Random question..

JinxyUK

Is it normal to get the animation of your death in this game before you hear sound? Love the concept of the game, but struggling with how you can die and then hear your death. Plus I have yet to actually see anyone that's shot me in game, doesn't matter which way it comes apart from once I've never seen the player/scav thats killed me lol

Ok i get that i'm new to the game and Ive got to get used to the tactics and dynamics of the game but I can't be desyncing that much!

Padisha

There are 2 possibilities;

First one (prolly the one you think it is); the audio is delayed. Either by audio software, your operating system or a bug in the game (which hasn't been reported recently to my knowledge)

Second one (an assumption because I'm no weapon god); The community emphasizes the words realistic weapons, weapons and attachments, which would make the think that in this scenario the bullet travels faster than it's sound. Increased distance between you and the shooter could make this even more plausible. 

JinxyUK

Cheers Padisha, thanks for coming back to me;

Your first point, i did consider this but as my footsteps and other interactions noises (bushes, doors etc) seem to be perfectly synced, i don't feel this is the issue.

Your second is feasible when considering speed of sound ballistic speeds etc but the latest death (of which there have been many) I had no sound of anyone approaching (I was secreted in heavy undergrowth) the screen went black and then bam shotgun noise.

Of course there is an option three, i just suck! :) although that doesn't explain the sound discrepancies I seem to get. I can be creeping alone with no audible sound on my head set and them bam dead again 😆

yes, supersonic ammo travels faster than the sound in this game BUT in close combat this effect is not noticeable. There is definitely something wrong with your audio/network. Turn off binaural sounds if on. Type "fps 1" in the console to check RTT, which gives you an idea of possible network issues.