How many cost a better server?

Every week we have a problems with the servers. Every week we have some crashes and backend problems.

If you can join the game, then you have a desync problems.

Its impossible get a better server? How many cost a decent server? How is possible that games Free To Play dont have problems and we are every week with the same since a lot of months....

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
Wengosz_Mleczny

I've heard they are already planning on changing the server provider, it's just that it takes a lot of time to change the servers for better

Yarbird

Im pretty sure they are in contract with a hosting company preventing them from switching. They probably also did not expect the game to blow up like it did. Give it time.

GroanednPwned

Let me spell it out for you..

T
A
R
K
O
V

With jokes out of the way, BSG is aware of the network issues and are doing everything they can to fix them.

Wait... Didn't I say that jokes were out of the way? My bad.

lol Honestly, I just hope they can eventually fix the hacking and networking issues. Hacking will always be a constant battle, but this game is by far the worst infestation I have ever seen in a game. Tarkov is unfortunately doomed at this rate :(

mulholland06

This so called "contract" is literal BS. No one in there right mind would pay for a service that doesn't work. Oh wait i payed for Tarkov. Anyway signing contracts like that is not the way it works. Nothing I find says this is how the system works. Even if that was true there would be a clause stating if our service does not work you would be released. Companies would be sued 24/7 for there horrible servers and no one would touch them again. So can we please stop spouting what Nakita said ONE time.

Evilwayz

Honestly I would have zero issue with them charging a monthly subscription to have access to better servers. Legit all they have to do is give players a monthly drop that consists of clothing (so that it does not effect game play like gear or money) and just charge $10 a month. It would cover any costs for better servers and I would happily pay that to improve game performance and even give them more money to go after hackers.

• Like 1
Shibre93100
2 hours ago, Wengosz_Mleczny said:

it takes a lot of time to change the servers for better

it really doesn't take any time at all

migrate the data and services

freeze the old system

launch the new one

done

It could be as fast as instant without even needing any downtime whatsoever

AzureChimes
On 2/22/2021 at 5:30 PM, Wengosz_Mleczny said:

I've heard they are already planning on changing the server provider, it's just that it takes a lot of time to change the servers for better

Can you source this.

Caster89Actual
On 2/22/2021 at 2:25 PM, RAIDx said:

Every week we have a problems with the servers. Every week we have some crashes and backend problems.

If you can join the game, then you have a desync problems.

Its impossible get a better server? How many cost a decent server? How is possible that games Free To Play dont have problems and we are every week with the same since a lot of months....

Really rattles the old almond bowl as to who at BSG made the choice in service providers/servers. Look up battle(non)sense on YouTube. His videos on tarkov netcode is a great watch.

At least this is becoming common knowledge now. People who try and blame the dusting, desynch and hit box issues on the player or the players PC or that they “need to git güd” actually makes me angry enough to fantasize about reaching through my screen and crushing their windpipe.

Aduial

Fix those shitty servers ....fu    ing unplayable atm lost over 400k on gear because of connection loss......Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

just when i make my peace with my shitty skills and the unforgiving world of tarkov ,fücking tarkov beta kicks you whlie laying on the ground in your nuts.......*puke noises*

dragnamor

I have 4 friends who play Tarkov, one which I play constantly, usually every 2 wipes/major updates, but this wipe he gave up before level 20 and I've only reached lvl 41 now, because it's been so frustrating to be able to play due to these constant disconnects. Most days I'm just treating it like a mobile game: entering the game, grabing stuff from hideout, leaving the game, playing only on weekends (with the same problems ocurring).

At the start of the current wipe the servers were really good, with the ocasional problem due to overload wich is expected at the start every wipe, but no disconnects. In other wipes we always played with NA East + SA (São Paulo) servers selected, but never got any SA raids, because if we only selected SA we would have 15 min + matching times. In this wipe having the same servers selected we were constantly getting SA servers, so this was really nice considering we were used to play with 110-140 ping.

Mid january the constant disconnects began, both for me and him, in different times, sometimes at the same. We changed back to US only servers, nothing changed. We have different internet providers and I even changed mine a couple weeks ago (not because of Tarkov xD), and still getting disconects. Had to travel because of work, tried the game on my laptop with both cable and wifi (different ISP than the ones I had at home), still had the same issues.

The disconnects are usually at the beggining of the raids, sometimes even during load, in most of them I get 2 disconnects and then - if I'm still alive when I get back - I can play, sometimes they just keep going until, showing as "completed or aborted", but I can come back in if the game hasn't killed me due to the time away or someone got to me first.

I really don't care about gear lost in all these disconnects, I'm just mad because I can't play the game properly. This is by far my favorite game, hell, I've spent time writing this long as* post, which I almost never do in any game. I've always promoted it to a lot of people around me, got 4 friends to buy it and some who wanted to, but got negative reviews from these other friends, wich latelly I also have been recomending them to wait just so they don't give up on the game like others already did due to these problems.

Really hope this technical work scheduled will fix a lot of these problems.