More movement sound effects

Kaizen-

Hey guys, 

I don't know if any of the players mentioned this before. I think it is a good idea to add more movement sound effects in this game.  For example, right now I believe all the wood surface are sounding the same when the character steps on. Every time I step on a root of a tree, it sounds like I'm stepping on the wood floor(it's like hollow down there) and I think it is really a in authenticity.  And there are many more scenarios like this make me feel lose the immersion. I believe it will also be beneficial to gameplay if devs could add more sounds effects in the game. What are your thoughts?

• Upvote 1
Spectator6

Hello @Kaizen-! Well to the forums :) And if you're new to EFT, welcome to the game as well!

Nikita has said before that they have a TON of sound effects that are not currently in the game for things like footsteps on different surfaces, etc.

I don't know for certain, but I suspect the "gear rustling" audio layer that was added fairly recently (was it 0.11?) will be something they build out more in order to differentiate different rig/backpack sets as well. 

As with most things EFT, tons of ambition, yet so little time and/or know-how to bring the assets into the game in a timely manner.

Best we can do is just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

• Upvote 3
Kaizen-
13 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

Hello @Kaizen-! Well to the forums :) And if you're new to EFT, welcome to the game as well!

Nikita has said before that they have a TON of sound effects that are not currently in the game for things like footsteps on different surfaces, etc.

I don't know for certain, but I suspect the "gear rustling" audio layer that was added fairly recently (was it 0.11?) will be something they build out more in order to differentiate different rig/backpack sets as well. 

As with most things EFT, tons of ambition, yet so little time and/or know-how to bring the assets into the game in a timely manner.

Best we can do is just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Thx for the reply! Glad to know the information!