Jump to content

I feel like I'm in a John Woo movie as the bad guy.


Recommended Posts

stant0s

Have been playing a while now, only 3 wipes but enough to get in to it. 1000+ hours. More and more engagements for me in this game are just plain weird and frustrating. Seldom do I have fights that last more than half a second. I feel like everyone I'm fighting has the reactions of a cat. I can barely get a shot off before I'm dead. Look on post raid stats - I've been hit 5, 6, 7 or more times. I'm going in with good gear and ammo. I often now feel forced to just camp and profit that way. 

Yet, one thing I can't fathom is the TTK when I watch people play,. Their engagements seem to be way longer when head-to-head. More than enough time to acquire target and shoot. I don't even get the option to move a good portion of the time. In fact, more often than I'd like, my death is when I'm fully in cover. 

The servers themselves seem fine when this happens, I don't see any loss. Maybe I am just that bad, and 90% of people I face are better than me. 

Anyone feeling the same, or engagements are ok? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mekismo

Na, I feel exactly the same way dude. If I'm fighting someone, they take 20 hits to kills them, other way round, I'm dead in 1 shot. Only success I find is if I run slick/killa helmet combo I last a bit longer lol. 

I literally suck at this game, probably lose 3 out of 4 fights against PMC's.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here. I've only had a handful of what I'd call firefights in several weeks of play. The bulk of my PMC kills are from sniping. Almost every single meeting engagement, I'm killed almost instantly, before I even get a chance to line up a shot. Thought it was just me sucking so glad I'm not alone.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NmHansen

Same here bro, i been playing for over 2 years now and it have been the BS allmost  all the time. its not you or your PC

Link to post
Share on other sites
stant0s
1 hour ago, Ruecklicht said:

Whats your hardware?

Not the best, and frames have started to suffer, average about 75FPS. 

I7 7700K @ 5GHz

16GB RAM

GTX1080

 

Glad, in some respects, to hear its not just me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GassperUK

To be fair stuff like getting shot behind cover etc does not surprise me.. the sound is absolutely fucked in this game 😂 and half of the time you think your covered from the guy but your not lol 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is alot more desync type deaths than most people even realize. What I mean is on your screen the firefight lasted like 1-2 seconds and on theirs they shot you several times before you dropped but because of desync it seems different to both parties. 

That could be why if you watch people playing the engagement can seem longer on average, if you could see it from their opponents perspective I would guess the time to kill seems way shorter in many cases than it does from the streamers point of view. 

Plenty of videos of people dying to opponents who are clearly not through doors or around walls yet but end up killing the person recording. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
stant0s
48 minutes ago, xCaZx said:

I think there is alot more desync type deaths than most people even realize. What I mean is on your screen the firefight lasted like 1-2 seconds and on theirs they shot you several times before you dropped but because of desync it seems different to both parties. 

That could be why if you watch people playing the engagement can seem longer on average, if you could see it from their opponents perspective I would guess the time to kill seems way shorter in many cases than it does from the streamers point of view. 

Plenty of videos of people dying to opponents who are clearly not through doors or around walls yet but end up killing the person recording. 

You know this is something I've suspected for a while - it's basically pot luck. I actually watched a streamer who killed me, and after the stream ended, I played back my kill. I was on his screen for 3x, maybe 4x longer than what I was on my screen. However, I did have 100 ping so put it down to dodgy connection/server. Maybe that's it. Just a terrible client/server model.  I'd be keen to know how to be on the opposite end, more than the receiving end lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

You need to realise gameplay in this game is like playing matrix, because of poo netcode you got so huge delay, you must just adjust to this kind of dance between bullets... When i stop to camp a little for a  change i am most of the time dead... When i run like f ape, and charge when i heard something i'm doing ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
paracelsus1981
vor einer Stunde schrieb stant0s:

Not the best, and frames have started to suffer, average about 75FPS. 

I7 7700K @ 5GHz

16GB RAM

GTX1080

 

Glad, in some respects, to hear its not just me. 

Well I played the last 7 months on an 8 year old PC with a GTX 970. Hence I only know customs since it is the only map my PC could handle and which I enjoyed. I barely played although my old PC could keep a stable 60 FPS. Now I bought a new  machine and although I can choose much better graphics settings the game still hurts my eyes. I still wait for a newer monitor and hope that it will help me to get rid with the tearing. But the eye damaging graphics and the tearing really make it hard for me to focus on the gameplay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hermanJnr

It's desynch. The desynch is disgusting right now.

I think when a lot of people think "desynch" they think "oh yeah that thing where you shoot someone and they don't die" etc.

But actually that's just the most extreme version. The more insidious desynch is what happens in all these raids where you get "instantly" head tapped.

I honestly felt for a long time that a lot of people were aimbotting because I was getting snapped in the head in 0.5 seconds over and over from 50-100m away. It's only now that I'm realising that this is desynch.

For whatever reason your enemy is seeing you on their screen 1-2 seconds before you see them, and this is long enough to headshot you.. This happens WAY more often than most people think.

I've seen streamers kill me INSTANTLY and when I watch their feed, I was just standing there for 2 seconds doing nothing on their screen because they hadn't appeared on my screen yet.

Similarly, I killed a full geared guy with a pistol yesterday and I noticed that when I was stepping into the hall to fight him, he wasn't shooting at me at all. I think this was because on his screen I wasn't even in the hallway.

As some streamers have said recently, PVP is fundamentally broken atm with the mad peeker's advantage and lag.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hermanJnr said:

It's desynch. The desynch is disgusting right now.

I think when a lot of people think "desynch" they think "oh yeah that thing where you shoot someone and they don't die" etc.

But actually that's just the most extreme version. The more insidious desynch is what happens in all these raids where you get "instantly" head tapped.

I honestly felt for a long time that a lot of people were aimbotting because I was getting snapped in the head in 0.5 seconds over and over from 50-100m away. It's only now that I'm realising that this is desynch.

For whatever reason your enemy is seeing you on their screen 1-2 seconds before you see them, and this is long enough to headshot you.. This happens WAY more often than most people think.

I've seen streamers kill me INSTANTLY and when I watch their feed, I was just standing there for 2 seconds doing nothing on their screen because they hadn't appeared on my screen yet.

Similarly, I killed a full geared guy with a pistol yesterday and I noticed that when I was stepping into the hall to fight him, he wasn't shooting at me at all. I think this was because on his screen I wasn't even in the hallway.

As some streamers have said recently, PVP is fundamentally broken atm with the mad peeker's advantage and lag.

It's not atm dude...

 

 

 

Edited by OkruT
Link to post
Share on other sites
The_Kovacs

Its not just desync.  The TTK is so low that you are dead before any information gets back to your end that you have been peeked, fired at and hit. It is at that point your brain registers that you need to act but unfortunately you are dead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
pjmh11
On 2/15/2021 at 4:58 AM, hermanJnr said:

It's desynch. The desynch is disgusting right now.

I think when a lot of people think "desynch" they think "oh yeah that thing where you shoot someone and they don't die" etc.

But actually that's just the most extreme version. The more insidious desynch is what happens in all these raids where you get "instantly" head tapped.

I honestly felt for a long time that a lot of people were aimbotting because I was getting snapped in the head in 0.5 seconds over and over from 50-100m away. It's only now that I'm realising that this is desynch.

For whatever reason your enemy is seeing you on their screen 1-2 seconds before you see them, and this is long enough to headshot you.. This happens WAY more often than most people think.

I've seen streamers kill me INSTANTLY and when I watch their feed, I was just standing there for 2 seconds doing nothing on their screen because they hadn't appeared on my screen yet.

Similarly, I killed a full geared guy with a pistol yesterday and I noticed that when I was stepping into the hall to fight him, he wasn't shooting at me at all. I think this was because on his screen I wasn't even in the hallway.

As some streamers have said recently, PVP is fundamentally broken atm with the mad peeker's advantage and lag.

This is only partially tongue-in-cheek, but why does the desynch always seem to be against me and not in my favour? Only once did I see someone who appeared to have no idea I was aiming at him until it was too late for him. Still, looking on the bright side, i do enjoy choosing load-outs for my recently healed PMC, which is what i spend the bulk of my time in Tarkov doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
paracelsus1981

So how does desync actually work out for the one who has the better connection? What decides whether I´m the one getting an extra few seconds advantage over my opponent? Am I at a disadvanatge for having the better ping or is he?

Link to post
Share on other sites
JerryLove
20 minutes ago, pjmh11 said:

This is only partially tongue-in-cheek, but why does the desynch always seem to be against me and not in my favour? Only once did I see someone who appeared to have no idea I was aiming at him until it was too late for him. Still, looking on the bright side, i do enjoy choosing load-outs for my recently healed PMC, which is what i spend the bulk of my time in Tarkov doing.

I suspect that they are in motion and you are not. Does that sound right? 

10 minutes ago, Ruecklicht said:

So how does desync actually work out for the one who has the better connection? What decides whether I´m the one getting an extra few seconds advantage over my opponent? Am I at a disadvanatge for having the better ping or is he?

As I understand it, there's a delay for a change on PC 1 to propigate to PC2. Imagine it as a lag... you see where someone was 1 second ago. 

So if you are sitting in a room for a bit and someone runs past the door; they see where you were 1 sec ago (which they can shoot) and you see where they were 1 sec ago (hadn't come into the doorway yet, so not shootable). 

It's not as simple as I've described (there have been statements about update rates being based on movement, etc), and it's certainly not "1 second"; but that seems to be a working abstraction. 

It seems like, to make hitting possible, hit tracking occurs on the shooters PC... so the person moving has an advantage.

Edited by JerryLove
Link to post
Share on other sites
otezun
vor 11 Minuten schrieb JerryLove:

It seems like, to make hitting possible, hit tracking occurs on the shooters PC... so the person moving has an advantage.

This would be a horrible design decision as it would allow more unsavory individuals to modify the hit-tracking code...

Link to post
Share on other sites
JerryLove
21 minutes ago, otezun said:

This would be a horrible design decision as it would allow more unsavory individuals to modify the hit-tracking code...

It's the worst possible design decision except for every other method tried. 

This isn't WoW... there's no other place to put the "was my aim good" logic. 

Let's pretend that the lag is a constant. 0.5sec to get data to or from a server. 

Jill is sitting camping on a hole in a fence and bob runs past the hole from west to east. Bob isn't looking for anyone to shoot. This is literally the simplest scenario that has one person moving. Let's say it takes 1 second for Bob to sprint across the gap. Jill is so close to the hole that the bullet travel time is 0

T+0.0:

  • Bob has just entered the gap on the west side his PC
  • On the server, Bob is still 0.5 seconds from entering the gap
  • On Jill's PC, Bob is still 1 second from entering the gap

T+0.5:

  • Bob is now in the middle of the gap on his PC. 
  • The server now has registered that bob has entered the gap on the west side
  • On Jill's PC, Bob is still obscured by the wall. 

T+1.0

  • Bob is now behind the east wall on his PC. 
  • The server now has Bob mid-gap
  • Jill's PC now sees Bob, just entering the gap on the west side. 

Jill is magical. She has a 0ms response time and perfect aim and she fires a bullet at the spot Bob shows on her PC (the west side of the gap)

T+1.5

  • Bob has now been past the gap for 0.5 second on his PC. 
  • The server is now registering Bob as on the eastern edge of the gap
  • The server now also registers Jill's bullet flying to a point at the western edge of the gap. 

So at that moment. Bob thinks he's 0.5 seconds east of the gap. 

On Jill's PC, she fired 0.5 seconds ago to the western edge and nothing has happen (as the server hasn't reported hit/miss) and bob is now in the middle of the gap. 

 

D-Sync would change from an advantage issue to a literal "must aim at future position even at point blank" that would make the game unplayable. 

At least that's my understanding.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
otezun

That is also true. I just wish the net code would be little bit better, recently been having random disconnects during the games. Yet, this only started with recent patches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shortstacker

I’ve had nothing but good experiences on customs since they updated the servers. 
 

Also, highly recommend (if you don’t already), play more aggressive. Holding angles in this game has a tendency to duck you over. Grenade and push, rinse and repeat until the threat is eliminated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...