Pinecone

Edge of Darkness preorder worth it?

Pinecone

Dear fellow escapers,

I'm very excited for Escape of Tarkov, but I don't know if I should buy the EOD preorder. For me, the only thing that is of value are the:

• -Unique ID
  • -Season Pass
  • -Early Access

As I've read all the FAQ's, I know that all the other bonusses such as a good standing with traders and a bigger stash can be acquired by just playing the game, and that the extra items you get in the start, such as the Tomahawk and the Large Backpack can be lost in a second. 

I just don't know if the 75euro's extra edition than the standard edition has so much to offer, In my perspective it looks like the season pass is around 50 euro's, which is more than the base game.

Just my opinion, I don't mean to criticise the business of the great developers of this game!

TheTrainStation
12 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

Dear fellow escapers,

I'm very excited for Escape of Tarkov, but I don't know if I should buy the EOD preorder. For me, the only thing that is of value are the:

• -Unique ID
  • -Season Pass
  • -Early Access

As I've read all the FAQ's, I know that all the other bonusses such as a good standing with traders and a bigger stash can be acquired by just playing the game, and that the extra items you get in the start, such as the Tomahawk and the Large Backpack can be lost in a second. 

I just don't know if the 75euro's extra edition than the standard edition has so much to offer, In my perspective it looks like the season pass is around 50 euro's, which is more than the base game.

Just my opinion, I don't mean to criticise the business of the great developers of this game!

You get day 1 alpha access. :P For people like me that have not much going on in their lives, it is quite a big deal. Huehuehue.

• Upvote 2

Pinecone
1 minute ago, TheTrainStation said:

You get day 1 alpha access. :P For people like me that have not much going on in their lives, it is quite a big deal. Huehuehue.

Yeah I understand that, but for me that's not a big deal, but I guess I'll buy the EOD if my paycheck is generous hahahaha

TheTrainStation
1 minute ago, Pinecone said:

Yeah I understand that, but for me that's not a big deal, but I guess I'll buy the EOD if my paycheck is generous hahahaha

In the end of the day, if this game delivers as much as i think i do. I would even throw down 300+ for the game.

Gotta love it when you know how to save up money. ;D

• Upvote 1

MadStalker

Someone can explain me what's the advantage of the unique ID ? I dont understand how it works ...

(i've already bought this pack, so i'd like to know ^^)

sYs

Basically - the most badass part is season pass ( this one is like forever ).

Rest you can loose - except unique game id. 

• Upvote 2

Scruffy

“He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.”

----LT

Recontiger94

You are essentially supporting the devs to most people. The rest isn't necessarily worth it, but most consider it essentially helping fund the ending of game production, and if thats not worth it, then don't get it.

• Upvote 1

Avexum
1 hour ago, MadStalker said:

Someone can explain me what's the advantage of the unique ID ? I dont understand how it works ...

(i've already bought this pack, so i'd like to know ^^)

Im pretty sure its something like a symbol by your name/playercard, or a certain color of your name.

Kovacs
6 hours ago, sYs said:

Rest you can loose - except unique game id.

And the unique secured container

• Upvote 1

Recontiger94

I just realized my post kind of came off prick-sh. Wasn't intended that way, I wont be getting the EOD because I don't make enough income to warrant supporting the devs for a pre-order bonus. Haha

ChiefGreyBush

Please correct me if I am mistaken.  It seems as though E.F.T. is the first installment of the game.  It seems that that the real game is "Russia 2028".  So with season pass(edge of darkness), this seems like a great deal.

Recontiger94
9 hours ago, ChiefGreyBush said:

Please correct me if I am mistaken.  It seems as though E.F.T. is the first installment of the game.  It seems that that the real game is "Russia 2028".  So with season pass(edge of darkness), this seems like a great deal.

No, EFT is it's own game. Russia 2028 is game that is slated to be single player, and is currently frozen until further notice.

Russia 2028 is also the universe name for the world that EFT, Contract Wars, and Russia 2028(The game) take place in.

Patfast
17 hours ago, Recontiger94 said:

No, EFT is it's own game. Russia 2028 is game that is slated to be single player, and is currently frozen until further notice.

Russia 2028 is also the universe name for the world that EFT, Contract Wars, and Russia 2028(The game) take place in.

No, Russia 2028 was EFT, but R2028 was scrapped and thus turned into EFT.

Project
3 hours ago, Patfast said:

No, Russia 2028 was EFT, but R2028 was scrapped and thus turned into EFT.

Not quite sure that's correct. Saw a thread in which some old gameplay from R2028 was shown asking for clarification between the two games. A developer went on to state exactly what @Recontiger94 stated, although I could be incorrect of course, so don't quote me on that.

• Upvote 1

Recontiger94
5 hours ago, Project said:

Not quite sure that's correct. Saw a thread in which some old gameplay from R2028 was shown asking for clarification between the two games. A developer went on to state exactly what @Recontiger94 stated, although I could be incorrect of course, so don't quote me on that.

You are correct. The Devs have confirmed this multiple times. They plan on picking Russia2028 again at some point. I had asked for a clearification on what it was slated to be, as was told exactly what I put in my original post.

ChiefGreyBush

My apologies.  I was under the notion that Russia 2028 and E.F.T. were all the same game in a way like "Star Citizen" and Squadron 42.  That Russia 2028 single player story to follow the E.F.T. multiplayer release sometime after the third quarter of 2017.  Thought I read that they where trying to follow the same type of release plan as Star Citizen.  Thought they pushed back single player campaign(russia2028), to focus on multiplayer(E.F.T.) first.  But all in all the same game.  Now, I am unsure at the moment.  Please verify for me.

Gingarboiii

hi all new to this forum and looking to get some feedback on a query,

with regards to the pre-order ( EOD Edition) I'm stuck in two minds of whether to wait for a beta release or grab one while I still can??

do we have a beta release date or rough guide to go with before I make the commitment and buy a game now that I could save money on in a month time for arguments sake.

thanks in advance

SnitchMoJo
5 minutes ago, Gingarboiii said:

hi all new to this forum and looking to get some feedback on a query,

with regards to the pre-order ( EOD Edition) I'm stuck in two minds of whether to wait for a beta release or grab one while I still can??

do we have a beta release date or rough guide to go with before I make the commitment and buy a game now that I could save money on in a month time for arguments sake.

thanks in advance

@Gingarboiii we dont have any date for the beta right now. Some  say that the Closed Beta will be Q1 of 2017 (Jan-March)
The devs are very talkative about the beta. They will launch the beta ''When we will have more content to offer''. THey are presently creating the Streets of Tarkov, which might be the map for beta test

• Upvote 1

Gingarboiii

@SnitchMoJo right ok thanks dude,

so really my best bet would be to consider buying the EOD key so that I don't have any dramas late on just in case there is a delay with beta etc.??

just want to make sure I am confident with what I am purchasing that's all.

plus spending £93 isn't exactly a small amount lol

SnitchMoJo
1 minute ago, Gingarboiii said:

@SnitchMoJo right ok thanks dude,

so really my best bet would be to consider buying the EOD key so that I don't have any dramas late on just in case there is a delay with beta etc.??

just want to make sure I am confident with what I am purchasing that's all.

plus spending £93 isn't exactly a small amount lol

Its 140$ here in Canada :) If my budget would allow me to buy the EOD pack, i would do it. You get insta- acces to Alpha + you are helping the devs to create this awesome game.

Gingarboiii

budget isn't a problem @SnitchMoJo its trying to keep it away from the GF finding out I spent that much on a video game haha.

no seriously though its not a cheap package and I just want to make sure that my money is going the right way that's all.

also that is not that much more than what it is here in England but thanks for your help its been much appreciated :)

TheSkera

im gonna buy the big pack when i get my vaication bonus. As i dont think i can fit in march paycheck budget xD Its a pretty steep pack in Denmark though, way more expensive than any other AAA game. If i wanna use paypal it flies into 153 €, if i use creditcard it is around 146€ due to VAT and payment handling.

I just wish they would allow anyone who bought into alpha to stream the game, so i could at least enjoy watching people play this radically cool game. The sounds, modifications to weapons, and general gear handling is mindblowingly awesome!

Undeadshadow166

Well Im happy with my EOD Purchase. im curious to see what the nametag is like. and if we get any additional cosmetics.