Receiving an unusual amount of collateral damage

koYOtyBONGwater

koYOtyBONGwater

Maybe it is just me, but the last 10+ times that I have been killed in raid, every limb has received collateral damage. Doesn't matter if I was shot in the arm, head, chest, etc., and also does not matter which level of armor I am wearing. Is this whole body collat something new?? I get shot once in the chest and once in the arm, and I am done for. Can't remember the last time I "tanked" anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Collateral damage happens whenever you get shot in a blacked limb, or if a bullet does more damage than a limb has HP then collateral is applied to all other limbs at a % damage reduction. This isn't really new, it was added like 8ish months ago so its not new or old.

• 2 months later...
StankingWind

Sorry for posting on an old post but as a newb trying to wrap his head around things. This is normal then?
Collateral.thumb.png.0b8a85dd87d326aa4243b46fd393e1d0.png

No blacked out limbs. I have damage all over my body, lethal damage to the head from collateral damage from being shot in the arm.
On my screen it seemed like the guy only got 2-3 shots off before I died. This is after the raid when it asks if you want to heal. I'm not sure if the game auto heals you a bit after you die or if this is my characters health when he died but too me it makes no sense.

Nameless_Terror
15 minutes ago, StankingWind said:

No blacked out limbs. I have damage all over my body, lethal damage to the head from collateral damage from being shot in the arm.
On my screen it seemed like the guy only got 2-3 shots off before I died. This is after the raid when it asks if you want to heal. I'm not sure if the game auto heals you a bit after you die or if this is my characters health when he died but too me it makes no sense.

You were killed by a shot to your head (Red Skull). The game gave you back some of your health for free (while possibly lowering your unhit limbs health). You'll start with 10ish HP if you are deemed a suicide. Hover over each red mark and it will tell you what the damage is from. Don't use the healing screen to see how much heath you "had."

StankingWind
25 minutes ago, Nameless_Terror said:

You were killed by a shot to your head (Red Skull). The game gave you back some of your health for free (while possibly lowering your unhit limbs health). You'll start with 10ish HP if you are deemed a suicide. Hover over each red mark and it will tell you what the damage is from. Don't use the healing screen to see how much heath you "had."

Wouldn't my head have taken more damage or been blacked out if that's where he shot me?
Considering my head took collateral damage from being shot in the arm + a headshot. I would expect my head to have taken most of the damage and not my arm.

What you're saying is -
The numbers in the healing screen aren't true because the game gives me health for free after I die. 
Is that right?
I'm not trying to be rude I'm just trying to understand what you mean by
"The game gave you back some of your health for free (while possibly lowering your unhit limbs health). You'll start with 10ish HP if you are deemed a suicide."

I did hover over each red mark and they all said received collateral damage from my right arm.

Nameless_Terror
18 hours ago, StankingWind said:

What you're saying is -
The numbers in the healing screen aren't true because the game gives me health for free after I die. 

Correct. the only time you'll accurately see the collatoral damage you took is if you survived the fire fight and stopped any bleeding immediately. In most cases the game will put you in the healing screen with just under half your health divided among your limbs. 

So in the case above, you received at least one shot in the right arm that caused collateral damage. The link below will give you a break down of how the collateral damage is calculated. Say you were hit with ap slug for 164 damage. Your arm took 60 damage and then the remaining damage, 104, was given the arm multiplier 0.7 which translates to ~70 damage across the rest of your body. 
https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Health_system

The red skull is the kill shot. Next time you die, hover over it to see the bullet that killed you. 

• Upvote 1
StankingWind

Okay, now it makes sense.
Thank you for taking the time to explain it and for the link also.
Greatly appreciated