Can people in Australia play with others in the US?

Riverlox

I am in the US and I have a friend in Australia, he is thinking about getting the game if we can play together. Is that possible?

Because of the ping restriction I'm not sure that you will be able to team up with him in the game, or you could team up but one of you will be booted from the game.

I will not say to your friend to buy the game in order to be disappointed after. But if he really like the game, then he should buy it.

This game allows you to make new friends (keeping the older ones for the other games).

They are working constantly to the netcode. If the netcode will be improved, I guess they will rise the bit by bit the ping restrictions.

There is high-ping kicker at either 120 or 150ms and 25% packet loss tresshold, which is probably lower than what you will actually get with him and one of you will get kicked. As Xarc says, he should buy it for himself, if he likes it. 

• 7 months later...

Absolutely DO NOT buy this game if you want to play with a friend that is not within the same city limits as you. They have a ping kicker for anything above 160 ms and still the desync is terrible for supposed "non-laggers." Their "fix" didnt work and now instead of stopping desync exploiters they just have the massive disadvantage of preventing friends from playing the game.
This game is as boring as scraping paint off a wall if you play alone.

FYI, this comment is for those thinking of buying this "game." Do not, you will be disappointed.

39 minutes ago, Sacker_23 said:

if you want to play with a "virtual and presumed" friend

Fixed a little. You should go more outside of the house to get/have real friends.

My advice ... don't make friends if you can't touch their hands.

Edited by Xarc