No enemy visibility even in the open -_-

Shibre93100

Check this out and maybe share some of your settings because this is just ridiculous. I look at the guy and can't even see him.

No cover, no nothing, just sitting here, basically invisible

If I have line of sight I should locate the player immediately considering I heared him seconds before and knew he was in there somewhere

• Like 1
gkcx2002

Looks like he was hiding in the shadow by the entrance. You can see his silhouette albeit I had to slow the video down to see him.  

ThatGuy2119

Look at the bottom left side of you screen. he broke the glass when firing at you. He was firing from a small area that.  Legit nothing you could have done there. You walked into a Rat just hanging out by a camp fire. Dont walk around hot spots without checking all angles or going another way to limit the amount of angles.  Legit everything. Thats the problem with interchange. So many angles you are shown to.

Edited by ThatGuy2119
  • Upvote 1
Shibre93100

I saw him afterwards by pausing, and even then it was difficult!

The guy isn't even behind a corner or some cover, just sitting there with the entire body exposed and still can't see jack!

That's not normal

heloothere.PNG.642ee7b60315aa243c2e6c76c0c8b100.PNG

Edited by Shibre93100
ThatGuy2119
26 minutes ago, Shibre93100 said:

I saw him afterwards by pausing, and even then it was difficult!

The guy isn't even behind a corner or some cover, just sitting there with the entire body exposed and still can't see jack!

That's not normal

heloothere.PNG.642ee7b60315aa243c2e6c76c0c8b100.PNG

There are a few things to do to help with settings. First turn shadows ALL the way down. Lowest you can. Then mess around with your Post FX settings to adjuster color and shading. This will impact your FPS. The best way to get this to work is go onto an offline raid on interchange. Use the garage and go to any entrance and go inside and once it turns dark adjust the settings to see the back wall. Then go back outside and adjust it again to see how it will look outside and inside. There are also youtube videos on this and they have some good suggestions. Every ones pc is different, monitor, and eyes.  Youll have to adjust these settings to what you like and what works.

you are right tho. thats a bit dark.  

In Post FX  I use 

brightness 20

saturation 20

clarity 65

colorfulness 65

luma sharpen 50

adaptive sharpen 50

Color grading Cognac (turns dark areas a little purple)

intensity 40 

My monitor may be different  from yours but that might be a good starting point 

Edited by ThatGuy2119
  • Thanks 2
Shibre93100
3 minutes ago, ThatGuy2119 said:

n Post FX  I use 

brightness 20

saturation 20

clarity 65

colorfulness 65

luma sharpen 50

adaptive sharpen 50

Color grading Cognac (turns dark areas a little purple)

intensity 40 

My monitor may be different  from yours but that might be a good starting point 

I'll give these a try immediately, thanks for sharing

ThatGuy2119

Not a problem but if that doesnt work let me know. Lastly check your minor settings. If your black light its to low it will gray out areas or make them really dark. Im talking VERY dark 

Shibre93100
3 minutes ago, ThatGuy2119 said:

Not a problem but if that doesnt work let me know. Lastly check your minor settings. If your black light its to low it will gray out areas or make them really dark. Im talking VERY dark 

For the color grading I'm liking the Emilia.

For the rest I used your settings and it's looks pretty good

Unfortunately my monitor is an old piece of crap that cost me 100€ ages ago so nothing can be done in that department lol

ThatGuy2119

As long as it helps a little its worth it. I suggest upgrading at some point to a new monitor. Happy this may have helped out out a bit

• Thanks 1
Ricky-LaFleur

Hilarious how everybody tries to justify the crap lighting and post FX in this game, if you have the right setting on desktop and in game you are like a GOD to most people with bad settings. I was just running behind dorms on customs and i don't see this guy until he is maybe 10 feet in front of me and we were both sprinting at each other....Don't even ask me if i heard him..sound is so broken right now, hearing distant footsteps only to find out it's actually somebody right next to me.

Also the further you are from someone the easier it is to see you in brush..which is broken too.

I can look across railroad spawn hill in customs to the radio tower and see people clear as day but when i move a little closer the bushes render in and i cannot look up the hill.

Edited by Ricky-LaFleur
Shibre93100
13 hours ago, Ricky-LaFleur said:

if you have the right setting on desktop and in game you are like a GOD to most people with bad settings.

care to share those settings?

Ruecklicht

I only play EFT with Gamma jacked up in Nvidia settings. The lighting in this game is so bad. The graphics in general are crap compared to SCUM for example (I know, different engine, but if that´s all Unity can do then scrap it).

Shibre93100
23 minutes ago, Ruecklicht said:

I only play EFT with Gamma jacked up in Nvidia settings. The lighting in this game is so bad. The graphics in general are crap compared to SCUM for example (I know, different engine, but if that´s all Unity can do then scrap it).

I'm using a Radeon GPU

Reymt

It really sucks how hard it can be to identify plays in Tarkov; and interchange is probably the worst example. It almost feels like a map designed for squads, because there are too many angle to check. Then again, its a map so large that its not hard to avoid players; that crossing you were moving to is probably the highest traffic areas of the map.

And there is hope; the people who say theres nothing to be done just dont know what they are talking about.

First of all, just playing a lot will make everything easier, including the ability to identify enemies. If you watch streamers that played the game for thousands of hours, they will identify enemies to a degree that you'd think would be impossible. They see 10 pixels that shouldnt be there and theyll react to it.

Secondarily, sound. They guy you encountered wasnt camping, you can actually hear him at 0:03. He likely heard your steps, your running, and was taking a defensive position. Thats why you always want to wear a headset, thatll make steps even more audible. At the start, take one model and stick to it, that makes it easier to get used to (theyre all the same with different pitch/treble).

Lastly, my monitor is pretty crap as well; maybe 10 years old, with weak colors and contrast, as well as quite a bit more blur than I'd like and mediocre latency. Didnt stop me from getting so much better at spotting people. While it has compression issues, this video might help you to learn what to look out/listen for:

Edited by Reymt
Shibre93100
Just now, Reymt said:

you can actually hear him at 0:03.

I litterally said in my first post that I heared him and went on a hunting trip to get him

Donidon

EfT has a problem with shadows. Even in the dark there are shadows that make everything much darker. So reduce all settings for shadows in the game to the minimum. Then you can see players in bushes better (the noobs who think in the bush they are invisible) and also in dark corners the players disappear less in a shadow without light source.

BUT.... there are lamps for the weapons, and for good reason. These attachments are too rarely used, but are actually very powerful. Everything is just running around with META IR lasers, but that is actually not smart in many places. And I realize that's of little use to you with this weapon, because you can't attach a light. But in that case you have to be even more careful. The weapon is not good on this map. On Fab it is funny... against pistoleros.

Reymt
vor 5 Minuten schrieb Shibre93100:

I litterally said in my first post that I heared him and went on a hunting trip to get him

Dude, I gave you a bunch of useful tips and the only thing you gonna do is whine about that bit?

And btw, you can easily see the guy in the video when you come around the escalator. You didnt even check, you were walking/running towards an enemy position you know of.

image.png

Edited by Reymt
Krymz_

dude. look at the window. silouette is right there. but you can't see it when unpaused because you were running. I think most PMCs I kill are always at full sprint. I don't recommend running, ESPECIALLY if I know someone is around. you might as well hit the emote key non stop to make sure he really knows where you are coming from.image.thumb.png.cab2d8089fdf119e8ba8e42cd8d6ed84.png

Edited by Krymz_
Shibre93100
1 minute ago, Reymt said:

Dude, I gave you a bunch of useful tips and the only thing you gonna do is cutie about that bit?

And btw, you can easily see the guy in the video when you come around the escalator. You didnt even check, you were walking/running towards an enemy position you know of.

image.png

perfectly visible indeed.

A shadow surrounded by more shadows in an environment as dark as my butthole

BTW I don't sit and wait in corners for half the round, that's not my playstyle

I rush, period. Don't care if I die

My goal isn't to escape but get as many kills as I can before I die

Edited by Shibre93100
Reymt
vor 3 Minuten schrieb Shibre93100:

perfectly visible indeed.

A shadow surrounded by more shadows in an environment as dark as my butthole

You made a ton of critical mistakes in that short clip. Dont even attempt to lecture people.

But alright, if you're just acting like a kid that thinks its entitled to others attention, because its angry about being bad at a video game, then this is probably not the game for you.

Edited by Reymt
  • Hot 1
Donidon
vor 3 Minuten schrieb Reymt:

You made a ton of critical mistakes in that short clip. Dont even attempt to lecture people.

But alright, if you're just acting like a kid that thinks its entitled to others attention, because its angry about being bad at a video game, then this is probably not the game for you.

But he is right! In EfT there are shadows without a light source. Or, as in this example, there is a light source and it creates a shadow that makes the corner even darker. Destroying the light source would have made the PMC more visible because of less darkness. In reality light = bright, in EfT light makes dark darker and bright brighter.

The only thing that helps against this is to set shadows to minimum and use a lamp on the weapon.

Reymt
vor 6 Minuten schrieb Donidon:

But he is right! In EfT there are shadows without a light source. Or, as in this example, there is a light source and it creates a shadow that makes the corner even darker. Destroying the light source would have made the PMC more visible because of less darkness. In reality light = bright, in EfT light makes dark darker and bright brighter.

The only thing that helps against this is to set shadows to minimum and use a lamp on the weapon.

The lighting is messed up for sure, but he was both wrong and rude about most other stuff xD 

Shibre93100
1 minute ago, Reymt said:

The lighting is messed up for sure, but he was both wrong and rude about most other stuff xD 

damn, stop trying to convince yourself of something and just play the game

you're butthurt because you completely missed the point at the start, being that the game looks like an ashtray and I'm looking to improve the visibility and not learn how to spot people when I've never had that problem for the past 20 years in other FPS

geez

• Like 1
Ruecklicht
vor 56 Minuten schrieb Shibre93100:

I'm using a Radeon GPU

You can do the same in your GPU'Ss settings. Google it. But beware it usually makes sunlight too bright. I just live with it. Wish the devs wouöd play their own game sometimes. I mean really play for a day or two.