People who invite for group and then kill should be penalized

FamouZPT

Is so stupid, im a solo player, and sometimes i wanna play in group, so i look for a group, i receive an invite, and after we start the game they just kill me...is so stupid...they should be penalized

• Like 3
Yeavo

Just to give you a heads up. You are most likely going to soon receive about a half a dozen "Tarkov experts" telling you how you should never trust random people in lobby and its your own damn fault for getting killed. Git gud and all that jazz.

I for one full heartedly agree with you. It should be penalized somehow. Or better yet you should be only able to get invites from people who are already in your friendslist. I believe in some non-gameplay related handholding even if it is "hardcore".

Edited by Yeavo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3
FamouZPT
6 minutes ago, Yeavo said:

Just to give you a heads up. You are most likely going to soon receive about a half a dozen "Tarkov experts" telling you how you should never trust random people in lobby and its your own damn fault for getting killed. Git gud and all that jazz.

I for one full heartedly agree with you. It should be penalized somehow. Or better yet you should be only able to get invites from people who are already in your friendslist. I believe in some non-gameplay related handholding even if it is "hardcore".

Agree with you man. And yes is my fault to accept those guys. But well sometimes i wanna play in group, but is impossible with random people...I was in customs and i found a group with 5..is just ridiculous..

Yeavo
Just now, FamouZPT said:

And yes is my fault to accept those guys. But well sometimes i wanna play in group, but is impossible with random people

Yes it was your fault but wanting to play in a group? That I think most people can understand, and those who can't.. well they are the types that weren't loved enough when they were kids.

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/forum/159-lfg/ There you have people looking for groups and then there is the EFT official discord LFG channels. I've heard good things about them.

• Like 1
Samurai_Mac

lThis is exactly why I don't group with randos... TRUST No one! 

You probably just need to get into a discord, and find some people who legitimately want to team up. 

That's what I might do. Best of Luck! 

Andrudis
1 hour ago, FamouZPT said:

Is so stupid, im a solo player, and sometimes i wanna play in group, so i look for a group, i receive an invite, and after we start the game they just kill me...is so stupid...they should be penalized

They will be penalized after Karma System will be added some time in future. For now all you can do is to look for group on discord or dedicated section of this forum - not 100% safe, but less chances for bad experience.

Also you should be able to see gear of your team before starting map (not sure if it was already added or just planned for future), so if you see someone suspicious like without backpack/helmet/rig/with handgun only - high changes he just plans to kill you after spawn and take yours.

Spectator6

To put it another way... 

If EFT could figure out how random invites could "work" in the game, that would be a HUGE win for the overall experience.

Whether it's penalties for killing, something to do with loot/progress being shared, teammate VOIP to ease comms, I'm not quite sure...

But again, if we could test a few mechanics, put'em through their paces, and arrive at a working solution that fits with the risk/reward of Tarkov while simultaneously allowing for explicit random invite "teams", I fully anticipate the game would take off.

So in that sense, yes, I fully echo @Yeavo's sentiments that I'm open for anything everything as a suggestion if it leads to a workable solution.

The real question is though, is BSG up for the challenge? Or are they done with the "heavy lifting" dev items and want to coast on their success?

GlomeRoaming

It's a legit playstyle.. exit camping and trolling solo's looking to group. Get gud.

Edited by GlomeRoaming
  • Sad 1
MarcBorgia

I get wanting to play with people, but tarkov is full of trolls and griefers. That said, tarkov is also impossible without comms. You have no idea who is on your team unless you can talk to them, and even then that doesnt always work haha been TKd and have TKd. Sure without comms you may be able to manage for the first 5-10 min but as soon as you run into combatants and need to get more thab 5 ft from eachother youd be completely clueless who is your partner and who isnt.

Mekismo

This should apply for scavs too, I'm sick of being killed by other player scavs. It's hard enough avoiding PMC's let alone player scavs that you don't know are player scavs until they shoot you. I prefer to avoid the confrontation when running my scav as I like to try and grab some loot without being hassled by the AI scavs.

Mekismo

Literally the last 3 scav runs I have done today, I've walked past what looks like an AI scav (AI type movement) for them to turn around and shoot me in the back. Getting sick of losing all my hard earned loot to some cheap low life rat that thinks it's easier to fool someone and steal it from them. This game promotes scummy behaviour!!!! No wonder we live in such a horrible society nowadays.

GlomeRoaming
2 hours ago, Mekismo said:

Literally the last 3 scav runs I have done today, I've walked past what looks like an AI scav (AI type movement) for them to turn around and shoot me in the back. Getting sick of losing all my hard earned loot to some cheap low life rat that thinks it's easier to fool someone and steal it from them. This game promotes scummy behaviour!!!! No wonder we live in such a horrible society nowadays.

yeah there's a lot of that, the sucker punch.
I'm personally not surprised people use cheats in this game, to counter the frustration. I'd uninstall before I felt like that but that's because I have some pride and principles, many don't,  It's just fun being a c***t for some.

Edited by GlomeRoaming
Ruecklicht

If the game would work properly I would be for OPs cause but so far I teamed up with two scavs and both times I killed them later on by accident because in the beginning they do this https://streamable.com/ for several minutes and when i abandon them and see them later I have to assume they are hostile players and shoot them not realising fast enough that thsoe were the guys I started in a team. -.-

plisken

currently theres no point to grouping up since theres no VOIP, so just never do it. When VOIP is implemented i think it would be very fun to group up with randos.

• Like 1

Don't trust anyone randomly inviting you to group in lobby, they're going to kill you as soon as you spawn in.I t's frustrating when you're a new player and I don't think this kind of teamkilling is ever going to be punished and tbh rn the function to invite randoms is pretty useless since communicating without VOIP is hard (especially USEC + BEAR). We have to wait for them to at least add more voicelines (like a USEC saying "Let's extract", would be a lot useful) and the BEAR speaking english, and for the addition of VOIP to the game, which I'm pretty sure will make the looking for group function more trustworthy to use

Krymz_

I try to not give up faith on humanity and will try to be friendly to people when the occasions present themselves. If I don't have loot/gear I desperately need for example. 

The other day I was scavenging interchange, and I heard someone coming from the down the hallway and ran to the panel between us on the right (IDEA). He started emoting and flashing his light at the ceiling from the other side, and came out looking at the ceiling. I had not much gear and an MP-153 so I tagged along with him. We found a group of PMCs who where either fighting his friends or an other group of scavs. We tried to engage, but we died one after an other. I might have killed a PMC in that firefight and it was a lot of fun lol. But I've been baited and abused plenty so I barely wiggle to anyone anymore. 

Revelayshuns
On 1/24/2021 at 4:08 PM, Yeavo said:

You can receive invites from friends only... Just dont click "searching for group" and only youre friends can see you.

Yeavo
2 hours ago, Revelayshuns said:

You can receive invites from friends only... Just dont click "searching for group" and only youre friends can see you.

I know that. But thanks for the tip anyway.

No what I meant was until other systems are in place the option to play with randoms should be taken out completely as a temporary measure.