VPN issues as of 1/24/21

valqalishnikov

valqalishnikov

I run NordVpn for work.
As of yesterday, it seems like my normal vpn server has been blacklisted by Tarkov (cant even log in). I connected to a few other servers around the country and now i can get into matches (after a long delay) and it disconnects from server about 1min into a match.

My gf likes to play while Im at work and now, whatever changed as of yesterday has made it so she absolutely CAN NOT play.
We used to do 2player matches on this vpn server without any lag or issues. NOW it seems like using NordVpn use has made the game completely unuseable, nomatter what vpn server I switch to.

The game works fine if I turn the VPN off. BUT, that makes it so my gf cant play while I work, anymore.

The connection is 120mb down while connected to vpn.

What gives, Tarkov?

Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by valqalishnikov
JonkDonkler

YES. I just found out today I can’t play using protonVPN anymore. It was the only workaround I had for the friends not being able to invite me glitch and getting stuck in the post match stats screen. It also helped with other lobby “time out” glitches I have as well. 

huge kick in the balls right now especially since I ONLY paid for a VPN just to play tarkov. Wtf Nikita I’m pissed 

Edited by JonkDonkler
valqalishnikov

Ive found on certian vpn servers, their cloudflare ddos protection wont even let me connect to the web page, game servers, or forum.

This sucks 😔

looks like theyll be losing even more players after this.

• 3 weeks later...
JonkDonkler

I remedied the next button glitch and a variety  of menu bugs by using a router and modem provided by my ISP, rather than the router and modem I paid for separately. I hated renting spectrums shitty equipment before however the one they gave me has been pretty good. 

it would have been way cooler if I could’ve kept the vpn and router/modem but oh well at least the game works for me now. I’m less mad which is nice

baumbart

Unfortunate to hear you have troubles with your VPN.

From a network perspective I would highly recommend to NOT use a VPN at all ( I understoodwhy you use it tho). The Net performance of EFT is already totally bad, since packets travel from your PCs network card, to the EFT Servers and back (Round trip time), depending on where your location is and which EFT Servers you use, this might be already bad. The higher the RTT is, the worse your game experience (registering of shots, delays, desyncs) etc. will be.

What you do with your VPN is: you add an additional "hop" into your network path, since everything first needs to go from your PCs Network  card, to the VPN Gateway, from there to the EFT Servers, back to the VPN Gateway and then back to you. IMO that adds an extra unnecessary round trip time, which I would highly recommend to avoid.

Depending on daily varying performance of your VPN provider, this might also give you different experience during different times of the day. If X users are using the same VPN gateway it might be fine sometimes, but at some point every VPN gateway is exhausted and the promised bandwidth can't be guaranteed anymore and you experience issues.

I am not sure, though (not defending BSG here) what makes you assume, that Nikita/BSG is responsible for a poor performance of an external VPN provider?

Greets

baumbart

Edited by baumbart
  • Upvote 1
einhauz

This most likely is an updated server routine by the infrastructure that BSG is renting to provide the service. It may also have been a step to prevent people from sidestepping the location lock on their accounts.

Not quite sure on that one, lets see if there is going to be an official statement towards this.

geiservicenzi

My related experiences:
I am Brazilian, inexperienced and unaware, I invested a fortune in the software to solve mainly "registering of shots, delays, desyncs", it was a total disaster, culprits and unknown solutions, however, it was easy to observe this in the middle of the traffic and the algorithm has something that cuts the connection by disabling any and all related software, it will happen sooner or later. Anyway, as we were not part of the general public, we are just passionate and persistent in our journey towards a fair and competitive Tarkov.

good luck for all of us

PS:. I fully agree

23 hours ago, baumbart said:

Unfortunate to hear you have troubles with your VPN.

From a network perspective I would highly recommend to NOT use a VPN at all ( I understoodwhy you use it tho). The Net performance of EFT is already totally bad, since packets travel from your PCs network card, to the EFT Servers and back (Round trip time), depending on where your location is and which EFT Servers you use, this might be already bad. The higher the RTT is, the worse your game experience (registering of shots, delays, desyncs) etc. will be.

What you do with your VPN is: you add an additional "hop" into your network path, since everything first needs to go from your PCs Network  card, to the VPN Gateway, from there to the EFT Servers, back to the VPN Gateway and then back to you. IMO that adds an extra unnecessary round trip time, which I would highly recommend to avoid.

Depending on daily varying performance of your VPN provider, this might also give you different experience during different times of the day. If X users are using the same VPN gateway it might be fine sometimes, but at some point every VPN gateway is exhausted and the promised bandwidth can't be guaranteed anymore and you experience issues.

I am not sure, though (not defending BSG here) what makes you assume, that Nikita/BSG is responsible for a poor performance of an external VPN provider?

Greets

baumbart

NordVPN.JPG

TestNordVPN.JPG

2021-02-16[17-04]_23.56 (0).png