24GB RAM usage!!!

Shibre93100

We've got a new record here

Time to upgrade to 64GB it seems

how can people with 16GB or less even play this game?

RAM.PNG.62f038dee5a9104284b9fcb15dbb2481.PNG

Caster89Actual

well, glad i got 32gigs then(DDR3 =\)

BTW i seriously suggest closing google chrome when you play.

and discord if you can help it and aren't planning on grouping up.

Steam too.

it might not use alot of resources but i find tarkov runs way better and way more stable when not using junk programs like that.

Gemacko

I think its just the way the game is coded. you can play it with way less RAM its just that it uses like 100% of your RAM more or less.
if you had 64 it would probabley use 60 or so.

Shibre93100
4 hours ago, Gemacko said:

I think its just the way the game is coded. you can play it with way less RAM its just that it uses like 100% of your RAM more or less.
if you had 64 it would probabley use 60 or so.

you're telling me I upgraded to 32GB for nothing? xD

Spectator6

Hi @Shibre93100! Woa, you're not kidding, that's a new record in my book! Do you recall by any chance what you were doing in EFT at the time?

You might consider running a RAM cleaner in the background. And not the in-game one (that only checks for leaks within EFT itself), but one that checks system-wide.

This one is my fav. Completely free, been using it for years for lots of heavy games like EFT, DCS, racing sims, etc and I've found it really does help. I set the options to clean every 5 mins.

https://www.koshyjohn.com/software/memclean/

Shibre93100

@Spectator6

I was leaving a raid and the game was stuck just like after every raid, hanging forever to load the menu so nothing at all was happening in the game at that time

I won't use a memory cleaner, I did when I had 16GB and every refresh the stress it was putting on the SSD was insane.

Not worth IMO if it reduces the lifespan of my drive

1 hour ago, vythous said:

i play on 8gb ddr4, consume 90% of ram, and of course, sometimes my frame drops, freezes and etc.

I'm already between 8 to 9GB when I'm the the menu lol

If windows takes up to 4GB alone, that's not even 4GB left for the game

Kenpachi1985
vor 9 Minuten schrieb Shibre93100:

@Spectator6

I was leaving a raid and the game was stuck just like after every raid, hanging forever to load the menu so nothing at all was happening in the game at that time

I won't use a memory cleaner, I did when I had 16GB and every refresh the stress it was putting on the SSD was insane.

I'm already between 8 to 9GB when I'm the the menu lol

If windows takes up to 4GB alone, that's not even 4GB left for the game

8-9 GB Ram useage just in the Menu? That sounds like a call for at least a complete reinstall of Tarkov (it is still a beta in the end with quite some bugs) my dude if not checking your System for other Problems. I also have 32GB Ram and Tarkov in the Hideout takes around 3.7 GB. 

taskmanager.png

Shibre93100

@Kenpachi1985 

seems quite obvious that you're running some sort of a RAM cleaner app. Chrome or discord don't use that small of an amount of RAM

I had those numbers before as well

turn it off and see the magic happen

5CIENCE
vor 23 Stunden schrieb Caster89Actual:

BTW i seriously suggest closing google chrome when you play.

Also helps not to have 20 tabs open...

Kenpachi1985
vor 29 Minuten schrieb Shibre93100:

@Kenpachi1985 

seems quite obvious that you're running some sort of a RAM cleaner app. Chrome or discord don't use that small of an amount of RAM

I had those numbers before as well

turn it off and see the magic happen

I don't have a ram cleaner. I have a pretty strong system with a good balance tho (also, you don't need an extra anti virus anymore, the basic windows defender is on par with almost everything out there). Also, @ does not work here, you have to quote the person's post you want to tag.

Spectator6
3 hours ago, Shibre93100 said:

@Spectator6

Do you recall which map it was? I'm just asking so I can fire it up on my end and see what kind of results I get.

I don't know if it's accurate, but I've read that the long delay after a raid ends might have something to do with Battleye and how it interfaces with EFT's server infrastructure. I don't remember the delays being so long *before* BE was introduced, but who knows...

3 hours ago, Shibre93100 said:

Interesting, good to know! I'll quit using it then while I read up on them. Thanks for the warning!

Gemacko

If you have 32 GB of RAM and still need to use a RAM cleaner I would say some serious optimization of the game is needed that's ridiculous, you could either run EFT or 2 read dead redemption and 2 GTA 5 at the same time... that doesn't sound right....

• Like 1
Spectator6
4 hours ago, Gemacko said:

If you have 32 GB of RAM and still need to use a RAM cleaner I would say some serious optimization of the game is needed that's ridiculous, you could either run EFT or 2 read dead redemption and 2 GTA 5 at the same time... that doesn't sound right....

Yeah, something's not right. Highest I go is 13 gb's, but usually closer to 8-9.

Shibre93100
9 hours ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

I don't have a ram cleaner. I have a pretty strong system with a good balance tho (also, you don't need an extra anti virus anymore, the basic windows defender is on par with almost everything out there). Also, @ does not work here, you have to quote the person's post you want to tag.

then I don't know how your numbers can be so different with steam or discord using much more RAM on my system than yours

7 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

Interesting, good to know! I'll quit using it then while I read up on them. Thanks for the warning!

just run a mem clean with task manager opened and see the activity on the disk go crazy in the 3rd tab