Constantly disconnecting. Unplayable game and BSG does not help or reply

oddzx10r

I purchased EOD Tarkov about 2 months ago because all of my friends play it and it seemed really fun. In the past 2 months, I have experienced more issues with this game than I have ever before in my 21 years of playing video games. I get disconnected from EVERY SINGLE SERVER I JOIN. I have tried different state servers. I have tried different network types. I am playing on a 2070 super with 32 gb ram, hardwired to 500 MB/s download speed internet. This issue is NOT on my end whatsoever. I have tried NUMEROUS times to try and get help and nobody seems to care. "Our developers are working hard to fix the issues with our servers" is the best response I have gotten. I understand the game is in beta, and I dont expect the game to be perfect. But the game is 100% unplayable how it sits this very moment. I am ashamed in BSG, and ashamed in myself for not reading into the plethora of negative reviews regarding this exact problem.

RACWAR

Check with your internet provider if you have DS Lite or DS Native. An upgrade from DS Lite to DS Native eliminated all connection issues that I had with my game. Plenty of other players have reported the same on the forums here.

• Like 1
tobiassolem

Hello oddzx10r!

While I definitely understand that the issue is frustrating for you, it seems unreasonable to think that issues such as the you are experiencing are widespread; or there would be a lot more people than you being irritated about this and spamming reddit/forums/etc. about this specific issue.

This makes me think that the problem might actually lie closer to home than you think. To narrow things down it would be interesting to know what your Internet connection is. Are you using an ethernet cable to connect to the Internet? Do you run any type of firewalls in-between you and the Internet connection, is the household or neighbourhood sharing the same connection?

Also your present location in the world would be interesting to know (what server(s) do you connect to).

By getting some more information it will be easier to start trying to deduce what the problem might be!

• Like 1
Shortstacker
38 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

Hello oddzx10r!

While I definitely understand that the issue is frustrating for you, it seems unreasonable to think that issues such as the you are experiencing are widespread; or there would be a lot more people than you being irritated about this and spamming reddit/forums/etc. about this specific issue.

This makes me think that the problem might actually lie closer to home than you think. To narrow things down it would be interesting to know what your Internet connection is. Are you using an ethernet cable to connect to the Internet? Do you run any type of firewalls in-between you and the Internet connection, is the household or neighbourhood sharing the same connection?

Also your present location in the world would be interesting to know (what server(s) do you connect to).

By getting some more information it will be easier to start trying to deduce what the problem might be!

Lol, got em

oddzx10r
14 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Hello oddzx10r!

I understand what you mean entirely. It is even more frustrating that I seem to be among the few people experiencing this problem. But I HAVE found hundreds of reddit posts/ reviews all stating the same problem I have. Like I said, I get the game is in Beta. I do not expect it to be perfect. But being able to connect and actually play through a raid, laggy or not, should never be an issue. 

To clarify on my connection settings:

I am located in Arizona, USA.  I had this issue when I first purchased the game, and found that the California servers were my best bet at around 15 m/s latency. Once I selected California, instead of Auto, and started being the "party leader" of every raid, it solved my issue up until 3 days ago where I began disconnecting from every raid once again. I have tried just about every other US server and have the same issue. I am running a hardwired connection with about 300 mb/s download speed. Every other game I play runs impeccably. I am the only computer on my connection here at home. I have even disconnected my phone and tablet since this began. Tarkov is the only thing running on my internet, and I still have issues. 

oddzx10r
15 hours ago, RACWAR said:

Check with your internet provider if you have DS Lite or DS Native. An upgrade from DS Lite to DS Native eliminated all connection issues that I had with my game. Plenty of other players have reported the same on the forums here.

Do you by any chance have a further explanation on how to do this? I am open to any attempt at a solution as I love this game but cannot seem to play it :(

JohnnyReverb
On 2/19/2021 at 1:32 AM, oddzx10r said:

I understand what you mean entirely. It is even more frustrating that I seem to be among the few people experiencing this problem. But I HAVE found hundreds of reddit posts/ reviews all stating the same problem I have. Like I said, I get the game is in Beta. I do not expect it to be perfect. But being able to connect and actually play through a raid, laggy or not, should never be an issue. 

To clarify on my connection settings:

I am located in Arizona, USA.  I had this issue when I first purchased the game, and found that the California servers were my best bet at around 15 m/s latency. Once I selected California, instead of Auto, and started being the "party leader" of every raid, it solved my issue up until 3 days ago where I began disconnecting from every raid once again. I have tried just about every other US server and have the same issue. I am running a hardwired connection with about 300 mb/s download speed. Every other game I play runs impeccably. I am the only computer on my connection here at home. I have even disconnected my phone and tablet since this began. Tarkov is the only thing running on my internet, and I still have issues. 

the bandwidth will have VERY little impact to your network "gaming" performance inside your LAN, more important is ping and jitter in/out, even ISP interconnection routing/peering can lead to high response times.

then do you have a firewall or a home-router? is there any security active like IPS/IDS, firewall rules, load-balancing, traffic shaping etc. check those ones first,  since they have very high impact on the packets going in and out of your network. then do you have a switch? i guess not, and if yes, try to use an unmanaged layer2 one, since configuring layer3 for performance can get tricky if you dont know what you are doing.

nonetheless, are you sure your whole network is experience the same symptoms you're reporting? to the guy above me, dual-stacking is used for ipv6 encapsulation and some hardware can work better with either config. seems you have some analytic troubleshooting to do

On 2/18/2021 at 7:39 PM, oddzx10r said:

Do you by any chance have a further explanation on how to do this? I am open to any attempt at a solution as I love this game but cannot seem to play it :(

So, when you get disconnected, do you by chance notice your ping in the top right hand corner shooting up?

I play on DSL and well tbh its crap but I can usually play with euro players and servers at 140 ping with little trouble (random one off disconnects but its usually ok). 

If you see your ping shooting up in game, prior to getting disconnected. You may try running some ping tests in windows command prompt to something like google. See if your ping is randomly jumping up. You can do a command for a continious ping and just let it run for a couple minutes and see if it spikes randomly. 

Your download speed doesn't necessarily matter if there is an issue with the connection to the house causing ping/jitter problems. And since this game generally kicks you if you jump over 150 for any set amount of time its pretty punishing and likely why other people have similar problems. If your ping is randomly spiking it could be an indication there is something wrong with the connection to your home. 

Edited by xCaZx