Uppgrade RAM + fix stutters

anthocagaz

Hi, i have a question, actually i have 1x16Gb 2666MHz RAM and i gonna change for 2x16Gb 3200MHz.

Somehone know if Tarkov gonna be playable with more FPS or less stutters ?

When i loot, and when i close the inventory, i have 3-5seconds freeze. 

Gonna fix them with more speedy and more RAM ?

It would help if you list all of your system specifications. Usually, having double channel memory (2 Ram sticks) is better then one, but 16 GB should be basically fine as your total Ram capacity.

4 hours ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

It would help if you list all of your system specifications. Usually, having double channel memory (2 Ram sticks) is better then one, but 16 GB should be basically fine as your total Ram capacity.

I have, I7 9750h, RTX 2060, 1x16gb 2666mHz now but 2x16gb 3200mHz soon. 

Tarkov on SSD. 

And my question is just know if i i go to 32gb and more frequency on ram,if i gonna have better performance ?

It will help in some way, yes, but a 3-5 second freeze sounds more like a) a game problem that you can't personally fix completely and needs to be patched or b) your system has some sort of other issue, since "just" having one ram stick with a bit lower speed instead of 2 usually does not lead to such grave freezing problems. 

Other people reported this freezing issue themselves, so my fair guess would be that it gets "better", but will not go away completely over night.

Anyway, making taht Ram upgrade is correct anyway, so nothing to worry about in the long run :)

14 minutes ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

It will help in some way, yes, but a 3-5 second freeze sounds more like a) a game problem that you can't personally fix completely and needs to be patched or b) your system has some sort of other issue, since "just" having one ram stick with a bit lower speed instead of 2 usually does not lead to such grave freezing problems. 

Other people reported this freezing issue themselves, so my fair guess would be that it gets "better", but will not go away completely over night.

Anyway, making taht Ram upgrade is correct anyway, so nothing to worry about in the long run :)

Ok ok ^^ thanks, yeah it's lag of long time but it can be a little freez ( 0.5, 1 seconds ) 

Well, it could work.

However since you listed a mobile CPU, i am guessing we're talking about a laptop? If that is the case, that RTX 2060 is actually closer in performance to a desktop 1660. Even though it's labeled as a 2060, general rule of thumb is that in laptops performance is generally going to be inferior to their desktop counterparts. 

Still, a 1660 should be enough to run Tarkov decently at med settings so a mobile 2060 should also be enough. 

Tarkov still lacks optimization, and tends to rely on the CPU for a lot of things as well.

14 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Well, it could work.

However since you listed a mobile CPU, i am guessing we're talking about a laptop? If that is the case, that RTX 2060 is actually closer in performance to a desktop 1660. Even though it's labeled as a 2060, general rule of thumb is that in laptops performance is generally going to be inferior to their desktop counterparts. 

Still, a 1660 should be enough to run Tarkov decently at med settings so a mobile 2060 should also be enough. 

Tarkov still lacks optimization, and tends to rely on the CPU for a lot of things as well.

I can concur that a 1660 will run tarkov without problems an good fps count . I logged in just the other day for the heck of it on shoreline an still get 108fps on that map . SO op's 2060 should do just fine even tho as Shiro said its equal to a 1660. Which even in the desktop setups the 1660 an 2060 do run neck an neck biggest difference is price . Lol even tho nowadays the price for any good gpu is ridiculous . 

On 2/24/2021 at 6:55 AM, anthocagaz said:

Tarkov on SSD. 

And my question is just know if i i go to 32gb and more frequency on ram,if i gonna have better performance ?

Upgrade to 32gb ram at 3200 minimum an install a m.2 and you will be golden . If a freeze up does happen I doubt you will even notice it . Also on the m.2 most of them out there are pretty reliable some faster than others some more stable than others . Personally I stick with just the samsung drives not because of the name because of the reliability . But also check an makesure your psu is strong enough if it isnt at minimum of a 650w then upgrade that too . intel an rtx setups do like to use alot of power but old saying goes better to play it safe than sorry . 

On 2/24/2021 at 12:55 PM, anthocagaz said:

Tarkov on SSD. 

Hi, probably not, you already have more than enough to run tarkov, my friend has 32gb ram @4200mhz and freezes up just as much as I with 16gb @2200 

4 hours ago, Kremson said:

Upgrade to 32gb ram at 3200 minimum an install a m.2 and you will be golden . If a freeze up does happen I doubt you will even notice it . Also on the m.2 most of them out there are pretty reliable some faster than others some more stable than others . Personally I stick with just the samsung drives not because of the name because of the reliability . But also check an makesure your psu is strong enough if it isnt at minimum of a 650w then upgrade that too . intel an rtx setups do like to use alot of power but old saying goes better to play it safe than sorry . 

What is your In game  settings for info please ? And already have the game on SSD M.2 512Gb.

3 hours ago, beddamischia said:

Hi, probably not, you already have more than enough to run tarkov, my friend has 32gb ram @4200mhz and freezes up just as much as I with 16gb @2200 

Yeah, possible ... i gonna look tomorow ^^ ...