Scavs need fixing ASAP!

Atish89

I understand that scavs should pose a threat, and not just target dummies, but this is f*ing ridiculous. I'm posting this because i have a whole gallery of footage like this, vepr hunter and shotgun scavs. At this point i'm just as scared as a basic scav like a raider or Killa. They shouldn't insta lock on me when using one of the, if not the most silent sniper in the game, proneing in the tall grass. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Evilwayz

I do not fully agree with you here.

1. He did not see you until after you shot.

2. Yes he did insta kill you with a head tap, but you also shot and proceeded to not move at all with no cover. You should be shooting and moving.

It is not that difficult to understand that the AI is very deadly and not to shoot at them unless you have close cover. I know if I shoot at an AI and do not kill them I need cover immediately after or I am dead. Seems to me you just need to learn how to fight against the AI. They are super easy to play against if you know what you are doing current day. You just have to be careful. 

• Sad 4
  • Upvote 1
Slav_the_bone

No weapon is silent with an encounter as close as that one. 

But honestly if you go in with a Helmet+visor and level 3 or higher armor its hard to die to scavs. In fact it will take alot of shots for them to kill you. 

The head,eyes tap happens like 1 of 100 encounters.

• Sad 2
kennyream66

hahahahaha what a terrible post. You literally missed your sideways shot and expected to live while you are prone on a hill? Your gun was not silent. It was quieter than a stock version yes. This scav the bone guy is clearly a noob if he thinks it's 1/100 for a scav to head eyes us lol. At the end of the day you made some very horrible plays here. You missed your shot, you were in a terrible spot, you didn't move position after shooting an AI that has auto aim.....

• Sad 1
Atish89
7 hours ago, kennyream66 said:

hahahahaha what a terrible post. You literally missed your sideways shot and expected to live while you are prone on a hill? Your gun was not silent. It was quieter than a stock version yes. This scav the bone guy is clearly a noob if he thinks it's 1/100 for a scav to head eyes us lol. At the end of the day you made some very horrible plays here. You missed your shot, you were in a terrible spot, you didn't move position after shooting an AI that has auto aim.....

I can bet a big amount if a player with a DVL were shooting you at this distance, you would run behind cover like a headless chicken and not insta point out the direction where you got shot from.

2nd of all, the sprinting target should have got hit by that led shot.

It seems you are very unexperianced at the game, but it will get better at time, dont worry. And if these things are perfectly fine for you, you have some very low quality standards, or a very bad troll.

Nameless_Terror
33 minutes ago, Atish89 said:

I can bet a big amount if a player with a DVL were shooting you at this distance, you would run behind cover like a headless chicken and not insta point out the direction where you got shot from.

It seems you are very unexperianced at the game, but it will get better at time, dont worry. And if these things are perfectly fine for you, you have some very low quality standards, or a very bad troll.

No. If I can see him, I'm engaging. Don't shoot at a target you cant hit like that. He led way too much (or fired too early). It was a bad shot and he paid the price.

• Sad 1
jockmcplop

If you're sitting in zero cover with a bolt action you need to hit your shots really. Scavs can be a problem but i don't think this is an example of it.

bobdole513

happens to me still fairly frequently with random scav masterpiece shots but you get used to it like hemorrhoids, just flares up sometimes...

On a scale of realism is it right? No, not at all, a real player would most likely not be able to pinpoint flick you on a single suppressed shot when you're laying in the weeds. But... Tarkov.... and all of these dudes flaming you are just used to some of the quirks like this

I usually try not to engage un-aggro'ed scavs/raiders/bosses unless I can absolutely one tap them to save either my head/eyes, my armor or my limbs since they just do disgusting stuff if you don't pop them quickly

Gemacko

real scavs one tap you while you are running  through bushes at great distances at night.
I didn't want all that loot anyway.

scrappercb

It's the boss scavs who have ESP when you're even aiming in their direction, without shooting or agro through cover and light you up through a tree and four bushes that drive me mental.  Sanitar's goons I'm looking at you.

kennyream66
On 2/13/2021 at 11:21 PM, Atish89 said:

I can compare stats, stash value, loose roubles, K/D. I promise, you lose in every scenario lol. Keep going prone without cover and you will just keep feeding the scav players their loot.

Slav_the_bone
On 2/14/2021 at 12:55 AM, kennyream66 said:

Clearly if you are being head,eyes often by regular ai scavs, that actually says more about how "good" you are. 

Have a nice day :)

DoktorMurdok

Thanks for the laugh. You missed your shot that was fired from a position without cover and now you are complaining. You should have waited a second or two for the scav to stop. They always stop and stand still for a while. 

What's going on on this board? Most negative posts are from salty guys like OP. This totally devaluates constructive criticism posted on this board.

Git gud. 

Edited by DoktorMurdok
Typo
gunchap

Then how about this scav? I didn't shoot the scav @ the scav outpost. nor had I gone closer.
I've never seen any scav aggro so far (except snipers ofc), and it wasn't a player scav either. 
And I too as the OP said have loads of material, where the scavs rape me without a chance to do anything.

I wouldn't say anything if I had tier4+ armor, but doing some quests you are in paca with a 6b43 helmet or without any helmet at all. it's annoying to say the least. 

p.s. the scav was where the pipe ends if the shitty video quality doesn't allow you to see him.

Edited by gunchap
added info
MagicalDwarf

ok but that is the same thing they were shooting at center mas your head being the only thing showing, i got shot when i was by the train station and the scav was at scav camp on interchange it doesnt really make a difference just accept that you exposing only your head then getting shot in the head everytime is not just a coincidence 

• Like 1
NewArk23
vor 15 Stunden schrieb MagicalDwarf:

ok but that is the same thing they were shooting at center mas your head being the only thing showing, i got shot when i was by the train station and the scav was at scav camp on interchange it doesnt really make a difference just accept that you exposing only your head then getting shot in the head everytime is not just a coincidence 

This!

Don't prone on scavs or they head/eyes you.

gunchap

I'm tired of these retarded coded bots. and stop defending them already. they are badly coded and that's that.

check this crap out. there was probably a player shooting at the bot. the bot crawled down, and slow the video down. the shitty coded bot takes a shot while he's standing up and then finishes me off. why was it even facing me if someone else fired at him?  

Please just shut the duck up if you want to defend this crap. 

Lunat1cX
29 minutes ago, gunchap said:

I would like to say that it's not the entire bot that's coded improperly, but more so particular points of one. What I'm trying to point out is that there are certain times when raiders/scavs/bosses, go prone, and shoot you before they even go prone. The issue with this is that a scav's accuracy is simply rng, and that rng isnt affected by factors that may effect pmcs. That's why a scav's accuracy when going prone is absolutely top notch, and unrealistic. 

Again, im not defending the scavs, but you're getting mad at the wrong things.

gunchap
3 hours ago, Lunat1cX said:

I would like to say that it's not the entire bot that's coded improperly, but more so particular points of one. What I'm trying to point out is that there are certain times when raiders/scavs/bosses, go prone, and shoot you before they even go prone. The issue with this is that a scav's accuracy is simply rng, and that rng isnt affected by factors that may effect pmcs. That's why a scav's accuracy when going prone is absolutely top notch, and unrealistic. 

Again, im not defending the scavs, but you're getting mad at the wrong things.

I understand, but man after a day of playing and mostly dying to bots for some reason. I'm just burned out. 

Obsydea
On 2/14/2021 at 2:21 AM, Atish89 said:

That shot was definitely over the scavs right shoulder [ the left side of his head for you. ] Close but no cigar. Lead too much when he wasn't fully sprinting to the right. It was at an angle. 

As far as scavs. They're a learning curve. Many people have stated it here, use cover; don't prone on scav AI. The smaller your hit box to them, the more likely they hit that face box.  Gear can help. But laying down will get you tapped again and again. 

14 hours ago, gunchap said:

I'm tired of these retarded coded bots. and stop defending them already. they are badly coded and that's that.

check this crap out. there was probably a player shooting at the bot. the bot crawled down, and slow the video down. the shitty coded bot takes a shot while he's standing up and then finishes me off. why was it even facing me if someone else fired at him?  

The other two videos are mostly your fault. The third one is just hilarious. He wasn't running from someone else. He was sprinting around and detected you through the grass. Dove, started firing and then stood up. Now it's not a player; so it doesn't lose out accuracy when standing like a player might. Instead it just keeps on chuggin' you full of lead. 

Not a real good angle to push from in any case. That uphill angle there into the grass / bushes will get you slapped by AI and rats. They'll see you first through the grass / bushes.

Better luck next time, boys. :)

gunchap

duck this bullshit. a generic scav, Shura Shapka, not even a zavodskoy. where is the guy in this thread that said I should run away? what did I do wrong this time? go prone? so the scav can hit me under the pipe (as they have done numerous times). or should I avoid the gas station entirely? I swear, most times reshala with his bodyguards can be killed easier than these broken scavs.

the bots are broken.... 

it's so dumb to waste about 30min and get raped by a shitty coded bot. I wouldn't have anything against a pmc killing me like that, but those moronic bots. and there are people that defend this crap. 

p.s. I think I need to take a break from this broken game for a while lol

Edited by gunchap
added info
Obsydea

I don't understand that positioning. It completely kills your ability to see. Did you get shot at before laying in that bush and decide it was a safe place? Positioning is very important in tarkov; against players and AI. That is a bad position. Compromising your sight is never a good idea.