Punishment for teamkilling at spawn?

PsychoPaul988

I tried to play with random players for the first time after reaching level 12 and was killed twice by the squad mates that invited me. One was Firewall154 and the second time was by a guy named VcPirate. The first time I was killed was 7 seconds into the raid and the second was 3 seconds into the raid. The forums are full of these type of topics. There is no clear answer from Devs. What is going to happen to teamkillers farming players and ruining the public squad system? For a multiplayer game like this one you would like this would not be an issue. 

• Like 1

yeah that is poo and all and because of that, i would never play with people from a forum. there are discordservers, those people wont try that kind of stunt, because they would get a perma-ban. so friendly advice: dont play with random people, because people are toxic in the anonymus www.

On 2/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, PsychoPaul988 said:

I tried to play with random players for the first time after reaching level 12 and was killed twice by the squad mates that invited me. One was Firewall154 and the second time was by a guy named VcPirate. The first time I was killed was 7 seconds into the raid and the second was 3 seconds into the raid. The forums are full of these type of topics. There is no clear answer from Devs. What is going to happen to teamkillers farming players and ruining the public squad system? For a multiplayer game like this one you would like this would not be an issue. 

Okay, so you have been killed once. And apparently joined them once more, and they killed you again. So, why even join in with them the second time?🤷‍♂️

Edited by PyroYoda

• 7 months later...

yes always blame the victim... bs

it should mirror back tk damage 2x for shooting players on your own team at spawn to obviously farm gear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 9:40 PM, ricacov said:

Or don't play with randoms, when you see someone irl carring a gun in the streets you should befriend him, what could go wrong?

Dude, this is not "finding someone on the street carrying a gun and befriending him," the OP is essentially suggesting that when PMCs group up to enter a raid together, there is a penalty for breaking that contract. Which IS something that would happen "IRL."

Even in Roadside Picnic, one of the CLEAR inspirations for this game, when Red takes new Stalkers into The Zone with him (knowing they will likely die without him lifting a finger and THEN he will take whatever they brought in with them) he isn't immediately shooting them in the head, instead they are useful bait or pack mules for him.

The OP isn't asking that the other player be punished for *letting him die,* but for essentially signing a contract and breaking it immediately.

Another solution to stop "abuse" like this is to split all equipment and loot (secure containers exempted) between the grouped players EVENLY but RANDOMLY upon extract if one or more is killed by friendly fire unless they are friends in game (in which case it seems fair to assume it's an accident). The abuser in this case would have essentially a 50/50 chance of losing their most valuable in-raid possessions by betraying their "buddy," and since this usually happens to lower-level and presumably less geared players the odds of making a profit seem fairly slim. This could still be circumvented rather easily, for example by trying to run into the path of your partner's bullets, but "don't friend people you aren't friends with" is a much easier pill to swallow than "don't press the buttons that are in the game explicitly for you to press," and ending up with 50% after the raid is "infinity times" better than ending up with 0% if you look at the math.

EDIT:
At least tell each player what % of the time their potential partner has TK'd. "That Guy" would have a bad rep around town, and you'd know about it.

TLDR: This seems like a reasonable complaint, as grouping up is similar to signing a contract. The punishment shouldn't be incredibly easy to abuse, and TKing should be punished less than dying to accommodate accidents. That is possible without a very complex system in place.

Edited by blargfarger
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, blargfarger said:

The OP isn't asking that the other player be punished for *letting him die,* but for essentially signing a contract and breaking it immediately.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this comment. 

5 hours ago, blargfarger said:

Dude, this is not "finding someone on the street carrying a gun and befriending him," the OP is essentially suggesting that when PMCs group up to enter a raid together, there is a penalty for breaking that contract. Which IS something that would happen "IRL."

There is no contract at this game. There is no fair play screen like they recently put on another game pictured below. There is no fair play text on license agreement. You trust random strangers or you don't. And in fact, since you said "IRL", how many cops or military are killed by "friendly fire" and nothing happens to the murderer. You and yourself only decided, out of your head, that a contract exists. And honestly, joining a local discord is not that hard.

image.png.cab345f3149005ff5ca92725cafb196a.png

image.png.08ac05b6a5d8237c9f81f4817816f3a0.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

yeah this is ridiculous, i started playing because I wanted a decent break from the regular fps'ses that are forced down our throats on steam and the like. it's as simple as eliminating team damage. anyone who suggests otherwise obviously wants in on this farming.

just bought the game about 30 hours ago, this has happened twice. there is no excuse for it, and it's pretty obvious from the reddit and the posts like this one that this community is not just toxic but is thriving on that toxicity.

If I could refund I would. I cant, so I will just uninstall it, cut my losses, and go back to fair and balanced games that punish team killing. I am really disappointed that you, the developers, allow this to happen. Very sad.

As far as I'm concerned if you're teamkilling, your ability to invite someone to a group should be removed for a week+ after x amount of teamkills in a set time.

• Upvote 1

I really hate when people come up with reasons to justify teamkilling. It's really easy to get your money back. I would just contact your card issuer/bank. For me it was a credit card company, and I filed a dispute, because I was technically charged before the transaction was actually complete (which was super sketchy). I was credited all of the money I spent on the game (temporarily), while the CC company tried to get a response from BSG (shocking, they did not respond). The temporary credit was just made final the other day, since the CC company waited like 60+ days for a response, and received nothing. So it is well worth your time to skip the BSG support, and go straight to your method of payment and open a case/file a dispute for an unauthorized charge (in my case), or some other valid reason like not receiving the content, or receiving corrupt content (which may be different for others since I had zero time and could barely get the game to work on my computer, plus I was completely sketched by the premature charging of my card before I authorized it). Was contacted by an automatic fraud prevention phone call and text before I even clicked confirm. Overall, stinks you're dealing with team killing but I hope you find this info helpful :)

Edited by chickenNUMMIES
FRICKIN TYPO