Red Rebel from Jaeger - Please fix

DROPBE4R

Needs

15 Propane

10 Fuel Conditioners

15 Dry fuel

Please explain how someone on a "standard edition" account is supposed to do this???

It is impossible there is not enough room in stash. Even if I literally EMPTY my entire stash, I can not complete the requirements for this exchange.

Can you please consider the requirements and how they play out with stash sizes a little bit when making these things? I should not have to upgrade to stash size 4 before I can complete something so integral to game play - the requirements to upgrade to stash size 4 are insane to begin with.

Or is pay to play your new model?

• Sad 5
ShiroTenshi

Hello

You can upgrade your stash all the way up to EOD levels or get containers to expand the space you have available.

You don't need to get it all the way to level 4. Level 1 is more then enough.

You have 280 cells available on a basic stash. All those items take up 95 cells.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
DROPBE4R

So I need to spend 3.5 million before I can think about doing this exchange.  That should not be necessary.  Sorry.  I get it that I can upgrade my stash, but I should not *NEED* to spend 3.5 million(plus cost of additional upgrade items) (and than another roughly 1.7million) to get an item that everyone else can get for 1.7mil.

Each Scav junkbox is roughly 1.7mil, I would need 2 to fit all the items for the exchange.  So that is still an additonal 3.4mil for those.  

Edited by DROPBE4R
  • Sad 1
ShiroTenshi
2 minutes ago, DROPBE4R said:

So I need to spend 3.5 million before I can think about doing this exchange.  T

You don't. You can do it at level 1 stash.

Level 1 stash size is 280. Space needed is 95.

DROPBE4R

My stash currently has about 6 spare spaces.  And I have only 2 backup carbines, some vests that actually give me more space than they use, and 1 large bag slot that has many bags stacked inside (and the last bag full of stuff).  I have a med container and ammo container.

If you ever played with basic stash you would understand that it is impossible to do this task.

• Sad 1
ShiroTenshi
1 minute ago, DROPBE4R said:

If you ever played with basic stash you would understand that it is impossible to do this task.

I have played with a basic stash for the past 3 wipes. It's perfectly doable if you get containers and sort your stash out better. 

You have options. Just because you can't do it right from day 1 of playing doesn't mean you should. Use some of the other options available to you like upgrading your stash or getting some scav junkboxes, icases, weapon cases, med cases, etc to better manage stash space.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1
DROPBE4R

dude the containers cost MONEY - this means either way it is pay to play.  Either to upgrade stash, or to buy containers.  This is what I am saying.  There is no way with basic stash this is doable unless you empty your stash just to get the RR.

"Organise your stash better" mate, I play stash tetris EVERY SINGLE RAID.  The stash management in this game is notoriously terribad - and with the basic stash it is nigh on impossible at low levels.  To get any of the containers it is a trap, you need space to make money and you cant get space until you get money.  The real solution is upgrade the account - again pay to play as I am essentially forced to pay for more expensive account.

Look at the bigger picture please.  You dont have basic edition you have EOD edition, I can see it in your tag.  So how are you playing with basic stash exactly?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5
Majlo
47 minutes ago, DROPBE4R said:

You dont have basic edition you have EOD edition, I can see it in your tag.  So how are you playing with basic stash exactly?

It is possible to own more than one copy of the game (using multiple accounts). Just because his main forum account owns the Edge of Darkness pre-order package doesn't mean he's playing on that account.

I myself own this account (EoD) and another one (Standard Edition).

1 hour ago, DROPBE4R said:

15 Propane

10 Fuel Conditioners

15 Dry fuel

All of these items combined doesn't even take up half of a Lucky Scav junkbox, let alone the entire LVL1 Stash.

refizuhl

Yo, i play with standard edition, too. One Scavbox, one iCase, one Medcase and a Magbox + 2 Stashupgrades and you can stash everything. And after all this investements i still have like 12 million roubles. Dont pretend like its impossible to get cash with standard edition.

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, DROPBE4R said:

dude the containers cost MONEY - this means either way it is pay to play.  Either to upgrade stash, or to buy containers.  This is what I am saying.  There is no way with basic stash this is doable unless you empty your stash just to get the RR.

"Organise your stash better" mate, I play stash tetris EVERY SINGLE RAID.  The stash management in this game is notoriously terribad - and with the basic stash it is nigh on impossible at low levels.  To get any of the containers it is a trap, you need space to make money and you cant get space until you get money.  The real solution is upgrade the account - again pay to play as I am essentially forced to pay for more expensive account.

Look at the bigger picture please.  You dont have basic edition you have EOD edition, I can see it in your tag.  So how are you playing with basic stash exactly?

You seem to be misunderstanding - containers cost IN GAME money, not IRL money. So its not "pay to play" its play to play. 

Either way, there are enough slots with a basic account to do this trade if that is your focus. I played for 1.5 wipes before I went EOD - it is possible. You need to have patience and be committed to what you want - in this case a RR. 

Use your in game money to buy a container first (scav junk box should LITERALLY be your first major purchase every wipe regardless of size of stash) and then start storing the objects. 

I think you misunderstand what the best way to manage your tetris is.

• Like 1
ShiroTenshi

dude the containers cost MONEY -

Yes. Ingame money. You know, the thing you have to play the game to get. It's called progression.

"Organise your stash better" mate, I play stash tetris EVERY SINGLE RAID.  The stash management in this game is notoriously terribad - and with the basic stash it is nigh on impossible at low levels.

No, not impossible. You just have to make choices. Most people, specially new players, hoard way more then they will every reasonably need or use. I can guarantee you there's a bunch of useless stuff in your stash that you don't need and would be better off if it was sold.

Even if you do play 'Stash Tetris' every day doesn't mean you are good at it. Some lessons are learned through trial and error and this just means you haven't learned the way that best works for you yet.  Either your looting priorities are messed up or your are thinking too far ahead and not focusing on what needs to be done right now.

To get any of the containers it is a trap, you need space to make money and you cant get space until you get money. 

Hardly. It's perfectly possible. Again, get rid of some of that junk you are hoarding to make money and space and you will be fine. Many others can and have done it before so it's not impossible at all.

The real solution is upgrade the account - again pay to play as I am essentially forced to pay for more expensive account.

The only one forcing you is yourself. Just because something takes time and effort to do doesn't mean you have to buy the more expensive editions. That is your own decision because you don't want to deal with a part of the player progression.

I own multiple accounts. Thanks to BSG for literally handing out free standard edition codes a few years back. I started playing with a standard account exactly because i felt the EOD perks were making me miss out on an important part of the progression experience.

• Sad 1
DROPBE4R
12 minutes ago, Majlo said:

It is possible to own more than one copy of the game (using multiple accounts). Just because his main forum account owns the Edge of Darkness pre-order package doesn't mean he's playing on that account.

I myself own this account (EoD) and another one (Standard Edition).

All of these items combined doesn't even take up half of a Lucky Scav junkbox, let alone the entire LVL1 Stash.

Again, a lucky scav junkbox is 1.7mil on the market (1.9mil from the vendor)

No one is saying its impossible to get cash.  I am saying it is a cash trap.

You need some kind of upgrade, be it containers, or stash upgrade BEFORE you can then outlay another 1.7mil for a RR.

I should not *NEED* to have upgrades (or containers) to buy things off vendors.  Stash space is in short supply on the standard edition.

This exchange could easily be reworked to have items that take less stash space but the same rarity (for example) rather than something that takes a third of stash space - again I can barely fit anything in my stash.

You have 12mil spare, good on you mate, maybe you got lucky, also you are probably a high level.

Think about "new" players (or low level).  You can not even get containers until rep level is higher with Therapist.  You can not even access the market to buy containers until level 10, and you can not even make containers in your stash (which also require a lot of stash space to collect the items to make - again stash trap) 

• Sad 3
GassperUK
6 minutes ago, DROPBE4R said:

Again, a lucky scav junkbox is 1.7mil on the market (1.9mil from the vendor)

You can literally make that in 1 or 2 runs lol 

I played with the standard edition for a long time, upgraded to EOD and seen no game changing effects what so ever.. bigger stash or bigger container doesn't make you earn more money 

Maybe post a screenshot of your stash so we could help you more xD

Edited by GassperUK
  • Sad 1
DROPBE4R

You can not literally make 1.7 mil in 1 or 2 runs unless you have the market unlocked (level 10) and you also would have to get lucky, and in addition not die.  Its possible, its not highly likely unless you have a bunch of keys which you probably also bought off the market meaning you are already level 10 also.

5 minutes ago, DROPBE4R said:

You can not literally make 1.7 mil in 1 or 2 runs unless you have the market unlocked (level 10) and you also would have to get lucky, and in addition not die.  Its possible, its not highly likely unless you have a bunch of keys which you probably also bought off the market meaning you are already level 10 also.

If you want to buy a RR as your first purchase, and NOT something long term beneficial to you like a scav junk box, I don't know what to tell you. 

EFT is fantastic as you can play it in so many different ways, and I never thought I would say these words to someone, but.... You might just be playing the game the wrong way. 

Do 2-4 runs, get the 1.9m you need and get the scav box. Then do some quests, get to 10, unlock the flea and then do a few more runs to get the stuff you need from that flea to get the RR. That's your fastest way of getting it if you really must rush.

DROPBE4R

While I appreciate the "work arounds" it is not really my complaint.

Yes I know I can "work around" the stash limitations.  My initial point is that this should NOT BE necessary for items that come from vendors.

Also please be realistic, I have never made 2 million from 2 to 4 runs - its more like make about 300K a run then have 4 bad runs and lose 175k (1 step forward 2 steps back).  I mean, if I found a LEDX or something...maybe...but you can hardly say that is each raid or every 2nd raid.

I dont intend to buy a RR right now, I was simply looking at the requirements.

I need a scav JB first, and it is my first priority.

Also you need to remember some people can only play 3 or 4 hours a day.  I mean not all of us can play "hardcore" hours into a game.

Edited by DROPBE4R
Kimuri

As far as I remember they upgraded basic version stash already didn’t they?

you’re way too early in the game to have a red rebel anyway, go get some containers or hunt shturman.

Its_Ninjarider

In my opinion youre lucky that Shiro was so patient to argue with you...

First of all its totally possible to do it with a Standard account, i also started with standard and upgraded later. EOD doesnt help you to make more money, either you're bad at looting or picking the worthy items or its the lack of experience. 

As you mentioned above go for that lucky scav box now. You can also craft it easily by yourself in the hideout from toilet lvl2. All the needed items can easily be found on every map. Fuel might spawn abit more often at OLI (Interchange) , but also at many other places.

Tarkov isnt meant to be easy, so you have to progress and step up to get special stuff.

There's literally no need for a Red Rebel at low level. Not even later. In your case it's just a personal wish to get one i guess. Which is totally fine, but you can also play without. I'm currently at lv35 and still dont have one because i don't need it (dont play reserve n woods too often)

Just play and dont stress yourself with such stuff. Keep your stash clean and sell the unneccessary items. A list of all quest/kappa items can be found here:

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Quests

• Sad 1
DROPBE4R
1 hour ago, Its_Ninjarider said:

In my opinion youre lucky that Shiro was so patient to argue with you...

In my opinion there is no argument to be had.  I posted a subject if he doesnt agree he can just say he doesnt agree and leave it at that rather than ensuing further arguments.

The typical response in most game forums is "if you cant do it you are doing it wrong"

Again, I would ask you to take a step back from the confrontation.

My argument is not that work arounds or methods exist to get there, or even if the RR is necessary at this point in the game or how good or bad your looting methods are, none of that is even relevant to the discussion to be honest.

My initial point was stated in the initial post that with standard edition stash (without workarounds) it is impossible to get the item without first emptying a vast swathe of space in your stash.  The "quest" / "mission" whatever you want to call it (yes I know its neither of these) is poorly designed (in my opinion) without taking into consideration SPACE for standard account users.

• Sad 1
DROPBE4R
6 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Yes. Ingame money. You know, the thing you have to play the game to get. It's called progression.

That is not "progression", just FYI

Progression would be say, advancing your skills.  Unlocking dealer levels etc.

This game is loot and shoot.  The looting advances certain skills.  Selling it for roubles advancing nothing except your wallet, which in turn is required to advance parts of the minigame like stash space - which by the way at standard edition is pretty cruel.

How is pretty much NEEDING to pay for stash space (one way or the other) not pay to play?  The game has been designed in such a way that surviving without EOD is pretty much not possible (or at least pretty much stupidly unmanageable) and that is my point exactly.  When there are then exchanges that are important in game that require large stash spaces it reinforces the above point even more.  The game is designed to force you to pay to play for more stash space.

Krymz_

no, the game forces you to play for more stash space. it's not an opinion to disagree with, it's the reality of it. You can support the devs and get the EOD which will get you a lv4 stash unlocked right away. But it still would not matter, I'm lv11 and only got like 10 to 20 empty slots, including all my gun stripped of their grips and mags to get a couple extra spaces. And I just sold a lot of stuff I wanted to keep. I need to get a handful more successful raids for money and XP and then it's scav box time. I never realized it, but like someone said, the scav box is a must get as soon as possible.

In my opinion, you got the version of the game the way it's meant to be played. I was kinda bummed out that the EOD did not have the option to start with lv1 stash also. 

I wish I could hoard 5 times more items, but a part of the gameplay is choosing what to keep and what to sell.

If you like the game, and can afford to, you can wait for the next holydays or special occasion that makes them give out discounts on upgrading the game.

Edited by Krymz_
DROPBE4R
17 minutes ago, Krymz_ said:

no, the game forces you to play for more stash space. it's not an opinion to disagree with, it's the reality of it. 

Bingo.

Thanks for reinforcing my point exactly.

ShiroTenshi

That is not "progression", just FYI

Progression, stemming from the word Progress, which (among other meanings) means 'gradual betterment' or 'a forward or onward movement (as to an objective or to a goal)'. 

So, you start with basic everything. basic skills, basic hideout facilities, etc and must improve them. Player progression in EFT includes the betterment of your hideout, of which the stash is part of. That is just the way it is meant to be played.

A part of this progression includes making choices on what you want to keep or what you want to sell on your stash. Making money is 100% a large part of the progression. Money is needed to upgrade the hideout, it's needed to buy from FM or traders, it's needed to unlock trader levels, for insurance and for repairs.

There are many ways to play tarkov, but choosing to ignore a part of it doesn't mean it stops being a core aspect of the game.

The crux of the problem isn't the size of the stash. It's that you don't want, or can't, manage your existing space. You could have an EOD stash and you would still be complaining about not having enough space because you are hoarding so much stuff.

Fact of the matter is the standard stash has more then enough space for the items needed for the trade of a RR. Although i do believe that this point doesn't really matter to you as it was just chosen as an excuse to bring up your incorrectly perceived issue. You didn't even bother to do proper thinking before presenting it, since you claimed even an empty standard stash wouldn't be able to hold all those items when it has been proven that you were way off the mark.

You are clearly a new player, who is running into blockers and instead of working around them as is intended, you believe it's better to ask for the DEVs to simply remove said blocker.

I'm sorry but this won't happen. Your point makes 0 sense and has no factual backing other than your unwillingness or inability to actually do the work needed. No, the issue here is that you do not want to play the game the way it was meant to be played. You don't want to make choices and have to sacrifice those items in your stash.

This discussion is now going in circles. A lot of people have told you how it's perfectly possible to play with Standard Edition stash. Many people currently DO play just fine with the current stash size. Any more would just be futile at this point since you are obviously (and admittedly) not going to budge on your stance since you believe it's the only correct one and you can't really teach someone who doesn't want to learn. 

The thread will remain up, so the DEVs can see it and possibly consider it, but no further posting will be possible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4