How long did it take you to feel comfortable engaging players?

blueraven84

My main focus on this game is leveling the hideout since I'm not skilled enough to do PvP (2 kills in 130 hours).  Scavs are no problem because they miss occasionally, but anytime I see a player I turn and run because I know I have no chance unless I can get a lucky shot when their back is turned.  

I feel like I'm missing part of the game because of the huge skill gap between myself and everyone else.

I already play as scav whenever it's available.  I don't have gear fear and regularly donate everything I have when I get cornered.  I know Customs without a map and most of Reserve.  

gnawsz777

I've played for about 3 wipes now and I'd say I'm comfortable engaging in PvP this wipe the most. That is to say engaging and actually winning my firefights anyway. 1v1 is no problem for me even 1v2 situations if I can flank and reposition the way I like. Any more than a 1v2 though and the odds are definitely not in your favor (if you're going up against players that know what they're doing that is).

My first wipe I mainly focused on learning as much as I could about the game; ammo types, armor types, map knowledge, good loot spawns etc. So I would say to you don't get discouraged at all from dying a lot or not winning firefights as much. Just soak up as much knowledge as you can from the wiki, Reddit, Discord, YouTube and Twitch streams.

On my second wipe I got Kappa, but I definitely still was not great at PvP by any means. I played in groups a lot more on my second wipe.

This wipe I didn't start at the very beginning but I'm only about a month in and I'm already over half way to Kappa and have my hideout nearly maxed (just need GPUs for my BTC Farm). I'm sitting at about 1600 hours total playtime and I'd say I'm barely in a position this wipe where I'm much more confident in my firefights. I feel like I know my own playstyle very well and I know my own strengths and weaknesses. A combination of good map knowledge and a good feel for each gun I like to run. 

You may get more comfortable with your firefights faster than me or others it just all depends on you. Everyone learns differently. I'd say just don't get discouraged, learn from your mistakes, soak up as much information as you can (1600 hours in and I'm still learning new things) and just get a good feel for all the maps to the point that you can move around fluidly and confidently, learn spawns so that way you can know 'okay I spawned here so there might be guys over there and if I push this way I might run into them'. Know where the hotspots are on the map you choose and where scavs and scav bosses can spawn so that way you don't get caught off guard. Know when to make a push and when to hold back or fall back. Use your hearing to your advantage etc. etc. I could go on forever. 

At the end just learn at your own pace and maybe find an experienced buddy thats willing to stick with you and play with you or heck even a complete noob. Good Luck though man. Keep on keepin' on and before you know it you'll have Kappa and a billion roubles.

Edit: Also Offline Mode is your friend

Edited by gnawsz777
edit

i been playing since 2017 and when i got the game what i did was offline a lot of times on all the maps that were available at the time and just practiced facing scavs map out the loots spawns and exfils  and just get a good feel for each map 

NmHansen

I got over 1300 hours in this game and i still dont like pvp, all movement  feels choppy  and clunky with delay on most movements, and others players looks like they are skippy lagging thru the map, its very unpredictable. i mainly  only kill players if i can get a headshot while they are standing still.

JerryLove

When that day comes, I'll let you know how long it took. 

Depending on where I am in the raid and how good the lootings been, I might go for it... but comfortable?!?

paracelsus1981

Go in with shitty gear and when you feel good with that then raise the quality of your weapons.

TarkovCitizen4431498

For me it was the moment I started playing, but I've always been decent at shooters. All it takes really is a well-placed headshot, which you can do with any gun, no matter the budget. However, it took about 2-3 months before a switch flipped and I started surviving a lot more. 

What would you say causes your difficulty to be able to get on target and hit your opponent? Biggest tip I can give is to stop using insane DPI on your mouse, if you not already did so. Lower it to 600-800 and fiddle with the sensitivity in-game from there on till you find your sweet spot. That has done the most for me to improve my aim in any game.

chrisragnar

Never, still a gamble on whether they will soak up a whole mag and then still sprint or limp away or oneshot you.

bobdole513

always a crap shoot with desync, peeking and the ominous head-eyes nonsense...

you either bully someone less experienced or you get gamed on by someone enjoying the full auto and rush chad game play

otezun

Comfortable? No. But will I shy away from a fight I have a chance of winning? Also no. They may be high level, but that does not account for their own stupidity. Example: Exit campers. They are the reason grenades exist. And they usually have high level loot. You just have to look out for signs of a fight: ammo on ground, many bodies near the exit, etc.

Edited by otezun