you’re a new player, just be prepared to get destroyed by no lifers for a good amount of raids before you get the hang of the game. Luckily for everyone, this isn’t how the fully released game is going to play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tarkov yesterday and today:

- no face hitbox - unkillable vs players without proper ammo

- no looting just killing for money

- no flea - so  you know...

- no eating - zzzzzzzzzzzz

- no healing animations - better gameplay imho

- no weight system - killing players more rewarding

- smaller maps

list can go on and on and thrust me this game now is almost in casual mode

I missing old times but it is what it is...

GL HF

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GlomeRoaming
7 minutes ago, OkruT said:

Tarkov yesterday and today:

- no face hitbox - unkillable vs players without proper ammo

- no looting just killing for money

- no flea - so  you know...

- no eating - zzzzzzzzzzzz

- no healing animations - better gameplay imho

- no weight system - killing players more rewarding

- smaller maps

list can go on and on and thrust me this game now is almost in casual mode

I missing old times but it is what it is...

GL HF

 

 

 

lol so your yesterday is a generic fps deathmatch yet eft is more casual now? lmao

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisragnar

Man tarkov, the game where people write an assay about the game after playing it for less than 5 hours

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My first wipe 25% survival, the second 39% and this wipe 50%

 

The learning curve is so hard but when you know the mechanics and maps is very fun to play.

 

For new players would be good auto-free insured loot until level 10.

For this game is necessary download maps from wiki tarkov and see a lot of videos if you want to play.

 

If you dont do that you will die 90% of times and you will unistall fast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
opiat3
20 hours ago, Spinal44 said:

Okay so to start my buddy and I picked this game up just the other day. Im no stranger to BR type games or mil-sims having over 700 hours in Hunt Showdown, and around 2-300 in Arma 2 and 3. When I loaded in and had him explain about checking the shops I was ecstatic. I need to start with I love the gun system in this game, all the customization is amazing. Though I can see how non gun nuts may be turned off by this I find its the reason I kept logging in after what was to come.

We admittedly failed ourselves at first by not looking up guides, we were used to Hunt Showdown where you hit M a map comes up with extract points listed. Got in hit M no map, okay hit o to pull up the timer, plenty of time check the controls, checked online you have to buy the maps......for 15-30k......in a game where you die and lose your gear. This prompts people to pull up a third party app to use their map. Everyone Ive talked to says just load up a map online. Okay why the in game map then? If your player base decides to go around your decision to another choice then you have made a bad choice. I keep my knife when I die, I keep my box when I die so why not just give me a map that opens when I hit M, no muss no fuss. This alone would have alleviated most of our frustrations. Im not even asking for some fancy GPS map like hunt, a paper map so we can put some land nav skills to the test. Then add an expensive lose-able GPS for the players that want it.

After we got maps pulled up, and memorized factory, customs, and at least 50% of forest (I was apparently using an old map that had the direction flipped lol) we then we able to get to the extract but still didnt know what to do. Again ill take this one on the chin, we were going to call a Sherpa when there's what like 17 English Sherpas listed on the forums? We have jobs so we play at odd times. I decided to actually learn wtf to do, so I pulled up the join clan forum and found a clan there, got a dude to play with, think he was a bit too serious but he at least showed me and explained to me what im doing.... at least between all the "BROOO YOURE TOO LOUD BROO BROOO STOP MOVING BROO". Mind you I had figured out the movement speed system v loudness and was at the lowest tick but still just spinning with no (covert movement?) skill it was like I was shouting our position to him.

This leads into the next frustration, the in game skill system and the games matchmaking system. I dont know if there is a skill based matchmaking system in tarkov if there is it needs to be taken out back shot and a new one adopted from the pet store. I spent probably close to 30 hours in the game so far, only getting to level 6. The highest skill level I got to was 3 for like Endurance? I dont know what max is but the benefits from these are ridiculously needed. Were supposed to be PMCs why are we not maxed in this already. If you are a PMC and your team gets ambushed and killed unless you are an extremely lucky greenhorn your ass is grass (Tarkov lore people feel free to correct me on this im PRETTY sure thats the story behind your character). Just looking through these abilities, Vitality the ability to take more shots why? As it stands now as a beginning PMC you have 3 AC 2 vests, and you WILL be matched up against players running around in full kit. 100 damage to them 300 to their armor and they 1 yes 1 tap you, Why? 

We scored kills for sure plenty of scavs and probably enough PMCs to count on 1 hand, but we cannot extract when Johnny dingleberry and his buddy in full kit decimate the entire map with whatever HE, DU, boattail whatever ducking rounds the max rep players can get, you know the ones most of you are using to 1 tap hatchlings, scavs, newbies, then taking their stuff. We ended up running out of cash so bad and having such a losing streak with scavs due to PMCs we reset our characters to try over with our lessons learned. After the reset, we did great merced about 5 scavs, loaded up alot of nice gear then held up in the gas station for the extract to pop. Kitted solo player sprints up pops my buddy in the face with a flashlight then 1 tap to the head kills him. I open the door and mag dump him on full auto aks-74  5.45, he turns 2 taps me, fun. We tried again, he took out his Sv-98 from the higher tier preorder, I grabbed another AKS-74. We ran woods for the Jaeger unlock. Spawned in up on a high rock, immediately spotted a player running in the open, he put 2 7.62r rounds in him confirmed by the after match screen, I put 2 hits on him while he was running. He was below us, buddy crawls up sights him up and gets domed, he alt f4'd he was so pissed. I flicked to full auto as the dude sprinted up to us. I ran up aimed about where his boots last fell from the sound. Watched him look up shoot miss, turn sprint away as I was mag-dumping him, get 7 feet turn snap shot me right in the head. 

I see why so many people try tarkov and never come back. I dont want this game to be a dumbed down COD clone. But I dont see why we need to lock the GOOD rounds the ONLY thing that will put new players on the same level as old players behind higher reps. Remember I ran out of money before I hit level 7 the next tier is at 10 for peacemaker, cant tell for jaeger as of right now dont have him unlocked. Either add the round to the vendors or give the market at 5. If I have to then start paying for treatment after matches I should be able to use the market to sell/buy goods. I read the guides, insure your gear, insure your gear its worth it! No its not because you load in all the good players will take your gear after you are dead. MAYBE if you ensure an sks MAYBE they wont bother with it, but that wasnt even the case with my mosin carbine I looted from scav runs.

So when you inevitably get sniped from 200 yards with an AK in the head from a fully kitted player you lose, Vest ~ 20k+, rig ~ 10k cheapest I found was the bank robber from ragman, Gun ~6k+ for a Makarov (which go in with just that and all the scavs come after you and kill you because you CANNOT kill them as they are ducking terminators and take an anti tank rifle to kill), Meds ~ couple k these arnt bad to get in match either, or make out with a bunch to spare from scav matches. Helmet ~8k for a piece of poo that is nothing more than an actual ballistic helmet, just there to make you feel more confident for the most part. Then about 7-10k for treatment after a match you died in if you don't use your own stock. Then add in whatever you paid for insurance, hope it wasnt much and hope it was just that army bag and shitty chest-rig. Seriously for new players this is just kicking them while they are down. I could forgive this if I was matched against ONLY ~a few level difference or KD difference and no moronic terminator bots in a game toting itself as realistic.

Side note the worst mistake I made was buying an SA-58, love it IRL any game with one I get on. Kitted it out, couldn't fold the stock literally called "FOLDING STOCK" - 0/10 games unplayable, Seriously though comments about this have been made since 2019 that I could find, figured it may have been like the AKS74u rubber stock pad I found that prevents it from folding when its on, nope just doesn't fold.

I understand this game is in beta and at least to him hes not playing anymore until it is not. I figure just give everyone a map nothing fancy just the maps built in, unsellable, make it a second or two to pull out and check. Fix the matchmaking, give people the market, or add the good rounds to vendors without rep requirements so we have a chance. Remove terminator AI, they have junk poo gear they shouldn't be so hard targets. Maybe put in a tutorial for a first time player, offline that runs with a bot scav who saves you from the ambush (again lore people correct me) who explains the systems to you, you loot a pistol or something check the mag, sneak around a patrol, kill some other scavs, and most importantly, extract, what to look for (Green flares and glowsticks) timers, red named extracts, then tell plays to find the Sherpas for more advance help.

 

Regarding the maps, you can buy the maps from therapist and if you dont want to loose it, place it on your secure container. ( it is up to you to decide if the map is worth the spot it is taking in the secure container, not the game )

Regarding the extracts, tutorial and whatnot... there is a thing called offline raid, where you can explore the maps and extracts with or without AI, and you could have used it to gain knowledge of all of that before entering an online raid without the risk of loosing gear and with the plus that you could get accustomed to the guns, movement sound and so on.

Now the matchmaking.

There is no gear or KD or lvl matchmaking and it is not intended to be implemented such thing. This is a Risk/Reward game , you can go in with almost nothing and leave with a full set of gear from a player you either killed or some bodies you come across ( plus the loot on the maps ) and have a massive profit, or, you can go in full chad and get one tapped by another player or a scav sometimes and loose it all.

To sum up , you say you don´t want a dumbed down COD  but proceed to ask for them to unlock all the ammo from lvl 1 , flea market from lvl 1, a leveled matchmaking and to remove AI?! Wow, imagine if you wanted this to be a dumbed down COD.

PS: Oh, Btw vendors and skills are an example of the RPG elements the game also describes itself besides a realistic shooter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSpud

This game is just not nearly half as much fun below level 10. I don't know why they lock the flea market under level 10 to be honest. What fun is there in finding rare stuff, but you've got to sell it at 1/10th of what it would sell on the flea market. 

As a new player you realy need to be dedicated to make it to level 10 without uninstalling the game before that. I get that after a wipe the experienced players only take a few hours to get to level 10, I think allot of players who might eventualy enjoy this game just uninstall and never look back idk.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spinal44
7 hours ago, opiat3 said:

Regarding the maps, you can buy the maps from therapist and if you dont want to loose it, place it on your secure container. ( it is up to you to decide if the map is worth the spot it is taking in the secure container, not the game )

Regarding the extracts, tutorial and whatnot... there is a thing called offline raid, where you can explore the maps and extracts with or without AI, and you could have used it to gain knowledge of all of that before entering an online raid without the risk of loosing gear and with the plus that you could get accustomed to the guns, movement sound and so on.

Now the matchmaking.

There is no gear or KD or lvl matchmaking and it is not intended to be implemented such thing. This is a Risk/Reward game , you can go in with almost nothing and leave with a full set of gear from a player you either killed or some bodies you come across ( plus the loot on the maps ) and have a massive profit, or, you can go in full chad and get one tapped by another player or a scav sometimes and loose it all.

To sum up , you say you don´t want a dumbed down COD  but proceed to ask for them to unlock all the ammo from lvl 1 , flea market from lvl 1, a leveled matchmaking and to remove AI?! Wow, imagine if you wanted this to be a dumbed down COD.

PS: Oh, Btw vendors and skills are an example of the RPG elements the game also describes itself besides a realistic shooter.

Yes take up 2 of the 4 slots in a small container of the only loot you will extract upon death for a map that again no one uses because of the better alternative, please refer the to the above.

Yes there's offline but if they don't tell you how to extract again you are running around a map blind trying to figure it out with no word unless you go out and watch guides or read these 50-70 page PDFs just tell people. If you again paid attention I said a guided offline match just to show you how they work then learn the map by running offline and you can still get smoked in 10 feet by the terminator AI on there if I'm spending hours trying to learn how to escape each extract its adding more time onto it with no reward and I'm just wasting time getting killed by bots. Granted this is pointless after the first time you extract and have it figured out hence why it was a suggested first time players thing this isn't going to kill your game.

Hunt Showdown is a risk reward game as well with working matchmaking. I would really like you to go into a match with t1 vendor gear the AC 2 vest, the Russian WW2 helmet and whatever bullets the T1 merchant sells. Try to kill a PMC that runs up on you it is impossible. Again you seem to have neglected the important points. I have NEVER killed a player with any higher armor than myself. Even when I ambush them, they turn after half a mag and 1 hit kill you. Either like I said allow lowbies to buy the SAME ammo they have that can penetrate the armor to allow them a chance of at least extracting with good gear as it stands now high gear players have been constantly camping high traffic areas or extracts, so both are off limits to a new player who cannot kill them.

How is asking for not poo ammo a dumbed down COD? No where did I say  give the market at level 1 I said 5 where you know you actually have to start paying for treatment, when debatably the learning phase is over. Removing AI? again you are showing you either cannot understand, willfully ignored criticism, or are so blinded by a game YOU are good at to see any changes to the formula that would allow others to challenge you. I NEVER said remove the AI I said make them not a terminator. I should not have to magdump am unarmored target while they can 3 shot me 50 yards away. Im not saying I should be able to 360 noscope headshot 1 tap a max geared player. Im saying if I initiate the ambush, if I magdump that target I should be able to win, not have him laugh off all my shots and 1 tap me. 

So to sum it up you spent a lot of money and time on the game, and I can respect that you have strong feelings about the balance of the game and that you dont want to feel like you have wasted your time and money by getting rolled by a new player because they have equal skill to you, but not the time to spend 1000+ hours on the game to level up in game skills. But not everyone is enticed to spend 150 dollars on the game and still not be able to have fun with it unless you started when everyone else did. All of my suggestions were either aimed at issues I have seen even seasoned vets complain about (Bot bullet sponge), or issues that do not effect you unless you are afraid of being killed by a player who only has 10 hours in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi new player here, Got to level 10 without any hitches. Most of the time I just run maps on offline mode and practice a routine to do task in offline mode and run them when I'm confident enough. I also try to memorize hidden cache location.

I don't know about your experience on the game but I spend most of my time ratting if I play solo and I have a 49% survival rate.

As for the money problem constantly running SCAVs playing it like a proper scavenger would really give you a decent amount of money.

Tbh if you want to get good at the game focus on learning how to survive first then kill later. Most of the time I spend running away from well kitted PMCs and sometimes I get lucky with a shot to the face or a grenade throw.

As a new player we really don't have the luxury to take fights with more skilled players or well kitted players.

Also try bringing in more people in your raids as most of the time numbers gives you better chances.

You'd be amaze at how much chance you have with well kitted players if you do the smart move in this game. Honestly a well placed grenade or even just shooting legs with mp5 is good enough.

The game is hard and scary as [email protected] but I find it fun.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chinjangs
13 hours ago, opiat3 said:

Regarding the maps, you can buy the maps from therapist and if you dont want to loose it, place it on your secure container. ( it is up to you to decide if the map is worth the spot it is taking in the secure container, not the game )

Regarding the extracts, tutorial and whatnot... there is a thing called offline raid, where you can explore the maps and extracts with or without AI, and you could have used it to gain knowledge of all of that before entering an online raid without the risk of loosing gear and with the plus that you could get accustomed to the guns, movement sound and so on.

Now the matchmaking.

There is no gear or KD or lvl matchmaking and it is not intended to be implemented such thing. This is a Risk/Reward game , you can go in with almost nothing and leave with a full set of gear from a player you either killed or some bodies you come across ( plus the loot on the maps ) and have a massive profit, or, you can go in full chad and get one tapped by another player or a scav sometimes and loose it all.

To sum up , you say you don´t want a dumbed down COD  but proceed to ask for them to unlock all the ammo from lvl 1 , flea market from lvl 1, a leveled matchmaking and to remove AI?! Wow, imagine if you wanted this to be a dumbed down COD.

PS: Oh, Btw vendors and skills are an example of the RPG elements the game also describes itself besides a realistic shooter.

Was about to say this, but to add on regarding the maps:
1. It is recommended if you REALLY want to use the in game map that you put it in a documents case so you can also put in keys and money you find along the way.

2. You can also press TAB and use the map option from the top to view the map in game.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
opiat3
10 hours ago, Spinal44 said:

again you are showing you either cannot understand, willfully ignored criticism, or are so blinded by a game YOU are good at to see any changes to the formula that would allow others to challenge you.

Well, at this point it is obvious that you are not interested in what anyone has to say about this... You just want what you think is best for you and your time playing the game. You are not willing to learn ( being the maps layouts, the ammo to use other then the top tier ammo ) you just want things changed to the way you would like for your convenience. ( for example the maps... you dont want to take a map with you cause it takes up 2 slots and also don´t want to bring it with you outside secure container because you loose it. but thats exactly the kind of choices Tarkov forces you to do, either with maps or gear or anything you looted. )

 For example, no one forces you to run arround looking for other pmcs at this lvl or forces you to engage them, its simply your choice to do so.

At last, you say asking for the best ammo isnt asking for a dumbed down COD... Well that is alos not true. What logic is there for a game with character progression to have the ammo that will go through lvl 5 and 6 armor class at lvl 1? Why would anyone want to progress long enough to be able to have that armor class just for any lvl1 player being able to have a ridiculous amounts of armor piercing rounds and a lower end weapon, make that armour class virtually useless?!

Like i said, you are not interested in anyone explaining you why you are having troubles with the game, you just want it changed to your preferences.

PS: OH , and also the argument that im so blinded by the game cause i just the formula that doesnt allow others to challenge me could not be more wrong. Im only lvl 17 atm, i cant play everyday and when i can i can only play 1 or 2 raids ( putting me in serious disadvantage compared to the majority of players ) I die a lot ( mainly in pvp encounters ) and still i never got broke and i have been able to progress with quest and hideout im starting to upgrade to lvl 3 now. ( so not that impossible to play even for the worst players as myself )

Link to post
Share on other sites
DAWNHAMMER

I'm brand new, all of the things you are complaining about are the things I and most enjoy from the game. I've just got to level 19, I have died and lost everything more than I care to admit and I probably have like a 25-30% survival rate. 

The thing that keeps me playing the game is the progression and knowing that I can continue to better myself as a player. I like the jump scares and knowing that if I don't keep my brain working I'm going to get destroyed and lose the gun/kit I've been working on for 2 days. It's been gratifying going from losing every single fight against a PMC, to slowly being able to kill a PMC every few matches, to now killing one every other match, and soon maybe killing 1 every match. This game FORCES you into uncomfortable situations with absolutely no aids and you either adapt and get better or you don't and uninstall.

Most of us are here because we enjoy the challenge. It sounds to me like Tarkov isn't the place for you, which is totally fine. But when people blast you for whining just know why that is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
behi09ma
On 1/24/2021 at 9:46 PM, Spinal44 said:

Okay so to start my buddy and I picked this game up just the other day.....

 

okay first of all i want to clear your mind with misunderstandings that you have got in your raids.

1.for sure there are maps for all the location, but people prefer to use the ones that are more detailed ones like the high loot areas, players spawns, stashes, extracts and .., so they don't use the ones that game offers with low details.(from the lore prespective, you as a pmc are lost in that area so you need to explore the map by yourself, but as you know people don't want to spend time for those kinda things and want a prepared meal from others) and if you want to use maps, buy it from therapist and place it in your container, if you have document case, maps can go in there and will not take space.

2.there is no matchmaking system and will not in the future. also there will not be a solo mode for more information. 

3.the skill system is not ok right now but its not the way that you explained. you can not eat bullets if you have higher skill at all. the cases that you explained, you and your friend have not hit the vital parts to get the kill.

let me explain a bit but you better learn your lessons from wiki. chest and head are the vital parts and if those 2 parts get to zero by the bullet dmg, it will be insta death, the other parts of your body, after getting to zero, the dmg to that part will cause dmg to all parts of your body. in your example, most likely you have hit his leg, then arm then thorax or chest and sth like that with low dmg bullets which couldnt kill the target. so this thing have nothing to do with skills at all. the skills just help you run faster, run more, jump more and these kinda things(there are too much of these you can read those by yourself)

oh and a tip, try to use semi auto mode on weapons till you get stupid meta builds on weapons like m4 and hk. no one can mag dump an AKS due to high recoil. im pretty sure you have not land more than 3 bullets with that 30 round mag on it. 

and the reason you die by one shot, is that you still wear low tier armor and people have access to high tier bullets so their bullet pass through your armor easily. don't forget that you can one shot them too with headshots no matter which bullet you have if they don'e wear visors.

3.we don't have tutorial for now cause you know the game is not complete yet.(as a matter of fact we are playing the game not from the start. i mean the game begins from the streets of tarkov which that map is not available yet, and from there you can access the other maps and traders. it means that in the future you will not have the access to play customs, woods or other maps at the start and you will not know any traders. traders will be a physical person inside the maps, and you need to go to specific location to trade with them. so in the future the game will not get easier, in the other hand it will get harder.) in the last wipes with newer players like you, people don't read what they purchase and they watch some stream and buy the game which cause these kinds of frustration for themselves and for the developers, because these players want to change the direction of the game, the way they got used to from other games like COD, PUBG, fortnite and other games. 

right now just look at the forum and reddit, people cry about everything, and they will cry more in the next patches for sure. so first of all get some research on the game that you have purchased and then give suggestions, that will be good for everyone.

4.you have so many problems but folding a SA-58 is not one of them trust me. what you wanna do with folding it??? the folding is usable just for looting and making less space in your bag.

like i said the learning curve is kinda hard, but if you are patient enough to learn the game instead of complaining you can have fun in this game. most of the complaints come from lack of information, just saying.

and welcome to tarkov

Link to post
Share on other sites
GlomeRoaming
On 1/25/2021 at 1:03 PM, chrisragnar said:

Man tarkov, the game where people write an assay about the game after playing it for less than 5 hours

heh, they even write paragraphs that are completely false. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...