Scav on Scav violence

Hands down the dumbest thing in the game. Scav player on Scav player violence makes absolutely no sense. 

Lets see what do you actually gain from killing another Scav player as a Scav player.  

• A small amount of XP that mean absolutely nothing right now or maybe ever?!?
  • The slightest off chance you might find something on them you need. You are a SCAV go scavenge like the rest. 
  • You get a small joy from killing another Scav player, makes you feel all tough and strong. Go after a PMC player since your so tough.
  • You killing another Scav player perpetuates a cycle of dumbness that doesn't need to be there. Scav's are supposed to be that off faction that helps each other move forward.
Edited by Shukka
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
jockmcplop
41 minutes ago, Shukka said:

Hands down the dumbest thing in the game. Scav player on Scav player violence makes absolutely no sense. 

Lets see what do you actually gain from killing another Scav player as a Scav player.  

• The slightest off chance you might find something on them you need. You are a SCAV go scavenge like the rest. 
  • You get a small joy from killing another Scav player, makes you feel all tough and strong. Go after a PMC player since your so tough.
  • You killing another Scav player perpetuates a cycle of dumbness that doesn't need to be there. Scav's are supposed to be that off faction that helps each other move forward.

There is no choice but to kill other player scavs until there is some system in place to discourage it.

Say you're running to an exit on interchange. You see hear another player scav running behind you. What do you do? Well there's probably a 90% chance that the other scav will shoot you in the back, so the only sensible thing is to try and shoot first.

• Upvote 1
MeFirst

The biggest issue I see with Scav on Scav violence is the frequency it happens. I started playing the game again and in 5Scav runs, I was shot within a minute by another player Scav. 

1. Dont spawn player Scav's close to each other.

2. Put in mechanic that if you do enough offensive damage (shooting first) to all Scavs. AI Scavs will be hostile to you from the start.

30 minutes ago, jockmcplop said:

There is no choice but to kill other player scavs until there is some system in place to discourage it.

Say you're running to an exit on interchange. You see hear another player scav running behind you. What do you do? Well there's probably a 90% chance that the other scav will shoot you in the back, so the only sensible thing is to try and shoot first.

I agree, I just don't understand the mentality of most players. I myself just want to grab some loot and roll out. But you get these try hards and people that have no common sense or intellect just shooting everything they see, because they think it betters their game play. It is really disappointing that a lot of players have this attitude or mentality of killing every thing they see. 

jockmcplop
Just now, Shukka said:

I agree, I just don't understand the mentality of most players. I myself just want to grab some loot and roll out. But you get these try hards and people that have no common sense or intellect just shooting everything they see, because they think it betters their game play. It is really disappointing that a lot of players have this attitude or mentality of killing every thing they see. 

I would absolutely love doing scav runs if there was any hope of scavs teaming up to take on PMCs. 

It would transform the game, and also add some fun content for people who have levelled up all the way/finished the quests.

Scav gameplay as it is now is horribly unfinished, barely started really when you consider all the fun mechanics they could add.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, MeFirst said:

The biggest issue I see with Scav on Scav violence is the frequency it happens. I started playing the game again and in 5Scav runs, I was shot within a minute by another player Scav. 

1. Dont spawn player Scav's close to each other.

2. Put in mechanic that if you do enough offensive damage (shooting first) to all Scavs. AI Scavs will be hostile to you from the start.

Earlier this morning I was joining interchange as a scav, shortest game for me ever. 4 secs, another scav player, just happened to be going by when I spawned, bomb, dead. 

3 minutes ago, jockmcplop said:

I would absolutely love doing scav runs if there was any hope of scavs teaming up to take on PMCs. 

It would transform the game, and also add some fun content for people who have levelled up all the way/finished the quests.

Scav gameplay as it is now is horribly unfinished, barely started really when you consider all the fun mechanics they could add.

My friends and I do this on Reserve since we generally spawn in we 30-35 mins as Scavs. Sometimes we get PMC kills sometimes we don't, but when we play as a pack, we are always hunting PMC if we can. 

But I agree the Scav systems feels like some last minute implementation to the game. It needs a lot more work, hopefully they can work on this. But the Desync, bullet registrations hit problem, and of course the cheating needs to be addressed pronto. 

chrisragnar

There is an easy solution. Stay away from other player scavs. I don't know what you think you will gain from cooperation with randoms. Less loot because you have to share. 

If you kill a pmc together three scavs, how would you split that loot? I'm genuinely curious how you think forced cooperation is going to turn out.

There is already a lobby and squad feature if you want to cooperate. What els do you need..

Edited by chrisragnar
  • Upvote 1
MeFirst
vor 4 Minuten schrieb chrisragnar:

There is an easy solution. Stay away from other player scavs. I don't know what you think you will gain from cooperation with randoms. Less loot because you have to share. 

If you kill a pmc together three scavs, how would you split that loot? I'm genuinely curious how you think forced cooperation is going to turn out.

There is already a lobby and squad feature if you want to cooperate. What els do you need..

Nobody talks about "forced" cooperation or cooperation at all (grouping up is another thing). Its the fact that atm you have very high chances to spawn in as a Scav and die very quickly by another player Scav. That is bad design. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

Never said anything about cooperating or squading up with randoms. I only team up with friends when I do squad or run solo when scaving. I just don't understand the hard on for killing another Scav player. It just seems the dark demented frothing need to just kill far out weighs the benefit from killing a Scav player by like 10000 to 1, vs killing a PMC. 

Mekismo

This literally annoys the hell out of me, you don't see the AI scavs going after one another, so why do player scavs feel the need to do it. Should leave each other be to get on with scavenging for loot and killing any PMC's. 

They should just make it so that if you kill any scav (player or AI) as a scav you become tagged/cursed etc and then are KOS to all other scavs in the map and they come and hunt you.

• Like 1
Evilwayz

I see zero issue with Scav on Scav violence. 

1. I still do not recognize who is a Scav and who is a PMC, and every time I think someone is a Scav and I am safe they shoot me in the face.

2. That Scav might have looted some delicious things...I want it more than them.

3. This game is not supposed to be easy. Even as a Scav you will have to fight to take home loot.

4. This is a bit off topic, but I am still so annoyed that raiders will act friendly to me and then flip and blast me in the face for no reason I take out my annoyance on everyone else.

Everyone deserves to die.

• Upvote 1
Sloppy__Joe
4 hours ago, Shukka said:

Earlier this morning I was joining interchange as a scav, shortest game for me ever. 4 secs, another scav player, just happened to be going by when I spawned, bomb, dead. 

Or, can do what happened to me just now. Join a group of randos. Have two out of the four kill you and another random to, I assume, loot your stuff and then extract with just that.

Gemacko

as a player scav you need to shoot all other players scavs before they shoot you. If you don't shoot them they will shoot you. I have never ran into another player scav that doesn't want to kill me

Xeraphas
10 hours ago, Shukka said:

Scavs are literally bandits and cutthroat people who wouldn't leave the area after the disaster in tarkov. Scavs will kill to survive or steal. Literally a whole bunch of quests are based around shady deals and killers. 

Scav on scav violence literally makes a lot of sense. If scav on scav violence doesn't make sense then why don't all the scavs and pmcs just work together and make the world a better place? Just go play an emergency services sim if you don't like it.

Chinjangs
9 hours ago, jockmcplop said:

I believe this is under development currently, Nikita has made a statement 11 days ago which states that they are "Working on the first iteration of Scav Karma". I speculated the Scav Karma stated might be a system designed to help scav team up and discouraging scav players from killing each other. 

I think it's a matter of time until the Scav style of playing would change, I'd say we should embrace the current style before it's all going to be gone!

Happy hunting fellow scav players! (jkjk) :D

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Xeraphas said:

Scavs are literally bandits and cutthroat people who wouldn't leave the area after the disaster in Tarkov. Scavs will kill to survive or steal. Literally a whole bunch of quests are based around shady deals and killers. 

Scav on scav violence literally makes a lot of sense. If scav on scav violence doesn't make sense then why don't all the scavs and pmcs just work together and make the world a better place? Just go play an emergency services sim if you don't like it.

Then if that was the case, the Scav AI would be killing each other. Also in war torn nations where similar things have happened, you don't see these "Scavengers" killing each other rather they join up as a group and defend each other. Then when they get enough supplies they eventually become "Freedom Fighters". 

• Like 1
Xeraphas
15 minutes ago, Shukka said:

Then if that was the case, the Scav AI would be killing each other. Also in war torn nations where similar things have happened, you don't see these "Scavengers" killing each other rather they join up as a group and defend each other. Then when they get enough supplies they eventually become "Freedom Fighters". 

They are the ones living in groups so get in a group in que. The raiders are supposed to kill normal ai scav but idk what ever happened to that change because it was supposed to happen a while ago.

Wtf are you talking about "people haven't killed each other in war torn nations"? Of course people have killed each other in areas of the world that are messed up. Some people when they get enough supplies irl become a gang and will literally take stuff from people regularly or kill them. There is of course more of a reason not to kill people irl but you will never be able to change that in game because you respawn.

• 2 weeks later...
TheBoysNoGood
On 2/7/2021 at 2:42 PM, Shukka said:

i like scav mode.. the random aspect of gear you get. i would play it instead of pmc if i could get the skillls ,exp and other stuff

-CosmiK-

I totally agree with this thread, and i'm pleased to see that devs are actually trying to do something about that.

Despite the violence inherent to any war game, this game used to provide very refreshing gameplay, not only because the main goal of any run is to extract, and not to kill everyone (or being the last player alive), but also because player scavs, and PMC players from the same faction could randomly ally and run along.

Although this karma system feels like a very good idea to me, for both scavs and PMCs. I also know it may have limited impact on the problem since being tagged and cursed "only" leads to a bit more hardcore PMC gameplay. I think that improving the out of combat behaviour could improve things greatly, since scav player would think twice to engage their fellow IA partners if they all stick together in the same room, or move without stopping each minute, stupidly standing on the beach of scav island.

• Like 1
Lunat1cX

Why should the devs be trying to prevent scav on scav violence? This is a combat simulator, not some pve crap that yall are fantasizing here about. Nobody is forcing you to play as a scav either, so if you don't like it when other player scavs are killing you for your loot then don't scav.

• Sad 1
19 hours ago, Lunat1cX said:

Why should the devs be trying to prevent scav on scav violence? This is a combat simulator, not some pve crap that yall are fantasizing here about. Nobody is forcing you to play as a scav either, so if you don't like it when other player scavs are killing you for your loot then don't scav.

You statement brought absolutely zero to the table of this discussion. First and foremost you are incorrect about the PVE part, Nikita mentioned early on, that the direction that they want the game to go in is PVE with some PVP. This is why they are adding story quest lines in the game which are currently being worked on. They are planning to add an Arena style system to the game for full on PVP. Second, the point of scavs is not to be killing everything they see, but looting everything they can find. For a Scav their first priority would be to find as much valuables as possible and getting out alive. Killing for a scav should only be in a state of protecting ones life. If your case was correct then the Scav AI should be trying to shoot both PMCs and Scav Players. 

You only find that Bosses and Raiders are of the difference, because they are basically ex Bear/USEC, so they view every real player as an enemy. The main aspect of the game is a survival looter shooter, not a kill everything that moves last man standing game. If you want that go play Fortnite or PubG. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, -CosmiK- said:

I totally agree with this thread, and i'm pleased to see that devs are actually trying to do something about that.

Despite the violence inherent to any war game, this game used to provide very refreshing gameplay, not only because the main goal of any run is to extract, and not to kill everyone (or being the last player alive), but also because player scavs, and PMC players from the same faction could randomly ally and run along.

Although this karma system feels like a very good idea to me, for both scavs and PMCs. I also know it may have limited impact on the problem since being tagged and cursed "only" leads to a bit more hardcore PMC gameplay. I think that improving the out of combat behaviour could improve things greatly, since scav player would think twice to engage their fellow IA partners if they all stick together in the same room, or move without stopping each minute, stupidly standing on the beach of scav island.

I agree on the Karma system. It won't change anything, unless it is detrimental to the player at hand. Which can have a bad impact on the players themselves. But if it is basically a slap on the wrist kind of response, nothing will change the current events in the game. 

As you mentioned about the out of combat behavior could have a huge impact on this issue, if done correctly if say it is  apart of the Karma system. I guess time will tell and when we get to see this Karma system in action. 

• Like 1
ShidWidley
On 2/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, Lunat1cX said:

people like you are exactly why BSG is implementing a karma system tho. I'm not trying to insult, i'm just being real. i feel its safe to assume you're the player scav that shoots everything that moves lol

• Like 1