Very short SCAV runs?

paracelsus1981

Now it happened for the second time in a wow: I start a SCAV run and have literally only 15 minutes left. Is that normal? Never happened to me before.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DragonsLLTS

• paracelsus1981

• TarkovCitizen4431498

• defurbis

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imo this is how it should be. You are a scavenger, picking up the bits and pieces that have been left behind by the PMCs. Scavs should not spawn in at the start of a raid.

Just tried two. Both in the 12-15m range. I like it. You can't camp somewhere for PMCs but really have to scavenge for loot and get to the extract quickly. Still plenty of loot to be found in 12-15 mi

Since I start to play 8 months ago I scav on customs every day and I had almost 25 minuts, no one time less. Since yesterday every run on customs start at 12 minutes to the end. You can't say me that

Posted Images

Mekismo

Happens to me all the time when i try a scav on interchange, you spawn in with like 12-20 mins left, anything worth looting is gone then you are just left with the idiot scum bags that scav kill each other. Mostly pointless if you ask me! Literally as I type this I was just killed by a player scav out of nowhere 2 minutes before.

paracelsus1981
vor 3 Minuten schrieb gkcx2002:

What map? Times do vary. 

Customs. Never experienced this and now 3 times in a row. Smells fishy.

There is also the problem that offline raids feature no SCAVS for me anymore.

Edited by Ruecklicht
beddamischia

You again.. thanks for making a point for me. 
Scav's run may have any amount of time left, from full timer to just 2 minutes to raid end.. perfectly normal 

6 minutes ago, Ruecklicht said:

Customs. Never experienced this and now 3 times in a row. Smells fishy.

There is also the problem that offline raids feature no SCAVS for me anymore.

Scav raids are completely random, I have had everything from less than 5 minutes into the raid to only 8 minutes left, its no conspiracy against you specifically. 

If you are ensuring your settings are correct, and scavs aren't disabled, than no scavs offline sounds like some sort of bug. 

7 minutes ago, beddamischia said:

Scav's run may have any amount of time left, from full timer to just 2 minutes to raid end.. perfectly normal 

3 minutes ago, xCaZx said:

Scav raids are completely random, I have had everything from less than 5 minutes into the raid to only 8 minutes left, its no conspiracy against you specifically.

I get that the times vary, but up until they changed the scav AI on customs I never spawned with less than 30 minutes left on Customs. I've played 6 runs as scav on Customs today and all games have been with 15 minutes or less left. They definitely changed something to affect the time player scavs spawn in on Customs.

behi09ma
49 minutes ago, Ruecklicht said:

Now it happened for the second time in a wow: I start a SCAV run and have literally only 15 minutes left. Is that normal? Never happened to me before.

16 minutes ago, Zromak said:

I get that the times vary, but up until they changed the scav AI on customs I never spawned with less than 30 minutes left on Customs. I've played 6 runs as scav on Customs today and all games have been with 15 minutes or less left. They definitely changed something to affect the time player scavs spawn in on Customs.

tbh player scavs were spawning at the start of the raid on customs, which it should not be like that. now it looks normal.

Carro_Veloce

That's normal scavving on Interchange. On any other map? Maybe you're loading map and loading loot times are taking a longer time than average. That used to be my case before upgrading my pc.

gkcx2002
1 hour ago, behi09ma said:

tbh player scavs were spawning at the start of the raid on customs, which it should not be like that. now it looks normal.

I play my scav on customs a lot. I've had full timers a handful of times. From what I've been told its not uncommon to get a full timer on Customs as a scav. 

gkcx2002

I've never gotten less than 28 mins on customs. It's usually between 28 and 32 left on the clock. Factory which I play a lot is pretty consistent also. Somebody mentioned getting 2 mins left on the clock. That doesn't sound right. I've never heard of that. Makes no sense. 

I think it’s random, doesn’t matter though because in that late of a game I just loot bodies and get out.

Edited by 6owx
MarcBorgia

Its just random, customs i usually get between 30-42min. Interchange, hardly ever more than 12. Most other maps usually 20ish.

I believe player scavs will spwn 2min after the start and continue until 10min left. Ive never had much less than 11.

paracelsus1981

Okay tried it a fourth time and all is good. Got my usual 24 min. run. But the case with the missing SCAV in offline raids needs a separate thread maybe + video.

TarkovCitizen4431498

Imo this is how it should be. You are a scavenger, picking up the bits and pieces that have been left behind by the PMCs. Scavs should not spawn in at the start of a raid.

Edited by TarkovCitizen4431498
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
beddamischia
4 minutes ago, gkcx2002 said:

I've never gotten less than 28 mins on customs. It's usually between 28 and 32 left on the clock. Factory which I play a lot is pretty consistent also. Somebody mentioned getting 2 mins left on the clock. That doesn't sound right. I've never heard of that. Makes no sense. 

it happened to me a couple times, but it wasn't this wipe.. scav timers are now much more consistent than previously

paracelsus1981
vor 21 Minuten schrieb TarkovCitizen4431498:

Well but 10 minutes aren´t enough. I just did another one and it was again just 10 minutes. 4 of these 10 minute raids I got shot in the leg  right at the start and couldn´t even extract.

gkcx2002
44 minutes ago, beddamischia said:

it happened to me a couple times, but it wasn't this wipe.. scav timers are now much more consistent than previously

Good to hear. 2 min scav runs has to be a bug. 

GlomeRoaming

The no scavs on offline happens a lot but then I've had online raids when there's not even dead scavs around too. 

Personally I think scavs are the transient residents of these places and the PMC's move in, so they should be there from the get go. Annoying as it as times for questing  (unless you need scav kills).

Don't know, I'd be crying if I was engaged with a PMC within 5 mins and got lasered from god knows where by roboscav.  Happens anyway from time to time but yeah,  right after spawn has its frustrations too.

There has definitely been an update on the scav runs. they are all at the range of 10 to 12 minutes whilst they where 25-35 mins yesterday. i have only had raids now with 10-12 mins wtf is going on. and no dont tell me this is normal cuz its not.

COFFIN-DODGER
24 minutes ago, yasftw said:

There has definitely been an update on the scav runs. they are all at the range of 10 to 12 minutes whilst they where 25-35 mins yesterday. i have only had raids now with 10-12 mins wtf is going on. and no dont tell me this is normal cuz its not.

Attention! We are enabling new type of AI spawn on Customs locations (the same algorithm as on Interchange). The amount of Scav AI encounters should be increased. Please report any bugs related. Thanks! @news       https://discord.com/channels/521608697764380694/521645013277474826/806826408760311809

Edited by COFFIN-DODGER
  • Thanks 1
TarkovCitizen4431498

Just tried two. Both in the 12-15m range. I like it. You can't camp somewhere for PMCs but really have to scavenge for loot and get to the extract quickly. Still plenty of loot to be found in 12-15 minutes. 3 to 400k worth of stuff each time on a 0-risk character in such a short time is not bad.

spacer.png

• Upvote 3
Redbuffalo
10 hours ago, 6owx said:

I think it’s random, doesn’t matter though because in that late of a game I just loot bodies and get out.

That's great, you must never get server disconnects.  With less than 10 minutes on a map, with random spawns, 1 disco and you are probably screwed on extracting.  Of course, BSG servers are the greatest and never have any problems.

Redbuffalo
10 hours ago, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

If that's your take on it, then Scavs should spawn in after the PMCs have extracted and have the same or more time than the PMCs get to scavenge over the scraps.  I mean, if this was real life and my job was to scavenge poo after a battle I wouldn't go running into the area as the bullets are flying.