What solution u like the most?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What solution u like the most?

• Longer bitcoin mining
    • More fuel consumption for mining
    • This is fine as it is now
    • Another idea in comments

As u probably know, right now it takes less then minute for Jaeger to run out of stock. 

Well, i definetly understand why u are trying to create fuel shortage. Bitcoin prices and stuff.

Players overflooded with free money, which is really bad

Well, now fuel worth 600k.

Which makes all other hideout buildings useful only to craft quest items because flea market ammo and all these things is much cheaper then using this liquid gold.

What if i got stupid easy solution? Make bitcoin craft longer. Like 3 times longer and problem solved. Actually, this makes much more sense logically.

Fix one problem not killing entire mechanic that taken lots of resources to develop.

There is also another way: make bitcoin farm consume LOTS of fuel. Like 5 liters will provide u energy for 2-3 hours of mining. This way also makes much more sense

Edited by Vesel_
scrappercb

Increasing demand for fuel isn't the issue.  It's a lack of supply.  Jaeger needs more to sell.

The economy right now is completely broken by stupid bitcoin values.  It only stands to reason if bitcoin value is going to track real life that time to mine should also.  But I'm all for just removing the real world tether, or start paying us in fkn doge coins.

Bitcoins are a really stupid addition to the game: You do not farm bitcoins in a warzone, it's funny for Mechanic to be doing it as the weirdo he is but the PMC shouldn't.

All Bitcoin related stuff should just be replaced with straight G.Card barters at the Mechanic.

captainrussia21
9 minutes ago, Vesel_ said:

I know how this works and why prices are rising. In this post i assumed everyone undertands the reason for overpriced fuel is low jaeger supply of canisters

If you did - then why would you make this entire post and try to propose "a solution"  - implying that something was wrong?

I voted "This is fine as it is now" - as I understand why it is the way it is and all in accord with Supply-Demand.

You also attributed the problem to "bitcoin prices and stuff" - which is very vague (especially the "and stuff" part). A generalization one would make who does not understand what is going on.

Its not just because of Bitcoin as BTC is only 1 out of like 100 outputs that the Hideout can produce (some of that can be produced with no fuel at all - in the lavatory). Sure - BTC is one of the "most profitable" outputs, or at least in the top 5, but that has nothing to do with fuel prices directly. Indirectly - BSG is trying to create more of a "survival" immersion - and you cannot have survival feel if there is a cornucopia of everything and everything is in surplus.

Shortage of [insert item or resource name] is a natural and organic theme for a survival game. Simple as that.

Im_C_O_T_W

Why is everyone talking about bitcoins having bearing on fuel prices? Shouldn't graphics cards be the one that's made spawn less often ( like that already have done ).

I don't understand why they made fuel so difficult to come by, also i think they slashed the amount traders have. If you're not watching the trader reset you'll never have it.

SubaruFan

I find this amusing that they created a problem and now they try to fix it. First of all this is RPG/FPS game and should not be tied to the real world in any way. The BTC price may fluctuate, but with the game internal randomized pattern. Linking BTC price to the real world one, destroys economy of the game, if other things do not fluctuate at traders.

If the BSG wants a real survival game - there should be no "bitcoins" at all. Replace them with gold coins found in stashes or on bosses and that's all. Then you could find gold ore near rivers and ponds and them craft gold coins from it.

Allow people to refuel canisters using in game stranded tankers or tanks. But please do not create a fixed fuel spawns in those vehicles - it would create another run to place. I think fuel should be randomly spread across different tanks on maps and that's all. Need fuel: go find it for "free" or buy from a trader or on flee.

SubaruFan
38 minutes ago, Im_C_O_T_W said:

Why is everyone talking about bitcoins having bearing on fuel prices? Shouldn't graphics cards be the one that's made spawn less often ( like that already have done ).I

Because crafting bitcoins allows you to have a daily income without actually going into a raid. That's why.

THORN_1371

Why is it so difficult to get items from traders after maxing them out? What a joke on the whole fuel situation, not to mention that crafting in the hideout has become nearly pointless since it costs so damn much for everything.

Please for the love of god EFT do something to help the fuel prices...LOL and while you're at it stop increasing the amount of items for trades such as sugar with Therapist......

Why can't each person buy at least one item from a trader per reset?

Can it be set so every player has a chance to purchase an item? Example: Fuel from Jaeger sells out in seconds at reset for him.

I want my time spent playing in raids not monitoring a trader so I can buy fuel.

I posted this earlier before seeing this thread....Also sent it to a Dev

SubaruFan
1 minute ago, THORN_1371 said:

Why can't each person buy at least one item from a trader per reset?

Can it be set so every player has a chance to purchase an item? Example: Fuel from Jaeger sells out in seconds at reset for him.

For the same reason there is no graphics card waiting for each player in a tech store.

TheHappyMile
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Eisenwanst:

Get rid of the bitcoinfarm.

honestly, yes pls. Tarkov does not need a money-printing machine... 

THORN_1371
5 minutes ago, SubaruFan said:

For the same reason there is no graphics card waiting for each player in a tech store.

Well then maybe there shouldn't be a hideout, flea market or traders at all....Maybe solely rely of what's found in raid and use it or lose it.

tobiassolem
2 hours ago, Naqel said:

You do not farm bitcoins in a warzone

Upon what information do you base this statement?

Escape From Tarkov and its mechanics is based upon the lore written by BSG, and the universe (Russia 2028) is also conceived by them. It's a parallel reality scenario. So the devs wrote the background for everything, and the very same developers also included the mechanic that is 'the bitcoin farm' into the same game.

There are many things in the Norvinsk region that remain unknowns. What motivates these SCAV gangs? Who are the central leadership of the SCAV raiders? Who are the cultists? What research was done at the TerraGroup Labs? Why were the researchers killed by USEC troops?

I don't think "Why can you mine bitcoins in a hideout?" seems so out of base with reality. After all, you have the ability to power a computer with resources you can find (and build) and you even create a relatively advanced connection system so you can send and receive data. This is all that is required to mine bitcoins.

It seems quite reasonable if you ask me. But if you have information to present that says otherwise, please present your source. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Eisenwanst

For me.. i dont need the bitcoinfarm. But i like to craft stuff in my hideout. It takes now longer, but whatever. Its like always. It makes the whole thing difficult for newer players or the ones who dont have a lot of playtime. If you have your bitcoinfarm maxed out, it gains enough profit, even with fuel for 600 k. 

54 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

Upon what information do you base this statement?

8000+ years of recorded human history? Journalist reports from modern warzones? Basic common sense?

Of all the things we can reasonably and unreasonably do in our hideout, farming bitcoin (a currency that only holds value in the digital world, in which only one of our possible contacts operates to any meaningful extent) sounds like the least likely thing anyone would do.

Mechanic doing it adds to his character, even with world going to $#@& he still finds the time to set the thing up (with our help).
Player doing it exists only as a means of generating infinite money in a game that already has built-in massive inflation issues (we do not fire expensive ammo nearly fast enough to meaningfully diminish the amount of Rubles in play, hence no-life chuds with hundreds of millions in their stashes).

You replace Bitcoin farming with G.Card trades and in one swoop you strengthen the narrative and help solve an economy issue.

• Sad 1
Lunat1cX
5 minutes ago, Naqel said:

8000+ years of recorded human history? Journalist reports from modern warzones? Basic common sense?

Of all the things we can reasonably and unreasonably do in our hideout, farming bitcoin (a currency that only holds value in the digital world, in which only one of our possible contacts operates to any meaningful extent) sounds like the least likely thing anyone would do.

Mechanic doing it adds to his character, even with world going to $#@& he still finds the time to set the thing up (with our help).
Player doing it exists only as a means of generating infinite money in a game that already has built-in massive inflation issues (we do not fire expensive ammo nearly fast enough to meaningfully diminish the amount of Rubles in play, hence no-life chuds with hundreds of millions in their stashes).

You replace Bitcoin farming with G.Card trades and in one swoop you strengthen the narrative and help solve an economy issue.

I don't think arguing with the developer of the game is gonna get you anywhere. If they want a bitcoin farm, they can have one. Sucks to suck if you don't have the privilege of having one yourself, but that doesn't mean that everyone else has to suffer for it.  

On 2/16/2021 at 12:26 AM, Shortstacker said:

POST REMOVED

First: My argument is based not in realism, but authenticity: jumping 6-7 feet with 40kg of gear or splinting your legs before running off like a young gazelle after dropping from 4 times as much are concessions for the sake of gameplay, that result from otherwise fairly realistic (i.e. you can break your leg at all in the first place) gameplay mechanics.

Second: I approach the subject from both the authenticity standpoint and how that interacts with the world-building of the game, as well as the practical gameplay merits. I am covering all possible angles, which you'd probably figure out if your discussion strategy was based on the merit of the arguments, instead of cheap "gotcha" of setting up a strawman to refute.

BruxiePC

I guess it's time to start setting alarms on my phone for Jager reset. I was lucky and was on right at a reset and got 1 fuel yesterday. Today I waited for the last 15 min of reset and tried to buy right when reset hit but it was sold out within 2 seconds :( 

Lunat1cX
On 2/16/2021 at 12:39 AM, Naqel said:

First: My argument is based not in realism, but authenticity: jumping 6-7 feet with 40kg of gear or slpinting your legs before running off like a young gazelle after dropping from 4 times as much are a concessions for the sake of gameplay, that result from otherwise fairly realistic gameplay mechanics (i.e. you can break your leg at all in the first place).

Second: I approach the subject from both the authenticity standpoint and how that interacts with the world-building of the game, as well as the practical gameplay merits. I am covering all possible angles, which you'd probably figure out if your discussion strategy was based on the merit of the arguments, instead of cheap "gotcha" of setting up a strawman to refute.

1. You ain't smart.

2. You should stop talking.

3. If you read this far, you still should stop talking an rethink your life choices.

4. If you read THIS far, then you should stop complaining about the game and don't play it if you aren't satisfied with its content.

5. Ok but if you read all the way THIS far then how ya doing. 

6. Your initial claim was "You do not farm bitcoins in a warzone" and your reasoning was that there is "8000+ years of recorded human history?" However this reasoning is invalid because there hasn't yet been a post apocalyptic era that actually had gpus in it's time period? For example, WWI and WWII were the closest warzone periods, but graphics cards and cryptocurrency didn't even exist yet, so you're evidence of "8000+ years of recorded human history" is pretty much irrelevant and can't be used in modern day society. Who knows what the nearest warzone would look like? Maybe there would be cryptocurrency mining in order to survive? You won't know until you experience it, and as such, your criticism is uncalled for and invalid. 

(What im pretty much tryna say is that all your sh*ttalking isn't backed up by any valid reasoning, so you should shut up for a change)

9 minutes ago, Lunat1cX said:

6. Your initial claim was "You do not farm bitcoins in a warzone" and your reasoning was that there is "8000+ years of recorded human history?"

I elaborated on my claim when pressed for it, you are neither funny nor intellectually honest if all you got out of it was reading one line of the follow-up and responding in a way that insults anyone reading anything more than that of your reply.

I need not "shut up", the forums are very much intended for an open discussion.
If your only argument to counter my position is to nit-pick at half of its reasoning and demanding that I do not defend it, then clearly you don't have a very good position of your own.
Perhaps it is you who should take a break and put a bit more effort into reading the full post and thinking on how to formulate a valid response.

Edited by Naqel
Funuvagun
3 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

I don't think "Why can you mine bitcoins in a hideout?" seems so out of base with reality. After all, you have the ability to power a computer with resources you can find (and build) and you even create a relatively advanced connection system so you can send and receive data. This is all that is required to mine bitcoins.

I do. The Bitcoin Farm is asking us to suspend disbelief too much.

I believe the Bitcoin farm in particular is problematic for the game, both on a gameplay level and on a narrative level. For the moment I'll just focus on the narrative.

I'll grant you that it is possible. As you said, if you can get electricity and some connection then you can mine for Bitcoin. But just because it is possible does not mean that it is likely, and that is where the Bitcoin Farm breaks the whole "survive the mysterious disaster" narrative. The narrative creates a world in which a large, modern metropolitan city in Russia is rendered virtually empty of all human life-- except for some gangs of violent Scavs, some crazy cultists, and our PMCs who are, as the name of the game explicitly states, trying to survive and ESCAPE. It is asking too much of us to create this world on one hand and then say, "While they are trying desperately to survive, each PMC can build a Bitcoin Farm that will generate hundreds of thousands to even millions of Rubles per day."

Keep in mind that in this world we are scrounging to find fuel for generators. If there was still an active power grid, don't you think we would be tapped into that? But at least electricity can be generated and used at a local level. Internet connection is an entirely different thing. Local internet is worthless for Bitcoin purposes. So who is going to provide the international service? Is there an ISP with a post-apocalyptic business model? And if our PMCs have access to satellite internet service, wouldn't they use that to communicate directly with their support networks outside of Tarkov?

And let's just assume that our PMCs decide they won't use their precious communication window to get help from outside of Tarkov. Once they got the electricity and whatever internet communication they could muster, they use that to mine Bitcoin which still has to be turned into a useful local currency. And at present that means about 650K Rubles per Bitcoin Token! You're telling me that there is a financial infrastructure in place in Tarkov that can deliver that much useful cash to a stranded Paramilitary Contractor BUT THAT PMC CANNOT JUST CALL AN UBER TO ESCAPE? For that matter, why does cash work for  anything in this scenario? If this is a survival situation then all cash will be worthless unless you are burning it for fuel or maybe giving it to some outside contact to pay for your ESCAPE!

If the Bitcoin Farms are as easy to set-up, maintain, and profit from as the game suggests, the Scav Gangs are in the best position to use them too. Which means they don't need to Scavenge and they would have successfully reintroduced normal civilian life with a stable, cash-based economy.

You are a trooper if you made it this far. I'd like to go into why I think it is a bad game-play mechanic but I've ranted enough...

• Like 3
Spectator6
56 minutes ago, Funuvagun said:

You are a trooper if you made it this far. I'd like to go into why I think it is a bad game-play mechanic but I've ranted enough...

If we're talking about Hideout mechanics that go against the intended narrative, the BTC farm is perhaps the least of our worries. And yes, we all know what I'm referring to here... 

Why of course it's the third level bathroom poster decor ;) 

Ha!

----------------------

I can see it now... The Raid series firefight reaches a fever pitch in the hallway only to have the main character whip out his perfectly working cell phone to check the current BTC prices. "Well, that's a pleasant surprise. I at least now have *something* to live for if I manage to make it out alive..." 

Or how about <something something something> Austin Powers-esque button panel hidden above the men's toilet to the rescue!

Are these appreciated breaks of comedy among the otherwise doom and gloom? Or are they, as you say @Funuvagun, things that take it a bit too far and actually work against the narrative? Maybe to remind us that, at the end of the day, it's all just for fun and games?