armor vs ap20

MarcBorgia

Depends on what armor/helmet was the guy wearing, with AP I go for Headshots. If he is wearing tier 5 or 6 you will struggle.

ap.png

Just now, Kernkr4ft said:

Wich one? 

Ap 6.3 only has 

Penetration power30

if he has a lvl 6 Armor its useless

Looking at damage done/blocked by 5 rounds its AP-20

vor 1 Minute schrieb shouse:

Depends on what armor/helmet was the guy wearing, with AP I go for Headshots. If he is wearing tier 5 or 6 you will struggle.

ap.png

Looking at damage done/blocked by 5 rounds its AP-20

still has Penetration power37 thats on class 6 not effektiv

7.62x51 mm M61- standard army armor-piercing round for Example has Penetration power64....so near double

• 2 weeks later...

In the end what armour cutters for SGs do is damage armour and brute force the plate.

It's not really supposed to penetrate the plate, more just hit it until it busts.

Seriously F- AP20... The RNG BS that is armor pen. is non-sense... AP20 to the chest in class 5 armor will one shot 20% of the time, it's BS. I have had people one shot me through a killa helmet with 7n31 that shouldn't pen class 4 but because of RNG pen it does. Armor is useless, stamina is way outside 'realistic' levels, desync, cheats, broken spawns, bs exfil campers... This game is one good clone away from dying.

Its true that looking at charts youll find ammo that shouldnt pen or might pen with a tiny tiny chance and it just so happens oftentimes they still do. Its not really reliable but thats exactly why you opt for the best choice of ammo every single match to make sure it should perform somewhat as claimed.  I mean in terms of working both ways, worse can go through, likely wont and much much better almost always should but often wont on the first shot. 

AP has a lot of damage too so after degrading the armor even a little bit more blunt damage goes through and it can still be enough to kill. 

Likely only gets stopped by max quality level 6 armor by that much, everything else would get fucked. 

Also 5 shots 5 hits is 0.6 accuracy? 

Overall me and my friends figured the end of screen stats cant be trusted at all. There appears to be some really dodgy inconsistencies.

Edited by Nutcracker87