MINIMAL RARE LOOT RECENTLY

S4WT00TH

So this is an inquiry to all of your experiences as of late. I used to be able to find LEDX and graphics cards nearly every raid. I run shoreline and i do go in with kits and prepared to fight my way out and the past 2 weeks or so i make it to the resort and hit my desired rooms first ( E110, E216, ETC) and probably 1/10 raids i actually get something worth a damn. sometimes no ledx or GPU, just some little stimulant or weapon part thats like kind of useful. I'm not always going in looking for a fight and its frustrating when i go in and battle it out with other players and they have nothing of value and i just used all my expensive ammo and only recuperate a tiny fraction of what i spent on it leaving empty handed as far as map loot goes. this game needs to find the balance between what its focusing on. Either there is gonna be high spawn rates of valuables in certain locations and PvP is optional, or better rewards are to be given for PvP. Im a 44. and while yes there is way to make money within my hideout, this just becomes too routine and boring and just leaves me looking for PvP only which often isnt worth it in the long run. killing lower levels with shitty gear and even trying to sell it, isnt worth the meds, the ammo, the repairs, the food, the water, and the risk of me losing my loadout. if i cant make it out with something of value, then whats the point of looting?

• Like 3

i should also note, as i didnt make it clear, that this is happening on other maps with normal rare items locations. they seem to be greatly reduced and this makes the game kind of feel like a grind for nothing. i might as well just start doing hatchet runs. no risk, and apparently theres no reward.

I agree with you 100%. I don't have a good pc at all so I only run shoreline as it seems to run the smoothest for me. I do a lot(A ton) of pistol runs every day to get money to afford kits. Over the last 2 weeks or so the loot has been horrible. I can do 15 raids without seeing so much as a tetriz. I could not agree more with your statement "It seems like a grind for nothing." I love the game but this percentage based loot chance is horrible for the average gamer. It really makes the game worthless to play. For that reason I will definitely not being playing as much until things have changed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lol ledx every raid?

Tons of pistol runs to afford kits?

What kits are you running boy? I get running the occasional low gear when you just need to finish a quest. But what kind of kits are you running if you have to make tons of raids to afford them?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

100% Agreed, 2400 hours in this game and all I see now is empty maps, people are so scared these days to lose gear that they rather wait 1 hour in a corner for someone to pass at a high tier loot spawn.. The few people I see that still move around are low level geared players that have nothing to lose. 

Paid 2,5mil for a reserve key, and nothing even spawns in that rooms.. if you are lucky there is 1 box of pistol ammo, or 1-2 grenades.. amazing. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bloodgod said:

Paid 2,5mil for a reserve key, and nothing even spawns in that rooms.. if you are lucky there is 1 box of pistol ammo, or 1-2 grenades.. amazing. 

Thanks for purchasing my key :)

Personnaly, at the very beggining of the wipe I found 4 GPU on interchange in a single raid, couldn't even pick up the 4th (stupid limit)

Seems like you can get 10 crap raids in a row, and out of nowhere the 11th will be golden.

RNGs sucks, wether for quests or progression in general.

PvP isn't worth a damn and isn't rewarding or worth the risk.

Everything is a grind and takes too long to the point where it doesn't reward the time you spend.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@chrisragnar Ya lol.....every raid that im first to those rooms. was usually at least 1 guaranteed rare item. ive done probably 10+ raids between yesterday and today to shoreline, specifically hunting ledx or gpu and i have come out with nothing. and purchasing primo ammo to compete with any respectable player is expensive let alone using it on scavs or low level players just to extract with some pineapple juice and an ifak. something has definitely changed. thanks for the confirmation boys.

This encourages only more illegal RMT currency buying and cheaters.. not sure how normal players will benefit from that.. 
Guess we be rocking the mosin and akm forever.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Seems to me there's another issue at hand here. You shouldn't need to do pistol runs. Just picking up regular loot should keep you afloat. What kind of backpacks are you guys running during regular raids? Berkuts? Try using blackjack 50/raid backpacks and the money will start flowing.

You will get the investment for the more expensive backpack back in one raid.  (take only items that are >10k per slot)

Example of minimum earnings:
20k Berkut  = 20 slots = 200k per raid
60k Blackjack 50 = 42 slots = 420k per raid
80k Raid backpack = 48 slots = 480k per raid

If you extract once with a blackjack full of stuff you can buy nearly 6 new ones via the barter with the money you earned.
And this is just a bare minimum usually you will find also items that are >20k per slot.

Add a large rig and you are easily earning 1m per raid by just playing the game normally.

Most of my friends who keep running small backpacks stay poor (<20m). Everyone who uses big backpacks is always >100m. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

Seems to me there's another issue at hand here. You shouldn't need to do pistol runs. Just picking up regular loot should keep you afloat. What kind of backpacks are you guys running during regular raids? Berkuts? Try using blackjack 50/raid backpacks and the money will start flowing.

You will get the investment for the more expensive backpack back in one raid.  (take only items that are >10k per slot)

If you extract once with a blackjack full of stuff you can buy nearly 6 new ones via the barter with the money you earned.
And this is just a bare minimum usually you will find also items that are >20k per slot.

Add a large rig and you are easily earning 1m per raid by just playing the game normally.

Most of my friends who keep running small backpacks stay poor (<20m). Everyone who uses big backpacks is always >100m. 

ever thought of reading what's written before posting random advices that are completely off topic?

This topic has NOTHING to do with money problems and staying afloat -_-

OP litterally said in his first post that he's fed up of using top of the end gear and not breaking even when targetting high tier loot areas.

When he's going to resort you expect him to clear every single room just to fill his backpack with crap?

If you spend 1+Mil on a key you expect to make some return on investment at some point, and not after 100 raids

What's the point of going into high traffic areas full of meta chads if the loot is garbage

Edited by Shibre93100
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, chrisragnar said:

Lol ledx every raid?

Tons of pistol runs to afford kits?

What kits are you running boy? I get running the occasional low gear when you just need to finish a quest. But what kind of kits are you running if you have to make tons of raids to afford them?

Who you calling a boy bud? Some of us don't survive often so even if I run a good kit, there is a good chance I'll lose it. Lastly, It's impossible explaining that to some people. Those "people" just don't get it.

Bsg listens to a very small group of people and those people are typically streamers and other folk that play the game 10hrs a day 6 days a week so they dont come across the issue of not being able to find what the need in a timely manner. What takes casual players weeks to obtain takes the others days. So the people that play 10/6 cutie and complain so then bsg makes a little more difficult for them but much more for casual players. It wouldnt be so bad if each round of the game didnt take an hr or more to complete. From the time you turn your game on, to completeing your first raid and being ready for the second easily can take an hr and half. So most people that are lucky to get 2 hrs a day to play if that are lucky to get in 1 productive raid.

The other thing that really screwed up the balance was connecting bitcoin to RL. Should of stayed a standard 168k and flea-able. Now any bitcoin barter for bitcoin is pointless and they had to destroy the balance of everything just so everyone wouldnt become billionaires .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/9/2021 at 12:28 PM, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

Ya im not necessarily too keen on combing every corner of the map to fill a giant backpack with garbage. ive taken in duffle bags and come out with a couple million rubles with the higher tier items. the problem im referencing is the fact that these high tier locations arent spawning high tier loot nearly as often. so the mad rush to these locations only to kill pistol runners and occasionally other geared players (risking my expensive loadout) is only forcing PvP in this area with minimal reward.

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 2:37 AM, S4WT00TH said:

i should also note, as i didnt make it clear, that this is happening on other maps with normal rare items locations. they seem to be greatly reduced and this makes the game kind of feel like a grind for nothing. i might as well just start doing hatchet runs. no risk, and apparently theres no reward.

I said this almost 2 yeara ago on reddit. 310 and other resort key rooms got a massive nerf when they released Interchange. For example old 310 had 5 loose loot money/rare loot spawns which would ALWAYS spawn something in each spot even if it wasn't exactly that valueble (chains, or other useless "rare" items), it then got a nerf then only spawned 3 of those loose loot spawns every time. Now there is a 0-3 chance of spots spawning anything. The 310 room went from a very good room to hit up on a key run to rarely being worth opening. I have seen resort runs where a chad group skip the room altogether. 

This isn't a new thing. Every time something changes in the game based on loot they nerf areas or loot pools so heavily it is hard to keep track of how the economy of the game will work. Customs use to have good loot in dorms, Shoreline comes out then customs loot gets nerfed heavily. Interchange comes out, Shoreline gets a huge nerf to loose loot and all weapon boxes see a loot table % value change. Labs comes out and interchange sees another nerf to overall loot along with other maps. Reserve comes out and tech loot gets nerfed multiple times, scav loot also sees a change in this patch also(which is something that always seems to have been overlooked by the community!!! from a 20-80k ruble value average per scav to 3-20k ruble average). Ground caches are added, duffel bags get large nerf to loot spawn chance inside them. 

Doesn't matter what they add it makes them shadow nerf loot in other areas. It is like they use new things to hide the changes of spawning stuff in. 

The artificial changes they keep making to RNG of loot is really hurting the games economy and they keep saying they want a player run economy but they really don't want that. I don't either really since players are incredibly dumb at economic control and constantly screw things up. If you don't believe me look at the Cylon battery, people keep the average sell price at 53k rubles, you can sell it to therapist for 53K... To put the item up on the flea you pay 3k rubles with max intel on hideout. That alone should explain why proper balancing on spawn rates and RNG need to be kept instead of constantly lowering it while also adding NEW items to the game. 

Edited by Volcanus

Nobody said it would be easy. Tarkov is a harsh land.

I agree high value loot does seem a little rarer lately but I actually think it's a good thing, life should be tough in Tarkov.

Have a look at the rest of the game, does it look to you like BSG are making a game that's highly set with billionaires and an opulent population?

I think I understand what BSG are getting at with EFT,  It's a bleak land and the pickings are slim, poverty is high, prosperity is low, rare items are rare, ammo is expensive, life is super tough, just getting enough food in your belly can be tough.

I'm pretty sure you're going to find that life will only get tougher and tougher in Tarkov as the game gets closer to release.

IMHO I think it's a great thing, there's no other game like it. But that's just my opinion and then, I do love a good challenge ;)

• Upvote 1