I'm feeling so defeated, I can't seem to kill anyone or my shot is not hitting

N0T_D3v1LGaming

N0T_D3v1LGaming

This is my first wipe and I have around 100-200 hours in-game. My kill count is low, most of those were against ungeared/mid-gear players.

I've been gaming for around 6 years and do well on other FPS games, but just suck with Tarkov. I've tried all kinds of strategies, practiced a ton in offline raids, studied some maps. I have no problem killing all AI Scavs/bosses offline. But when I go online, my shot will not hit against other players even scav, I just can't win.

I thought hitting level 10 and had access to buy good ammo, that would help me, but it doesn't seem to be working. (a bit)

I just lost a lot of loot on Interchange, geared up with level 5 armor and helmet, fully modded RPK, with 2 60 rounds mags and 30 rounds full of 5.45 7n39 rounds. Running with group of 5, 3 died and only 2 left, at that point I was filled to the brim with loot getting back to my friend location and encounter 2 a scav, I mag dump into the scav body (I have my cross hair on him) close range but he some how still alive for 3 seconds and killed me with shotgun slug (4-6 shots) on the body (I raged and didnt check the ammo). Apparently he was the pmc in our 5 mans going scav, he laughed and rub it all over my face cause he killed me (got killed by other friend right after). I was so defeated I have no word to descrise that emotion I was going through. At that point I don't even know if it was me or the server anymore (singapore). I try and try and try and try but I just can not get good at the game.

I'm starting to get really demoralized and don't know what I'm doing wrong. I want to have fun and PvP but after losing so many gunfights after dumping so many rounds into people with no kills, its starting to get to me. I watch other people play and they make it look so easy and can down most players quickly with a flick of a finger.

Any tips would be appreciated, I swear the game gonna be the death of me someday.

• Like 2

I have the same feeling. I avoid PvP totally. I just do it in Factory,  small map, easy yo learn... What I do, is just get it mid geared and look for kills, any scavs or PMCs. I keep my self in the raid as long as I got severely damage, then run to extract and go again. That's how I got to lvl 10 quick. I do this as in factory is my important the headshots you can get than the ammo u use. I generally go for mp5 but any weapon can be used. Even pistols, I got surprising results with them.

Good luck. I'll be stick to the post as I'm interested in some advices either

chrisragnar

High pen ammo sucks against unarmoured targets because it has low DMG. 

Moving gives you a big advantage. Not standing still spraying and going in and out of cover when engaging probably gives you plenty advantage too.

There is something wrong ( a new one) , i`m lvl 46 almost getting my kappa but in last week scavs are not dyeing , I`m putting sometimes 5 bullets of 995 in a scav chest and he doesnt die , and even today one of them killed me.

Playing as a scav I sod a player and give him 2 little sprays with kedr , 14 shots not hits???? I was shooting right in the legs/chest area and no hits?

Time passes and tarkov netcode is getting worse , IDK how they managed to do that.

DrewPeecok69

100-200 hours in the game is not a huge amount of time. One of the biggest things on Tarkov is movement, something I still struggle with (~1000 hours and still make dumb mistakes). Some thing I implemented that truly helped me is if my first shot misses, I move positions. Even if it isn't drastic, its a different look, something that keeps the enemy on the defensive. Better ammo will reduce time to kill, but you can still take down a beefy boi if you have far superior positioning and knowledge

It sounds like you have a good basis for FPS games, and your problem might lie in the stress of "win or lose everything" mechanic which makes tarkov so great. Try to work on staying calm and remember that you can farm everything back if you lose it.

good luck, keep up the grind

JoaoMachado96

Same here, my hits seems not count...this game is completely different, i dont know if should i call this a game...this netcode is the worst i saw in online games