Can we just admit Tarkov isnt in a Beta state?

AzureChimes

This game is so Alpha that my wife plays it with her boyfriend.

In all seriousness it is what it is at this point. Doesn't matter what I think contrary to all the evidence because of the cult like behavior this game breeds. I just don't understand how this game is even expected to release within the next 3-4 years. It feels the further in time this game gets, the more of a chore it is. Aside from the lack of communication, the shadow changes, desync, and cheaters (which I can forgive to a certain extent) you'd think with the amount of capital this game has raked in some major changes to problems that are consistently recurring would happen.

Again, doesnt matter what I say, because their is always a band of knee deep users who will gas light everything I say and deflect any legitimate criticism I and tons of others have because its in "beta" even though beta is software that is 100% feature complete and is being bug fixed and having last min additions to the game as required. Anyway have a good day.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AzureChimes

• tobiassolem

• Spectator6

• PyroYoda

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This game is so Alpha that my wife plays it with her boyfriend. In all seriousness it is what it is at this point. Doesn't matter what I think contrary to all the evidence because of the cult lik

What is the argument here? That the old classical definition of a beta means a "feature complete software?". While yes, it is true that there is such a definition that says that "generally" software i

I hate to rain on your parade, but this is the oldest argument in the book, even if it is correct. This idea isn't a secret, people have memed this for a couple years now. I'm not sure how new yo

Posted Images

AzureChimes
1 minute ago, NmHansen said:

YES we can agree. the game is in an absolute BS state, and the devs seems to not really care.

But the games in the best state its ever been /s

SlavDawg

The game has not even reached beta state

Normally beta state is when  you have your final product almost ready and you have to polish out some last bugs, at this point Tarkov is just anothe early acces alpha project. 

• Like 1
MarcBorgia

Its a real confidence builder when the lead dev states they want to work on something else before one is barely even finished.

14 hours ago, SlavDawg said:

The game has not even reached beta state

Normally beta state is when  you have your final product almost ready and you have to polish out some last bugs, at this point Tarkov is just anothe early acces alpha project. 

Just watched a video from noiceguy about how this isnt a beta. Kind of enlightening.

greggreggreg

I hate to rain on your parade, but this is the oldest argument in the book, even if it is correct. This idea isn't a secret, people have memed this for a couple years now.

I'm not sure how new you are, but every wipe there comes a new wave of players that try to dismantle the game from their 2-week play-test and think they have all of these groundbreaking point-of-views.

My point is that all of this is already been gone over countless times. Anyone who isn't gullible as hell can see that they are using the Beta term to their marketing advantage. It's to cover their ass and nothing more. 

• Like 4
lotheladus

The biggest problem is desync, it is so bad and extremely annoying, their main focus has to be 100% on fixing it right away.  Atleast 1/3 times the sound is out of sync, that makes me wonder how accurate is this game? Not much, and you can clearly feel it  - this is a competitive game, nothing is more important than to know you lost because the other one was faster and better, not because someone sprayed you (right outside the extract with 2 min left) without making sound and is invisible.  Its not exactly like CS.. 

• Like 1
SlavDawg
6 hours ago, MarcBorgia said:

Its a real confidence builder when the lead dev states they want to work on something else before one is barely even finished.

Just watched a video from noiceguy about how this isnt a beta. Kind of enlightening.

Have seen that video Marc, was really refreshing indeed and a lot of valid points are made there. I myself havestudied game design back in my college years hence my statement that game has not reached the Beta State. 

At this point game is only pre-alfa for quite some reason, biggest of them all game is  not completed. 

One of the examples of not focusing on actually finishing the game is as below:
We got Labs couple of years ago than we got Reserve both of these maps had no place on Map of Tarkov  at first back in 2017 when it was introduced to the public.  So instead of working on the maps that were announced in the first place and finishing up the "core" elements of Tarkov as game on its own, there has been some steps aside for other maps.

Great additions don't get me wrong but would be more epic if these were DLC's for example later on when the game is fully released and finished.

If tarkov ever becomes what it was advertised back in the day and still is on the main page of the site that would be great

Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough.

Untill now it lacks realism and MMO Features have taken over instead of being features. image.thumb.png.e2368b8189c54ee310378cfbf175892b.png

tobiassolem

What is the argument here? That the old classical definition of a beta means a "feature complete software?". While yes, it is true that there is such a definition that says that "generally" software is feature complete. But is it a rule that every software developer in the world has to abide by? No.

There are other subclauses to the old definition of what is a beta, such as "beta is the phase in which the software becomes available to the general public" and "Software available for demonstration or presentations".

Furthermore, there are definitions about the differences between an "open beta" and a "closed beta", where a closed beta is considered "an unfinished software released to a smaller audience".

By purchasing the game you also agree to the License Agreement, so the definition in which is actually used by BattleState Games is defined in subsection 5:

5.1. If the User participates in beta-testing of the Game, the User acquires the status of a beta-tester. Beta-testing is carried out exclusively for assessing the possibilities of the Game and identifying errors. Battlestate Games Limited bears not liability for events taking place during beta-testing. After the beta-testing, all game values will be deleted from the Accounts (other than in agreed cases during performance of public beta-testing). The User confirms that they take part in beta-testing at their own risk and understand that the Game might include bugs. Any game values may be deleted at any time (other than in agreed cases during performance of public beta-testing). Battlestate Games Limited and/or the Licensor do not bear liability for ensuring uninterrupted access to the Game. To take part in beta-testing, the User must undergo an authorisation process and participate in the beta-testing personally.

If in any doubt about that the game is unfinished, it is clearly visible that the game is a pre-order, that there is a BETA available, and that the game is unfinished. Nowhere does it say that the game is feature-complete, beyond some individuals own interpretations (or applications of certain definitions as some kind of 'rule').

When it comes to beta titles they're generally in the gaming world today in a (relatively) playable state, but are usually referred to as "early access". Very few of these pre-release games (Escape From Tarkov included) are by any means "feature complete" (albeit it would be interesting to discuss what that even means).

sidenote: Please stick to the topic and do not sling personal attacks against one another. If you're unsure about what is proper conduct, I refer you to the forum rules. Some posts that were either off-topic or breaking the rules were removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
GeneralBrus
16 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

What is the argument here? That the old classical definition of a beta means a "feature complete software?". While yes, it is true that there is such a definition that says that "generally" software is feature complete. But is it a rule that every software developer in the world has to abide by? No.

100% true, alpha beta gamma... who cares? its all the same and it all translates to "the game is not done yet"

SlavDawg

24 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

Healthy conversation is the thing here, at least from my part. Sharing thoughts, that what forums are made for right?:')

tobiassolem
2 minutes ago, SlavDawg said:

Healthy conversation is the thing here, at least from my part. Sharing thoughts, that what forums are made for right?:')

Certainly. Healthy conversation is 100% what the forums are for.

But negativity & sarcasm, accusing the devs of misleading players, or similar seems quite the opposite of 'healthy conversation'. I am all for critical thinking, and there *IS* an argument to have here (or the thread would've been locked). But it is important to not attack people from other positions than ones own (as some did).

I am interested in what would be considered "feature complete" in terms of Escape From Tarkov? Would it mean that every map is complete, every game mechanic finished, including all of story mode and every planned weapon, item, etc. - including the full implementation of dynamics, a balanced economy, et al?

Is that what some of you mean by "feature complete"?

jockmcplop

I would say that when the missions and storyline are complete then the game is feature complete.

Also if they have already announced maps that will be added, they should be added before its feature complete.

I don't really mind though, I like it as it is, bugs, issues and some balancing aside (although a good main storyline is the thing i'm most looking forward to).

SlavDawg
2 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

I am interested in what would be considered "feature complete" in terms of Escape From Tarkov? Would it mean that every map is complete, every game mechanic finished, including all of story mode and every planned weapon, item, etc. - including the full implementation of dynamics, a balanced economy, et al?

Is that what some of you mean by "feature complete"?

We all know that game is still in development and each big update new stuff is being added to the game and that is great.
The speed that updates come at current pace are to blame on the fancy covid thingy we have world wide. What you wrote is indeed almost complete thus nearly finished stage, what at this point Tarkov is not. 

From my point of view I would like to see maps complete for sure, even if is a part of the map just like Customs for example that got expanded 3 times. That would already let us explore the world that is due to be open world in the future some day :)

Weapon wise (modification etc) I think the Tarkov has the best weapon collection out there (however it misses the US variant of SMG) From that point of view weapons should not be the main priority at this point we have a massive amount already.

Story mode is missing, but that is also due to fact that the maps are not complete thus it's difficult to write a story script.

We already have quite some dynamic economy thats epic, but would move some high tier things you can by at  traiders to onyl being able to find those in raid. 

At the end it will all come good, I still have my trust. 

Spectator6

Can we just admit Tarkov isn't in a Beta state?

Sure! Happy to! I realized that a loooooong time ago!

Now that we have that behind us, what's next?

1. Encourage and support the devs. Be upbeat and excited about what BSG still has in store for the future.
  2. Demean and bemoan the devs. Be rude and complain all the time, offering nothing of substance to help things along.
  3. Leave the game and community altogether, for it to be sorted out by those who care

I don't know about you, but I actively choose Number One :)

• Like 2
Nodens

Option 1, I fully agree and we should remain constructive and positive.

But I also agree with the OP in that the game should not be called "Beta" and IMHO it should be called "early access."

Some of the issues with unhappy players right now it that BSG want to have it both ways.  They want to call their product 'beta' and tell us it's not ready for release yet, expect many bugs, and it's still in active development and subject change.  So it acts as a convenient excuse for anything that's broken.

At the same time, the game is actively promoted and marketed as if it were a fully finished product.  They have numerous Twitch streamers marketing the game, twitch drops too...  There are special editions of the game you can buy that give you extra content, etc... 

So, that's really the predicament.  For me, I don't mind the beta status of the game, but you can also see how BSG dug this hole and many players are probably unhappy about it.  My best advice to people is that I think this game will be around for along time.  So, if you feel yourself getting too frustrated, just play something else for a while.  Come back to Tarkov in 6 or 8 or 12 months and see if it's any better.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
SR_Madruga

I think we need some priority on features that will define EFT's identity, I mean, the only thing that makes the game hardcore right now is the fact that you loose your stuff when you die. Sure we have some complex mechanics, but put that aside and you will have an arcade style shooter, where is the sim feeling? The movement system doesn't fit EFT, not a little bit, it needs a total overhaul... I can't wait to see the end of AD spam, or the sprinting mad man nonsense. Point shooting weapons with an exaggerated precision, exaggerated recoil when ADS firing, underpowered guns, overpowered armors... The list goes on...

jockmcplop

I wish they would do something about ADAD spam, but I don't think they will to be honest.

They like that solo players can wipe a whole squad, they need streamers to keep being able to kick everyone's butts online, and without fast movement and ADAD spam, the more realistic style would make unequal engagements play out very differently. 

I would much prefer it, even though I'm a solo player, but there would definitely be consequences for the high skill players.

AzureChimes
18 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

There are other subclauses to the old definition of what is a beta, such as "beta is the phase in which the software becomes available to the general public" and "Software available for demonstration or presentations".

Furthermore, there are definitions about the differences between an "open beta" and a "closed beta", where a closed beta is considered "an unfinished software released to a smaller audience".

By purchasing the game you also agree to the License Agreement, so the definition in which is actually used by BattleState Games is defined in subsection 5:

If in any doubt about that the game is unfinished, it is clearly visible that the game is a pre-order, that there is a BETA available, and that the game is unfinished. Nowhere does it say that the game is feature-complete, beyond some individuals own interpretations (or applications of certain definitions as some kind of 'rule').

When it comes to beta titles they're generally in the gaming world today in a (relatively) playable state, but are usually referred to as "early access". Very few of these pre-release games (Escape From Tarkov included) are by any means "feature complete" (albeit it would be interesting to discuss what that even means).

sidenote: Please stick to the topic and do not sling personal attacks against one another. If you're unsure about what is proper conduct, I refer you to the forum rules. Some posts that were either off-topic or breaking the rules were removed.

Love how you filibuster and go into detail about the definition itself, but haven't actually answered your own questions to actually determine whether the game is by the definition or industries definition. And to call it a "classical definition" really just blurs the line of the definition itself as a segway to bring forth a subjective interpretation of said definition. Then bring up the criminal ToS that would be illegal in the west alone for its anti consumer practices. Its the response I expect from essentially a paid employee. So don't blame you for the corpo response.

The game clearly says Beta so lets stay focused here. Were talking about Escape From Tarkov. By industry standards Tarkov is in a alpha state. Considering that not even all of its maps are available I shouldn't even need to explain the words feature complete at this point. Beta is software that is 100% feature complete. Then you have release candidate builds that usually are theoretically 100% feature done. Then there is finally phase testing that is generally pushed to RTM. Generally the build you give to reviewers. Then finally you go gold. But instead just like most "Beta" developers now a days you have a complete disregard for any process in general in order to sideline criticism and blur the lines of responsibility.

• Hot 2
  • Upvote 1
Tr4wnet
11 minutes ago, AzureChimes said:

Love how you filibuster and go into detail about the definition itself, but haven't actually answered your own questions to actually determine whether the game is by the definition or industries definition. And to call it a "classical definition" really just blurs the line of the definition itself as a segway to bring forth a subjective interpretation of said definition. Then bring up the criminal ToS that would be illegal in the west alone for its anti consumer practices. Its the response I expect from essentially a paid employee. So don't blame you for the corpo response.

The game clearly says Beta so lets stay focused here. Were talking about Escape From Tarkov. By industry standards Tarkov is in a alpha state. Considering that not even all of its maps are available I shouldn't even need to explain the words feature complete at this point. Beta is software that is 100% feature complete. Then you have release candidate builds that usually are theoretically 100% feature done. Then there is finally phase testing that is generally pushed to RTM. Generally the build you give to reviewers. Then finally you go gold. But instead just like most "Beta" developers now a days you have a complete disregard for any process in general in order to sideline criticism and blur the lines of responsibility.

Not saying you're wrong, but the game did come a long way since alpha days. Yeah the development may be slower than other games but I really don't see how your statement could help the process in any way?

Just asking don't get mad...

• Like 1
AzureChimes
24 minutes ago, Tr4wnet said:

Not saying you're wrong, but the game did come a long way since alpha days. Yeah the development may be slower than other games but I really don't see how your statement could help the process in any way?

Just asking don't get mad...

I agree 100%  I've been playing Tarkov since 2017 and you are correct. Now with that being said heres the problem. We are constantly rubberbanding when it comes to performance and optimizations. We were here at a time where late spawns are being blamed on player hardware. Hell Tarkov is still adverting 2016's min/recommended requirements. All at the games highest point with record sales and players.  Optically what im doing is looking from the outside in. We have shadow changes, poor dev communication, and just overall issues that need to be addressed properly and not be talked off continuously like they have been by BSG for the last 2 years.

I remember when Pestily said "90-95% of deaths are youre own fault. Dont blame someone else or netcoding for that"

Only to be proven wrong by u/Korgi_analogue shortly after in the comment thread ill like below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/l15iyy/guarantee\_90\_of\_your\_frustrations\_in\_fights\_in/gjy3fcu/?context=3](https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/l15iyy/guarantee_90_of_your_frustrations_in_fights_in/gjy3fcu/?context=3

Edited by AzureChimes
link
tobiassolem
29 minutes ago, AzureChimes said:

Love how you filibuster and go into detail about the definition itself, but haven't actually answered your own questions to actually determine whether the game is by the definition or industries definition.

Which industry? Whose definition. Are you talking about software development in general, or praxis? Praxis means what is actually practiced in a specific industry. If we're talking generally, then the largest companies (eg. Google) certainly don't abide by the definition you wish to apply. They've had products in "beta" during most of their development cycles (and then removed the products entirely). 

Or are we talking the game industry? There are plenty of betas out there right now that in no shape or form fill your definition of "feature complete".

• Chivalry 2
  • Magic: Legends
  • Skull & Bones
  • Winterfall

Just to name a few, and there's plenty of them out there. If the "industry standard" isn't what you claim it is, then all you are relying on is a segment of the industry, and certainly not the industry as a whole.

Essentially if we boil it down, you're saying that you prefer one definition to another. Which certainly is your right. But trying to apply said definition as some form of "demand" on how everyone should act; then you've essentially set yourself up for disappointment.

38 minutes ago, AzureChimes said:

And to call it a "classical definition" really just blurs the line of the definition itself as a segway to bring forth a subjective interpretation of said definition.

Because there isn't an absolute definition, "beta software" has plenty of different definitions, here's one:

Beta software refers to computer software that is undergoing testing and has not yet been officially released. The beta phase follows the alpha phase, but precedes the final version. Some beta software is only made available to a select number of users, while other beta programs are released to the general public.

Software developers release beta versions of software in order to garner useful feedback before releasing the final version of a program. They often provide web forums that allow beta testers to post their feedback and discuss their experience using software. Some beta software programs even have a built-in feedback feature that allows users to submit feature requests or bugs directly to the developer.

In most cases, a software developer will release multiple "beta" versions of a program during the beta phase. Each version includes updates and bug fixes that have been made in response to user feedback. The beta phase may last anywhere from a few weeks for a small program to several months for a large program.

Each beta version is typically labeled with the final version number followed by a beta version identifier. For example, the fifth beta release of the second version of a software program may have the version number "2.0b5." If a developer prefers not to list the specific version of a beta program, the version number may simply have the term "(beta)" after the program name, e.g. "My New App (beta)." This naming convention is commonly used for beta versions of websites or web applications.

Since beta software is a pre-release version of the final application, it may be unstable or lack features that will be be included in the final release. Therefore, beta software often comes with a disclaimer that testers should use the software at their own risk. If you choose to beta test a program, be aware that it may not function as expected.

source: TechTerms.com

Not a reputable enough source for you? How about merriam webster then?

Definition of beta test

: a field test of the beta version of a product (such as software) especially by testers outside the company developing it that is conducted prior to commercial release

source: Merriam Webster (beta test, original definition from 1983)

Notice how neither of these definitions mentioned "feature complete". Your argument that there is ONE and only one absolute definition of what a beta is, is on quite shaky grounds.

44 minutes ago, AzureChimes said:

Then bring up the criminal ToS that would be illegal in the west alone for its anti consumer practices. Its the response I expect from essentially a paid employee. So don't blame you for the corpo response.

Making claims about something such as this (which sounds more like corporate defamation) is one thing. Substantiating these claims however are another. Regardless, everyone who purchase a game in a beta state agree to Terms of Service, this is done by multiple corporations in the world. Not just BattleState. 

I suggest you back down from this line of reasoning as it is borderlining on a forum violation.

51 minutes ago, AzureChimes said:

Considering that not even all of its maps are available I shouldn't even need to explain the words feature complete at this point.

Alright then, by your own definition, Escape From Tarkov isn't "feature complete". But even software developers in the industry would know that there's a huge difference between making a calculator program in C# and developing a game as vast in complexity. By your extremely narrow definition; no game that adds levels or game mechanics ever reaches a beta stage. After all, if you're adding features and game mechanics, you must be an alpha, right?

In that case games that are continuously developed past release (like Escape From Tarkov is likely to be as per Nikitas own words during the holiday) with DLC, new items, levels, etc. ever come to a beta.

You only paint yourself into a corner when applying such narrow definitions, there are a huge differences in the software world. Game projects obviously take years and years to make, and involve hundreds or sometime thousands of people. The reality is that the definition of beta in the industry at large is much more fluid than you want to admit.

1 hour ago, AzureChimes said:

Then you have release candidate builds that usually are theoretically 100% feature done. Then there is finally phase testing that is generally pushed to RTM. Generally the build you give to reviewers. Then finally you go gold.

You are speaking of old classic definitions made in a time when the majority of software development had small teams, lesser complexity and short lifespans. Are there businesses out there that still follow these practices? Certainly. I imagine Microsoft might still abide by them in Windows development (at least they did up until Windows 8 ). But others don't. They see such definitions as nothing but limiting, and some even avoid using the term at all, and simply stamp "early access" on their product to avoid having to deal with arguments such as these.

Even the term "gone gold" is old school, and used to mean that the game was now in a state to be printed on media (CD-ROMS in this case) due to these media used to be printed on gold (coloured) film. These days not every company bothers with reporting "going gold", and even the companies that do, don't actually release the game after announcing going gold. But introduce day 1 patches that unlock or add content.

1 hour ago, AzureChimes said:

But instead just like most "Beta" developers now a days you have a complete disregard for any process in general in order to sideline criticism and blur the lines of responsibility.

It seems you're finally arriving to reality here in your last sentence and start to see that the world of software development has changed. Adobe has a completely different release cycle for example, where you now don't pay for one version of a software, but are buying a software that is ever expanding with features and content.

There are so many software giants that simply don't care about these definitions because it just doesn't work en masse. CCP Games, Blizzard, CD Projekt Red, and many others continue to expand their original vision by changing their titles both during alpha, beta and also post release.

Software development these days simply is much different to what it used to be. And while it certainly is your prerogative to hold on to the past, it won't actually help you. Just make you bitter and frustrated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Spectator6
16 hours ago, jockmcplop said:

I wish they would do something about ADAD spam, but I don't think they will to be honest.

You don't think so, eh?

You ever watched any of the TarkovTV podcasts?

As Nikita stated in one of the most recent productions, inertia and momentum are in the works.

AzureChimes
10 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

Which industry? Whose definition. Are you talking about software development in general, or praxis? Praxis means what is actually practiced in a specific industry. If we're talking generally, then the largest companies (eg. Google) certainly don't abide by the definition you wish to apply. They've had products in "beta" during most of their development cycles (and then removed the products entirely). 

Or are we talking the game industry? There are plenty of betas out there right now that in no shape or form fill your definition of "feature complete".

• Chivalry 2
  • Magic: Legends
  • Skull & Bones
  • Winterfall

Just to name a few, and there's plenty of them out there. If the "industry standard" isn't what you claim it is, then all you are relying on is a segment of the industry, and certainly not the industry as a whole.

Essentially if we boil it down, you're saying that you prefer one definition to another. Which certainly is your right. But trying to apply said definition as some form of "demand" on how everyone should act; then you've essentially set yourself up for disappointment.

Because there isn't an absolute definition, "beta software" has plenty of different definitions, here's one:

source: TechTerms.com

Not a reputable enough source for you? How about merriam webster then?

source: Merriam Webster (beta test, original definition from 1983)

Notice how neither of these definitions mentioned "feature complete". Your argument that there is ONE and only one absolute definition of what a beta is, is on quite shaky grounds.

Making claims about something such as this (which sounds more like corporate defamation) is one thing. Substantiating these claims however are another. Regardless, everyone who purchase a game in a beta state agree to Terms of Service, this is done by multiple corporations in the world. Not just BattleState. 

I suggest you back down from this line of reasoning as it is borderlining on a forum violation.

Alright then, by your own definition, Escape From Tarkov isn't "feature complete". But even software developers in the industry would know that there's a huge difference between making a calculator program in C# and developing a game as vast in complexity. By your extremely narrow definition; no game that adds levels or game mechanics ever reaches a beta stage. After all, if you're adding features and game mechanics, you must be an alpha, right?

In that case games that are continuously developed past release (like Escape From Tarkov is likely to be as per Nikitas own words during the holiday) with DLC, new items, levels, etc. ever come to a beta.

You only paint yourself into a corner when applying such narrow definitions, there are a huge differences in the software world. Game projects obviously take years and years to make, and involve hundreds or sometime thousands of people. The reality is that the definition of beta in the industry at large is much more fluid than you want to admit.

You are speaking of old classic definitions made in a time when the majority of software development had small teams, lesser complexity and short lifespans. Are there businesses out there that still follow these practices? Certainly. I imagine Microsoft might still abide by them in Windows development (at least they did up until Windows 8 ). But others don't. They see such definitions as nothing but limiting, and some even avoid using the term at all, and simply stamp "early access" on their product to avoid having to deal with arguments such as these.

Even the term "gone gold" is old school, and used to mean that the game was now in a state to be printed on media (CD-ROMS in this case) due to these media used to be printed on gold (coloured) film. These days not every company bothers with reporting "going gold", and even the companies that do, don't actually release the game after announcing going gold. But introduce day 1 patches that unlock or add content.

It seems you're finally arriving to reality here in your last sentence and start to see that the world of software development has changed. Adobe has a completely different release cycle for example, where you now don't pay for one version of a software, but are buying a software that is ever expanding with features and content.

There are so many software giants that simply don't care about these definitions because it just doesn't work en masse. CCP Games, Blizzard, CD Projekt Red, and many others continue to expand their original vision by changing their titles both during alpha, beta and also post release.

Software development these days simply is much different to what it used to be. And while it certainly is your prerogative to hold on to the past, it won't actually help you. Just make you bitter and frustrated.

So in short, Tarkov is free from any criticism and actually accountability because Webster over here has a dictionary. You should've added "How about them apples" at the end of your comment.

• Sad 1
tobiassolem
2 minutes ago, AzureChimes said:

So in short, Tarkov is free from any criticism and actually accountability because Webster over here has a dictionary. You should've added "How about them apples" at the end of your comment.

I'm sad to hear that after all that you went to making a strawman argument rather than an actual argument.