Face shield says it is 40/40 but there are bullet holes in it........

Daytrader

I bought two Multi-hit ballistic face shield-visor for Ops-Core FAST helmet, for the LZSh light helmet, they were 40/40, cost like 200K each, but both had Cracks in them near centre of visor, is this a bug ? surely if you buy a 100% 40/40 visor it should be new ? tried all the fixes that are out on the internet and nothing works to get rid of the crack, any help, thx

paracelsus1981

Did you try repairing it anyway? You might have found a bug. If in doubt please make enough pictures and description and file in a bug report. Too many people complain on forums but don't participate in reporting bugs. Nothing personal. Just a general observation.

• Thanks 1
Daytrader

I did post on reddit tarkov about it also, and they said its been a known bug for years now :( then i googled my problem, and its every where, and been on going right back to 2017, would have thought it would be fixed by now, wont repair as its a 40/40 100% brand new visor.

Edited by Daytrader
scrappercb

It's possible they got hit by buckshot which didn't cause damage to the shield.  Once it takes damage and you repair it the cracks will go away.

• Thanks 1
Daytrader
1 hour ago, Shibre93100 said:

200k for a class 3 FS?

Stop doing drugs lol

other than that, very strange indeed

There about 240K each actually, very popular i guess, must be a reason. 

45 minutes ago, scrappercb said:

It's possible they got hit by buckshot which didn't cause damage to the shield.  Once it takes damage and you repair it the cracks will go away.

But i bought brand new at 40/40, just would have thought there be perfect, also, alot of people saying even when fixed the cracks sometimes still there.

scrappercb

Ah sorry mate I misunderstood.  I thought you bought it from the flea market.

There used to be a bug where if you repaired the shield the cracks would stay for a single raid then disappear.  You can always get around that by doing a quick offline raid then disconnecting - I would always check to see if they were there in the hideout first. 

That said my experience this wipe has been when repaired the cracks disappear right away.

• Thanks 1
behi09ma
3 hours ago, scrappercb said:

Ah sorry mate I misunderstood.  I thought you bought it from the flea market.

There used to be a bug where if you repaired the shield the cracks would stay for a single raid then disappear.  You can always get around that by doing a quick offline raid then disconnecting - I would always check to see if they were there in the hideout first. 

That said my experience this wipe has been when repaired the cracks disappear right away.

they fixed that bug like you said. now you don't need to do a offline raid. just check it in hideout, then repair and get in the raid.

• Thanks 1
Shibre93100
8 hours ago, Daytrader said:

There about 240K each actually, very popular i guess, must be a reason. 

I don't know what you're doing with your traders but peacekeeper is selling them for 349$, which is already overpriced

I can't begin to understand why anyone would put 240k on a crappy visor like this one, combined with a crappy helmet like the LZSH

• Thanks 1
MixitBaby

Besides the problem with that visible crack - what's the point in using a class 3 faceshield for 200+k? I have not worn a helmet this wipe at all and about 95% of the headshots I received would have penetrated class 3 and 4 anyhow.

• Thanks 1
Daytrader

Right guys, thx for all the replys, i am only level 1 P, so have to buy from flea for alot of what i want, and yes well over priced :(,  @scrappercb , yes i did buy from flea, but you would think 40/40 visor would be clean of cracks ?,  also i have tried all this dropping helmet in a offline raid, and even insured item and discarded it on a online raid, and few dayslater when returned it still has cracks on visor,  and everytime i try in hideout, i have nightvision on, and cant use my helmet anyway,  @behi09ma ,  but you cant fix a 40/40 visor can you, so cant even repair to see if crack goes,  @Shibre93100 , yeh i cant buy that cheap as i am only level 1 P, so have to buy from flea,  i only use visor to stop all the ai scavs shot gunning me in the face, your right, any shot to head with good ammo will kill me anyway, but im fed up with scav one shotting me in face all the time.

Majlo
21 hours ago, Daytrader said:

I bought two Multi-hit ballistic face shield-visor for Ops-Core FAST helmet, for the LZSh light helmet, they were 40/40, cost like 200K each, but both had Cracks in them near centre of visor, is this a bug ? surely if you buy a 100% 40/40 visor it should be new ? tried all the fixes that are out on the internet and nothing works to get rid of the crack, any help, thx

Did you buy it from a player, or from one of the merchants? Only the ones bought from a merchant are guaranteed to be 100% pristine.

A 40/40 from a player could be a 39.99/40 for all we know. Rounding is fun.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Shibre93100

@Daytrader If you don't care about hearing everything you can just go with the kiver.

It will serve the same purpose as it's a lvl 3 helmet and FS, for a fraction of the cost

Same for the Zsh-1-2M, lvl4 helmet, lvl3 FS that both cost nothing

• Thanks 1
behi09ma
15 minutes ago, Daytrader said:

i have nightvision on, and cant use my helmet anyway,  @behi09ma 

there is a tab up on your left in hideout, you can turn the night vision on and off from there. no you can't repair a full durable armor or visor. even sometimes some specific armors with ceramic materials, can not get repaired even it is not in full durable status.

you kinda confused me, did you buy that visor from a trader or from a player? i'm pretty sure you have bought it from a player, cause there is no way to have a crack on it if you have bought it from a trader.

• Thanks 1
Daytrader

Thx guys, will try a few other helmets, and yes i guess it could have been a 39.9/40 and rounded off, and yes from players on the flea market, dont think i can buy from traders as im just level 1 for them.

MixitBaby
4 hours ago, Daytrader said:

Right guys, thx for all the replys, i am only level 1 P, so have to buy from flea for alot of what i want, and yes well over priced :(,  @scrappercb , yes i did buy from flea, but you would think 40/40 visor would be clean of cracks ?,  also i have tried all this dropping helmet in a offline raid, and even insured item and discarded it on a online raid, and few dayslater when returned it still has cracks on visor,  and everytime i try in hideout, i have nightvision on, and cant use my helmet anyway,  @behi09ma ,  but you cant fix a 40/40 visor can you, so cant even repair to see if crack goes,  @Shibre93100 , yeh i cant buy that cheap as i am only level 1 P, so have to buy from flea,  i only use visor to stop all the ai scavs shot gunning me in the face, your right, any shot to head with good ammo will kill me anyway, but im fed up with scav one shotting me in face all the time.

I guess we all should stop feeding this troll any longer....

He stated two times that he is just level 1, but is buying from fleamarket.....

Daytrader

Sorry im not a troll, when i mention lvl1 P  i mean peacekeeper lvl1 , and most traders im only low level,  im not able to buy from lvl  3/4 peacekeeker for $349, i was replying to that guy, sorry for confusion, im actially lvl 14 player, but cant buy cheap from traders as im not high enough.

Edited by Daytrader
scrappercb
On 2/26/2021 at 10:05 PM, Daytrader said:

Yeah like has been said buying from the flea it still could've taken some hits.  Face shields can get hit by things like buckshot which won't necessarily "damage" the armor itself (The 40/40 part) but will still be knackered from a cosmetic standpoint.  Soon as you repair it once though the damage will all disappear.  Not much help in the meantime though I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1
Shibre93100
On 2/26/2021 at 8:44 PM, Daytrader said:

Sorry im not a troll, when i mention lvl1 P  i mean peacekeeper lvl1 , and most traders im only low level,  im not able to buy from lvl  3/4 peacekeeker for $349, i was replying to that guy, sorry for confusion, im actially lvl 14 player, but cant buy cheap from traders as im not high enough.

Then wait until you levelled up the traders, it doesn't take long at all

By buying those FS on the flea you're just scamming yourself

Also, lvl3 FS are not of any use besides protecting from scavs. It's really not worth the investment

• Thanks 1
Daytrader

Thx for reply, yes, i will stop buying these helmets until i can buy something better and cheaper, cheers

Reymt

Damn, thats sucks.

I usually just dont buy faceshields like that till I got peacy level 4. Not really worth the cost imo.

• Thanks 1