Silenced guns are unhearable at short to medium distances.

EraZerUnleashed

EraZerUnleashed

So after a while of weird and funny encounters i came to the conclusion that the sound distance at which silenced gunshots can be heard are just broken. Sure silencers need to be useful, but it‘s absurd when i and 2 other people can’t hear the dude who’s shooting at us from under 100m, but only hear the impact of the bullets, or my PMC getting hurt. (Sometimes without any impact sound) It just seems extreme inconsistent and just broken overall. Kinda like if the sound just get‘s cut off if you cross a certain short distance. My friends confirm that too everytime. I once shot with a silenced M700 next to a friend at a distance of <50m on Woods too, and he didn’t hear anything. The thing is like i said before, that it basically mutes the sound at a fairly short to medium distance, even though it should only make it quiter. Maybe the sound reduction for silencers is just too high across the board, or maybe the sound reduction per meter (or whatever calculation its based on) is too abrupt? Maybe a combination of both? Or idk... a bug?

I‘m not an expert. It feels broken to me, thats all i want to say with that.

PS: You can hear the shells landing on the ground from a certain gun. And by that i mean at any distance, lol.

SGT_PsyOp

I believe the way the game is setup, all suppressors can be heard within 100 meters. Thats if you are in open area with no elevation changes or walls etc...

Unfortunately even maps like woods have weird sound glitches. The suppressors aren't the problem its just the game audio in general.

Its way better than it use to be but its still broken.

EraZerUnleashed
vor 18 Minuten schrieb SGT_PsyOp:

I believe the way the game is setup, all suppressors can be heard within 100 meters. Thats if you are in open area with no elevation changes or walls etc...

Unfortunately even maps like woods have weird sound glitches. The suppressors aren't the problem its just the game audio in general.

Its way better than it use to be but its still broken.

agree