silent grenades still a thing

sightseeer

sightseeer

Its 2021 and I died to a silent grenade, again, still. Are you going to fix that? Why does ambient sound have priority over a:
-grenade unpin,

-grenade throw

-grenade bounce on wall

-grenade landing next to me

It is really annoying and I don't understand why I can hear everything else, steps on the other building and everrything bug a F**** grenade from a dude I can hear 5 meters from me is completely taken out of the sound rendering. I am not even talking about being on another level inside the building. I am talking about an enemy 2 rooms next to me.

Fix your game!!!

• Like 1
TensedTatterTot

It's bugged as far as I can tell. Seems to happen more when there are two grenades in close succession. I've been caught out a few times by peeking after one grenade explodes, to find there was another there that made no sound.

Whether it is a specific issue, or linked to other sounds not working I am not sure.

• Upvote 1
sightseeer

In that specific situation, there was no other grenade in the last 30 seconds or so. I could hear everything but everything related to the grenade was "skipped" by the game. So either the player was lagspiking in that specific moment (lag switcher?) or the server had a normal lag spikes such that the server didnt send me the actions concerning the grenade.

• Like 1
TensedTatterTot
14 minutes ago, sightseeer said:

In that specific situation, there was no other grenade in the last 30 seconds or so. I could hear everything but everything related to the grenade was "skipped" by the game. So either the player was lagspiking in that specific moment (lag switcher?) or the server had a normal lag spikes such that the server didnt send me the actions concerning the grenade.

Possible for sure. However there are other sound issues which don't seem to be related to lag. Silent footsteps being a prime example. I'm not convinced that the grenade sounds are not part of the same issue.

Perhaps it is due to the Steam Audio integration and will improve.

• 2 months later...
StellarKane

I just died to a silent grenade at gas station on customs - didn't hear it land, didn't hear it explode - very annoying. Says a scav killed me.

Edited by StellarKane
Juway

Have died to two silent grenades today 21/04/21 and its probably the most ducking frustrating bug ive encountered so far.

PLEASE FIX!