Jump to content

Please increase the ping limit...


KuroBoi
 Share

Recommended Posts

I honestly cannot play with my overseas friends because of the 150 ping limit, i do understand there might be desync and such, but put it at least at 250 or 300 ping limit, because my friends cannot play in EU (they are from the US) servers since they reach 160 of ping and then they get disconnected, it's not really enjoyable a game like this, blocking from playing and helping your friends, also because they are low levels and i want to boost and help them with the game... I cannot even play on US servers for the same problem.

Please increase the ping limit to 250 or 200... Let some people having fun and playing with each other at least, thanks..

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No. I would appreciate if they even lower it further. Your 150-200 ms even more increase the already wanky desync situation and make it more unplayable for everyone else. If you have constant ping problems you are in no good shape for a fps pvp shooter anyway, so why make it worse for everyone else?

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/12/2021 at 5:15 PM, Kenpachi1985 said:

No. I would appreciate if they even lower it further. Your 150-200 ms even more increase the already wanky desync situation and make it more unplayable for everyone else. If you have constant ping problems you are in no good shape for a fps pvp shooter anyway, so why make it worse for everyone else?

The thing i mean, at least make it playable for people who wants to play with friends in other servers, i know it will increase the desync and such, but that just makes it impossible to play with friends which it might be the only reason for a person to buy the game and support the developers such as playing with friends, or figure something out to play with friends like increasing by a bit the ping limit when you are in a squad with friends in a oversea server and such, i convinced some friends of mine to buy EFT but some of them are having problems because of the ping limit and that's just a bit sad, after all it's just a game made to play with friends too (which we all know one of the most reasons to buy EFT is to play with friends).

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can totally understand you, but in a shooter game, good ping is crucial for a good gameplay. Remember, its not only your ping, its also the enemies ping. So by having you guys at 150-200 and the other players around 50-200, you already have a huge desync basis of around 200-400ms, which gets increased by networking stuff on the game servers aswell. There is a reason why there are strict ping limitations in almost every shooter game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

I can totally understand you, but in a shooter game, good ping is crucial for a good gameplay. Remember, its not only your ping, its also the enemies ping. So by having you guys at 150-200 and the other players around 50-200, you already have a huge desync basis of around 200-400ms, which gets increased by networking stuff on the game servers aswell. There is a reason why there are strict ping limitations in almost every shooter game.

Yee, i absolutely understand that but i think 200 would be the best or as i said making something specific for who play with friends in a oversea server and such, because we get 160 ms and the limit is 160 or 150, i do understand about the desync but it's also rare to see a players having desync, it's kind of rare or at least in my experience it happened only few times, even if i die because of it i wouldn't get so mad, it's normal since it's an online game, but 150 ms limit makes it impossible to play with overseas friends, afterall if you die in a raid because of desync it's not a huge waste, you won't lose any real money or such, it's just a game after all, but ye, 200 ms i think it would be the best thing since pretty much everybody does get 160 ms if they play in oversea server, as Zeltrax3000 suggested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive been crying about this for almost a year... but.. since the game wont even install without erroring about about some checksum error... duck EM. they wont change it... they dont care... Hell they dont even care if their game cant install properly.. why would they care about your ping issues. They have your money, that is good enough for them.

Ya nikita im salty... Stop trying to devise new and ever inventive ways to troll your players and FIX what you have!

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2021 at 6:36 PM, KuroBoi said:

I honestly cannot play with my overseas friends because of the 150 ping limit, i do understand there might be desync and such, but put it at least at 250 or 300 ping limit, because my friends cannot play in EU (they are from the US) servers since they reach 160 of ping and then they get disconnected, it's not really enjoyable a game like this, blocking from playing and helping your friends, also because they are low levels and i want to boost and help them with the game... I cannot even play on US servers for the same problem.

Please increase the ping limit to 250 or 200... Let some people having fun and playing with each other at least, thanks..

I play with EU players quite often and we seem to have luck with east coast US servers and the London server. I have junk DSL and can usually maintain about a 140ping on the London server. It randomly spikes and I might get disconnected every now and then but its not usually to bad. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...

This. Please. I literally am not playing Tarkov because all my friends are from NA/EU and I can't play with any of them. I bought this game, I expect to be able to at LEAST play on NA West from Australia. I get 170 ping. Why is that unacceptable? I even own EOD edition. Why not increase ping limits for higher tier accounts? That or just remove the damn marketplace.

 

This is not the kind of game you play solo nor do I want to. I want to play a game I purchased with my damn friends. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to be able to play with my partner from NA East to Australia Vic with no ping gameplay issues for either of us. We reinstalled the game tonight to find we cannot play due to this change. It's stopping people from playing together long distance; we hope to see this changed in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, iamUglie said:

I used to be able to play with my partner from NA East to Australia Vic with no ping gameplay issues for either of us. We reinstalled the game tonight to find we cannot play due to this change. It's stopping people from playing together long distance; we hope to see this changed in the future.

You might be able to check the server list in the launcher and find one US west or some other OCE server <150. Other than that - all I can say is I feel your pain, this change was made years ago and cut me off from my RU/UA Clan who I played with daily. It's super cringe that some people (probably very young or very random people) are so sweaty over a game like this, that 200ms ping is "Unplayable". 200ms would allow me to play on servers with my friends, and little boys who want to geek out can just - only select servers with the lowest ping. They get what they want, I get what I want, and I still get head-eyes by locals first because my latency doesn't give me any advantage at all. Win - Win -Win. For everyone.

Either way - I am pretty sure that the limits had mot much to do with giving these nerds the "best" experience possible ... I'll leave it at that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Yes please.  I would very much support raising the ping limit to 200.  It's been impossible to play with my friends overseas for over a year now.  Would be nice to be able to play with the people that introduced me to the game every now and then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lol we Aussies are neglected since the ping change, 1 server, no other servers to join, even with 200 Ping best we got is Japan and Seoul, 250 would be great access to 2 American servers and nothin more. But hey unplayable right........ I play with many of mates from around the world I am the only one with 350-400 ping is it great no not really delayed actions and very stuttery gameplay but guess what games those of which I play, Squad, Hell let Loose, a few MMO's, VR games etc. But hey unplayable right? yeah for me most of the time. Push comes to shove I am asking for extra servers yeah probs, would it be smart to read issues in the community yeah maybe, should the Americans tone down the supremist screw your 50 ping its too high rubbish lol, yes cause we don't all have direct to satellite Intranet. Either a adjusted ping limit or maybe just play on servers with low traffic EU and US have a plethora of servers if your one of the unlucky ones share a word and push for some damn server choices who actually want to play games with mates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No. Even with the current limit, there are still people who abuse lag to push you from around the corner. Ever wondered why some streamers cover the upper right corner of their screen, where the ping is displayed? Yup, they're either playing on a far away server or are lagswitching.

IMO ping limit should be further reduced, to somethin like 120 or even 100.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, XSVsam said:

lol we Aussies are neglected since the ping change, 1 server, no other servers to join, even with 200 Ping best we got is Japan and Seoul, 250 would be great access to 2 American servers and nothin more. But hey unplayable right........ I play with many of mates from around the world I am the only one with 350-400 ping is it great no not really delayed actions and very stuttery gameplay but guess what games those of which I play, Squad, Hell let Loose, a few MMO's, VR games etc. But hey unplayable right? yeah for me most of the time. Push comes to shove I am asking for extra servers yeah probs, would it be smart to read issues in the community yeah maybe, should the Americans tone down the supremist screw your 50 ping its too high rubbish lol, yes cause we don't all have direct to satellite Intranet. Either a adjusted ping limit or maybe just play on servers with low traffic EU and US have a plethora of servers if your one of the unlucky ones share a word and push for some damn server choices who actually want to play games with mates.

Hey man coming from an american this ping limit poo is complete BS! Its a vocal minority of people that whine when people have over 100 ping because they can't accept the fact that someone could be better than them. Its literally a video game, and you are telling a group of i can garuntee 10% of your investors (and almost def much more id wager) that after the fact they can now no longer play the game with the people the bought the game to play with, its braindead. played this game for so long and they randomly did this poo cause of some whiney babies, and now people that want to play a VIDEO GAME with their friends cannot because they want to be sweaty on a game that you cant even win ducking money on. its not even a tournie game. literally just a roguelike shooter. you are meant to die!

all that + ive played all the time with 200+ ping with my friend on tarkov and was not at all any better or worse than i am now playing on the 30 ping servers. That poo had zero affect on my performance in either direction, and id love to see some sort of proof that shows people having an advantage on tarkov because their ping is 250. 

Edited by RhodesGold
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I previously lived in South Africa and played on EU servers for years with ~180 ping and it was great! I recently moved to Spain and now I cannot play with my friends in South Africa! Please change it to 200, at least! It sucks not being able to play with my friends at the moment!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...