Official graphic setting for unlocking FPS

Hello!

I suggest that Battlestate Games expand on the FPS limit, allowing us to set it to higher values. This would be better than the work-around (enable v-sync in EFT and disable in Nvidia). Here are some reasons:

1. The work around breaks lobby FPS limit setting. My computer fans are always running at high speed when my fullscreen application is active, even if I'm just watching the main menu. I don't need 300 FPS in the menues.

2. G-sync requires a FPS limit slightly below your monitors refresh rate to work efficiently. Currently we have to limit ourselves to 120 FPS (even if you have 165 or 240 Hz monitor) or use a third-party program in combination with EFT.

I tried to search for previous topics but most topics with the "fps" tag was about fps drops or other things. Has Battlestate Games made a comment on this? What do you guys think?

Best regards,

Worr

itsbamf

Limiting the FPS is to make the game a little more fair for everyone, it is not the same a person who plays at 60 FPS than another person at 120.

Edited by itsbamf
LELOtheBear
2 hours ago, itsbamf said:

Limiting the FPS is to make the game a little more fair for everyone, it is not the same a person who plays at 60 FPS than another person at 120.

Let's just lock fps to 60 then, so people who couldn't afford 144hz monitor don't feel affected by an unfair advantage.

@worr- actually made a good point, there's a 120fps limit for some reason, why shouldn't we raise it up to 144? it's almost unnoticeable for the average player but it feels like you can't use the full potential of the monitor you paid for

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 2:53 PM, itsbamf said:

It is already possible to unlock your FPS. Everyone who pushes their advantages with high end systems will already unlock their FPS.

This topic is about Escape From Tarkov not pushing my system when I'm idling in the menues. After all, the game has a good amount of content outside of matches compared to a normal shooter.

Edited by worr-