Remove the BTC farm

ACuddlyBadger

Its finally gotten down to making me go broke crafting profitable things in the hideout because I don't have one. I'm coming across thermals every other raid when I'm using a tapco SKS with budget ammo wearing a PACA and 6B47. I'm coming across thermals camping rock passage. I went across a duo on woods using thermals on a meta M1A and Mk18. I killed a guy using a mid tier SR25 FLIR by the village on Shoreline when he was doing surgery in a bush.

I look at people who do PVP and die losing expensive gear losing expensive gear repeatedly and I wonder where the hell do they get all the money from, they don't really do hatchet runs. They got a bitcoin farm they stocked with gamma pistol/hatchet runs making them 2m roubles daily! 

I thought the game was supposed to be hard, but instead its easy street for the experienced players who know to farm graphics cards for a bitcoin farm, who then have the money to dump on expendable gear that low level players can't even sell for a decent amount if they get a lucky kill. I don't think this is good game design.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Removing BTC farm will not solve your problem with encountering thermals, as you can still make hundreds of millions without it. I do however think that the link to IRL bitcoin value should be removed and it being set back to a value of 120k per bitcoin. That way the barter for bitcoins also start to make sense again.

I don't believe the value of bitcoin will go down to the value of a year ago anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I agree that removing BTC farm will not solve the issue.
Maybe a better suggestion would have been to nerf the mining speed, but then again, doesn`t mean there will be any less thermals.
If you lucky to kill someone using thermal, why sell, use it, take advantage of it.

How do you know everyone under the sun is using thermals? I rarely see thermals ingame and i kill 2-4 people per raid. There is always going to be those players of have a over abundance of money and removing the BTC farm will not affect them, it will affect the casual player more than the tryhards. 

In your post you seem to be making a lot of assumptions and i'm going to assume that you're just inexperienced and haven't learned the ways of actively making money so you're just blaming every death on thermals. 

Id like to point out where at the point in the wipe were average players are hitting the Test Drive quest where you need to get pmc kills with a thermal m1a. 

Seems like the masses have gotten to "Test Drive" task. Thats probably the increase of thermals. I havent encountered any, so you just should consider yourself lucky, those thermals are nice loot if you kill the person using one.

You being broke is not a reason to do anything. Youve made some bad choices if thats the case. Money, even without bitcoin farm, is so easy to make in EFT nowadays. Easier than ever, if we exclude the FiR change. 

IF youre having troubles, learn how to farm raiders for example. When you learn it, you have infinite good gear and money.

Yeah, I'm all for it. Money is already too easy to make and BTC farm is making it even easier.

Second issue is that inflated fuel prices made crafting pointless. Unless you're mining BTC there's no reason to start your generator as you will only lose money.

On 2/20/2021 at 8:11 PM, nbmv said:

Yeah, I'm all for it. Money is already too easy to make and BTC farm is making it even easier.

Second issue is that inflated fuel prices made crafting pointless. Unless you're mining BTC there's no reason to start your generator as you will only lose money.

That is why there is a Hideout management skill, decreases fuel consumption :)

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 2:45 PM, ACuddlyBadger said:

I thought the game was supposed to be hard, but instead its easy street for the experienced players who know to farm graphics cards for a bitcoin farm, who then have the money to dump on expendable gear that low level players can't even sell for a decent amount if they get a lucky kill. I don't think this is good game design.

Experienced players will be good in anything in any game - not only in Takov. Bitcoin farm is not easy to get; it requires fuel (which is expensive right now) and a lot of graphics card - the more you have, the quicker you mine BTC. Graphics card are also expensive: with one card you wait a lot of time to be payed back. 

Last wipe, graphics card cost ~300 000 roubles, now it's even 1 mln. So grinding to get 50/50 cards in farm takes really long time. 

Removing Bitcoin will not solve your problem; there will be other ways to get money - and players, who are experienced will always find a way. Maybe your idea should be changed to extend the time of mining?

4 hours ago, Biala_Mewa said:

Graphics card are also expensive

Not a valid argument since you can just hatchet run tech stores on interchange.

5 hours ago, MissionQuasar said:

That is why there is a Hideout management skill, decreases fuel consumption :)

Completely irrerevant in the current circumstances, at level 25 it's lile 13% decrease.

1 hour ago, nbmv said:

Not a valid argument since you can just hatchet run tech stores on interchange.

Does the graphics cards always spawn there? Does a hatchling player always has the best spawn to go there? 

1 hour ago, nbmv said:

Completely irrerevant in the current circumstances, at level 25 it's lile 13% decrease.

13% is a lot, it's noticeable difference. 

Removing the bitcoin farm may not resolve all the economy issues, but it would certainly be a step in the right direction.
A game about survival in a warzone should not have an element to the player progression/global economy which serves to only generate infinite money. It's not even something useful for survival, like water or food, it's just direct money in a format you can sometimes exchange for a case if you still need it.

It has no place in the setting from an authenticity standpoint, nor in the gameplay from an economy or balance one.
Anything the farm and bitcoins do a direct Graphics Card barter would do better, and anything it does in excess of what could be done with a barter is something that shouldn't be done.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Biala_Mewa said:

I agree, 13% is very noticable.
And the fact that the skill can help further decrease the fuel consumption makes me level the hideout management even more.
Tho it is very grindy skill, well worth the effort.

• Like 1

I don`t need the Farm, but I am happy to have it. You can play different styles, try this and that, without the pressure of losing anything. don`t get me wrong, i love the phase of an early wipe, but I don`t have 5-8h a day to play this game. Without a Farm casuals - like me - will have a lot harder times to compete with the younger folks and the hardcore players - who just have or take more time to play this game. still the farm is not the problem, the problem is that i can buy at level 10 anything i want. as soon as i reached lvl10, i bought endgame gear, the best ammo and lvl5 armor - because: why not? (also the price was low) as long, as you can buy those gamechanging armor and ammo from the flea without any lvl cap or something like that, you have the problem of rich kids and those who aren`t. i just do loot runs, sell my stuff and buy good gear. i would really love to see, that you cant sell those endgame gear. those should be only found in raid - literally. no 7n3 from the barter, no M993 on the flea, no slick etc. ofc you have to change some quests, but those are more annoying and not rewarding anyway.

• Like 2
  • Hot 1

16 hours ago, Biala_Mewa said:

Does the graphics cards always spawn there? Does a hatchling player always has the best spawn to go there?

Often enough to make hatchet runs a viable option.

16 hours ago, Biala_Mewa said:

On paper. With the inflated fuel prices and global stock limits(fuel gets sold out in minutes) that skill might as well not exist at all.

• Sad 1

On 2/19/2021 at 8:03 AM, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

I do however think that the link to IRL bitcoin value should be removed.

If they want to keep it tethered to IRL prices, change the BTC to a floating number. Right now it's actually 0.2 BTC, when it gets expensive make it work it's way down to 0.1 or whatever it needs to be so its max is never above say 450k, and have it go up to 0.4 or whatever it needs to keep it above 150k. No need to dork with farm requirements or farming speeds.

• Sad 2

You dont make money from the BTC farm....you make money by surviving raids. Simple enough. Anything else you are looking for excuses my man.

Good luck in Tarkov!

you think people has tens of millions because of BTC farm? Or maybe the BTC farm allows players that can't spend every day nerding tarkov to put some money away? Do you know how much a low-risk money run can yield per hour?  You're pointing the finger at the wrong culprit

On 2/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, beddamischia said:

Do you know how much a low-risk money run can yield per hour?

I see a lot of people say this same thing - in question form like it's completely obvious to everyone.  But to answer your rhetorical question, no, I think people do not know this

It seems like certain types of players figure this out early or maybe they understood it from other games.  But for me and a lot of frustrated new players, I have been struggling to make money and keep my PMC geared.

Can you tell me what your plan is for a pmc run to make low-risk big money runs?  Please help!

5 hours ago, dreuseff said:

I see a lot of people say this same thing - in question form like it's completely obvious to everyone.  But to answer your rhetorical question, no, I think people do not know this

It seems like certain types of players figure this out early or maybe they understood it from other games.  But for me and a lot of frustrated new players, I have been struggling to make money and keep my PMC geared.

Can you tell me what your plan is for a pmc run to make low-risk big money runs?  Please help!

Just do runs likestash run, that's the easiest. I personally don't but  a friend started playing this wipe and he already has 20 mil roubles with as few as 300 raida, he's low level and has no hideout and no quests done. Money is super easy in tarkov but it should be remembered that money isn't progress and that many quests will already award you stuff worth millions of rbls

I think you are just all missing the point of this thread. BITCOIN Farm has nothing to do in this game. And no money is not easy to make. Skill is required to make money as well as time.

Seeing this game in you own spectrum of skill is nonsense when it comes to balancing.

The very problem with BTC is that it makes you earn money by jut being fuel. And fuel can be bought by just managing to get some Roubles. That is the problem.

Tarkov is about getting your beef out there and putting stuff on the line. Bringing gear, playing the Win-Or-Loose game.

Removing BTC might not solve the game. But is has no purpose of being in that game.It is a fantastic idea, I mean I loved the idea. I just don't see this in Tarkov. Keep that for you nextgen City Builder but take that crap out of EFT.

For money, you need challenge. And "just", even if getting those cards is a challenge, long term, it makes no sense to keep such thing in the hideout. Because it brings constant income.

I don't think the bitcoin farm would be such an egregious player economy breaker if it wasn't tied to the actual real life value of BTC. It could probably serve the same purpose just fine if there was a simulated btc market that fell within certain boundaries (eg 100k-300k)

On 2/26/2021 at 9:42 PM, dreuseff said:

1.Get the three interchange register keys, or even just one or two of them to start with 2. run to the registers 3. open and loot every single register 4. alpha/beta/gamma all the money 5a. die 10 minutes into the raid with 120k+ in your case 5b. Kill some scavs and extract 6. repeat 4+ more times in an hour

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2021 at 5:30 AM, Zyniel said:

I think you are just all missing the point of this thread. BITCOIN Farm has nothing to do in this game. And no money is not easy to make. Skill is required to make money as well as time.

Seeing this game in you own spectrum of skill is nonsense when it comes to balancing.

The very problem with BTC is that it makes you earn money by jut being fuel. And fuel can be bought by just managing to get some Roubles. That is the problem.

Tarkov is about getting your beef out there and putting stuff on the line. Bringing gear, playing the Win-Or-Loose game.

Removing BTC might not solve the game. But is has no purpose of being in that game.It is a fantastic idea, I mean I loved the idea. I just don't see this in Tarkov. Keep that for you nextgen City Builder but take that crap out of EFT.

For money, you need challenge. And "just", even if getting those cards is a challenge, long term, it makes no sense to keep such thing in the hideout. Because it brings constant income.

But if you're arguing that then you also have to take out the water purifier and booze generator, because they're also both afk input item get out profit stations... 

• Like 2