We all know

Moriibund

That desync is a major problem, but why are streamers, allowed to play on servers on the opposite side of the world? Why am I in US NE servers playing against a Russian #1 in kills streamer? hearing gunshots after the screen goes black is always a joy. This should be a violation of TOS. I can't play with my EU friend without him getting booted from the game but this guy can abuse the ping with a VPN and it's fine. I am so tired of all the BS that comes with this game. Desync, ping abuse, radar, shotgun sniper scavs with inferred aimbot. There is no excuse for someone this well known in the community to get away with doing this, even after he has been banned in the past for cheating?

Clubberg

Ping from Russia to East Cost US servers is fine to play without ping abuse (depend on internet connection though. If it is bad a person doesn't have the opportunity to play US servers)

If your EU friend has some problems playing with you maybe he has bad connection

Moriibund

Then why hide the ping?? Why play on US servers?? Why am I only hearing the gunshot after my screen goes black?? Answer seems obvious to me. A lot of people in this game will use any advantage they can get. Pestily can't play with DeadlySlob because of ping but this guy is free to run all over US servers? no, get him out of here. If you are not in a squad with someone under 90rtt or have under 90rtt yourself get off the server. The desync is bad enough without help.

Moriibund

I reported him with the in-game report, I'm not sure if there is a better way to report ping abuse or not, if there is feel free to let me know and I will do that as well.

Also 140-250 is not 'fine'

tobiassolem

Not sure why people believe that connecting via VPN would somehow lower ping. Adding another point far away between the client and the server will increase the ping, not lower it. Seems like a misunderstanding of how networking works.

If this guy is connecting to NA, it is because wherever he lives is within the allowed ping limits of the game.

As for the reason why you hear the gunshot after you die might be supersonic rounds. They are bullets that strike a target quicker than the speed of sound.

Clubberg
5 minutes ago, Moriibund said:

Pestily can't play with DeadlySlob because of ping but this guy is free to run all over US servers? 

Maybe because AUS - USA distance is two times bigger than Moscow - East Coast US http://joxi.ru/V2VOKZ1CkDe9YA

You know, ping depends on that distance 

Moriibund
25 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

Not sure why people believe that connecting via VPN would somehow lower ping. Adding another point far away between the client and the server will increase the ping, not lower it.

A VPN can make it look like you have a lower ping, not actually lower it. It simply looks to the launcher/ server that you are connecting from the VPN's location instead of your own. 

20 minutes ago, Clubberg said:

Maybe because AUS - USA distance is two times bigger than Moscow - East Coast US http://joxi.ru/V2VOKZ1CkDe9YA

You know, ping depends on that distance 

and Moscow is one of the closest parts of Russia to the US East coast. Even if he is in Moscow, he is on the very line of what is allowed in-game so again, why is he hiding the ping? and why does he feel the need to be on US East servers instead of any of these available Russian servers?

Capture.PNG

Clubberg
3 minutes ago, Moriibund said:

and Moscow is one of the closest parts of Russia to the US East coast. Even if he is in Moscow, he is on the very line of what is allowed in-game so again, why is he hiding the ping? and why does he feel the need to be on US East servers instead of any of these available Russian servers?

Streamers hide ping to prevent streamsniping

And ping to US East coast servers from Moscow is better than yours from your location to Moscow. 

Moriibund
4 minutes ago, Clubberg said:

Streamers hide ping to prevent streamsniping

And ping to US East coast servers from Moscow is better than yours from your location to Moscow. 

How does ping enable stream sniping?

Clubberg
2 minutes ago, Moriibund said:

How does ping enable stream sniping?

Viewers can see specific amount of ping and knowing location of streamer can guess the server used by streamer. Then they invade these server and have a chance actually meet the streamer. Not 100% chance but anyway.

And therefore we can't say that Tarkov streamsniping doesn't exist.

• Sad 2
GeneralBrus
2 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

As for the reason why you hear the gunshot after you die might be supersonic rounds. They are bullets that strike a target quicker than the speed of sound.

wait, is that even a game feature yet?

tobiassolem
2 hours ago, Moriibund said:

A VPN can make it look like you have a lower ping, not actually lower it. It simply looks to the launcher/ server that you are connecting from the VPN's location instead of your own. 

This is mostly false, and something some of the VPN sales-reps would love for you to think, the rare cases where routing to a VPN and then to a game server would decrease your ping are so unlikely the claim is mostly nonsense. The moment someone on a VPN connects to a server he normally would have too high ping to connect to, he would become kicked for too high ping.

A VPN doesn't magically make packages travel faster over the Internet, but much more likely increases the distance between you and the destination server.

Feel free to try it yourself though (I did, and got kicked immediately).

• Confused 1
Kenpachi1985
vor 39 Minuten schrieb tobiassolem:

This is mostly false, and something some of the VPN sales-reps would love for you to think, the rare cases where routing to a VPN and then to a game server would decrease your ping are so unlikely the claim is mostly nonsense. The moment someone on a VPN connects to a server he normally would have too high ping to connect to, he would become kicked for too high ping.

A VPN doesn't magically make packages travel faster over the Internet, but much more likely increases the distance between you and the destination server.

Feel free to try it yourself though (I did, and got kicked immediately).

The only time a VPN can help with ping problems is when your ISP is consistenly bad at routing and/or has a bad infrastructure AND the VPN routing and servers do way better.  But yes, its all mostly selling arguments that don't really hold up to reality, especially when talking about intercontinental ping that simply can't be lowered by a VPN.

• Upvote 1
p30pl3h4t3m3

The distance doesn't matter, the routing & server hops do, depending on the performance of server connections.

If you use VPN, your routes are defined & limited. In theory this doesn't sound like a bad idea, to have a privat trail with less stops, but in reality, it's just a trail, not a highway...

• Upvote 1
AzureChimes
On 2/22/2021 at 12:39 PM, Clubberg said:

Ping from Russia to East Cost US servers is fine to play without ping abuse (depend on internet connection though. If it is bad a person doesn't have the opportunity to play US servers)

If your EU friend has some problems playing with you maybe he has bad connection

Without any latency or any inconsistencies?

Press X to doubt

• Like 1