Jump to content

AS VAL 30 rounds magazine overpriced?


Recommended Posts

Shibre93100

The ammo for the VSS and Val have been buffed but I feel like the 30 rounds mag costing a whooping 40k completely defeats the purpose of the buff.

It's only a 30 rounds mag, and it's the only viable magazine for these weapons.

At 900RPM, the 20 rounders are emptied instantly

Who believes the price is balanced?

Even if I have the cash, I can't convince myself to put 40k in a 30 rounds magazine

It's super small so you need to bring more of them in a raid, increasing the overall cost of the weapon. Not worth it one bit in my opinion

Even the 20 rounders which are useless already cost 9k each, which is insane

Link to post
Share on other sites
paracelsus1981

Hmm let me see. So even the rounds with the lowest pen values can kill a level 4 or 5 wearer with 2 shots. So far I´m already happy with 10 rnd mags. I mean with the ammo prices we´re not really talking about economic reasons either if we need 30 rnd mags.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shibre93100

@Ruecklicht Problem with the gun is that it can't really be modded and it kicks like a mule so the first few bullets go all over the place unless you're at point blank.

20 rounders are OK in a 1v1 but there's no chance to survive when you're outnumbered, as I always am as a solo

Considering it takes forever to reload all the guns, maybe I can kill 1 but the rest will get me

Still, I believe 40k for a 30 rounds mag is ridiculous.

You're forced to bring at least 4 in a raid.

Even if 60 rounds mags are more expensive, since they have a bigger capacity you don't need as many

Link to post
Share on other sites
Carro_Veloce

I mean... I get the logic to its price. The gun comes suppressed as a package, the bullets are really good as SP-5 is usually enough to deal with up to class 5, rof puts AKs to shame, requires minimal modding to be usable, and you're supposed to use them at close range anyways due to its harsh bullet drop. 

You might be spending more money on the mag, but SP-5 and SP-6 are dirt cheap compared to BS, Igolnik, and the meta 5.56 rounds. In terms of cost comparison, I think it's fair. In terms of effectiveness as a magazine to a 900rpm pmc melting gun, I think that's a balancing factor. I'd like to bet there's a reason they don't give it a 60 round mag like the rest. Coz the 30 rounders already shred people pretty good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bane5

I find that often you can get 4x pliers for around 5k to 7k each then trade them  to Prapor lvl 3 for a 30-round VSS magazine. It saves on the cost a bit--sometimes up to half price off.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
GeneralBrus

If a gun has good stats, then the gun should be expensive!

If a type of ammo has good stats, then the ammo should be expensive!

If a magazine holds many rounds, then the mag should be expensive!

 

Sure thing realism should be a big factor in this game, but in a warzone like tarkov, real market prices wouldnt matter much... the value of said item would be bound on its "value" and power.

Why would you buy a 5000 $ prototype AR when an AK 74 is just as effective ? A M4 and an AK should be almost the same price, cuz in real life they are comparable weapon systems when it comes to effectiveness.

In tarkov the high firerate makes the Val and the HK a better choice and thus BSG decided to make their ammo expensive.

Now there is a logic flaw in this "balance", because what happens when the AEK gets put into the game? With its 900 rounds per minute and Igolnik ammo it will be the new meta gun, making 5.45x39 super expensive while the AK will be too expensive to run for its effectiveness.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shibre93100
28 minutes ago, GeneralBrus said:

what happens when the AEK gets put into the game? With its 900 rounds per minute and Igolnik ammo it will be the new meta gun, making 5.45x39 super expensive while the AK will be too expensive to run for its effectiveness.

They hate on AKs

They'll probably make it so you have to spend 100+k on it to make it even remotely controllable

Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisragnar
14 hours ago, Shibre93100 said:

@Ruecklicht Problem with the gun is that it can't really be modded and it kicks like a mule so the first few bullets go all over the place unless you're at point blank.

20 rounders are OK in a 1v1 but there's no chance to survive when you're outnumbered, as I always am as a solo

Considering it takes forever to reload all the guns, maybe I can kill 1 but the rest will get me

Still, I believe 40k for a 30 rounds mag is ridiculous.

You're forced to bring at least 4 in a raid.

Even if 60 rounds mags are more expensive, since they have a bigger capacity you don't need as many

Wat? Last time i used Val it had like 30-40 recoil. 

Also if it creates a problem for you as a solo, then use some other gun with big mags instead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bane5
1 hour ago, chrisragnar said:

Wat? Last time i used Val it had like 30-40 recoil. 

There was a big recoil nerf somewhat recently. Recoil values tend to range from 69-75 on vertical now.

 

Because of this, I've started using the giant night scope prapor sells and then another backup sight at 45 degrees angled. The NSPU-M gives a whopping -5% recoil reduction (62 to 68 v-range afterwards) if you're willing to  accept the big hit to ergonomics. It does make the difference when it comes to having  your 2nd or  3rd shot connect on full auto, but that's up to personal taste.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
FlarmBlarg

What I want to know is will the weapon get a buff when traders lose a lot of their stock and the global spawn rates for high tier weapons go down? They nerfed the gun to bits instead of limiting its supply. We have "beta" tested the gun for flipping ages now, why haven't they tested with extremely limited global supply yet? 

They did it once a couple years back pre wipe as an event but everyone had so much money it didn't matter. 
They need to wipe, not do twitch drops at the beginning, reduce global spawns to what they actually feel it should be so we can test that. Chances are no one would want to use them if they have been nerfed to the ground. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shortstacker
On 3/2/2021 at 3:08 AM, chrisragnar said:

Wat? Last time i used Val it had like 30-40 recoil. 

Also if it creates a problem for you as a solo, then use some other gun with big mags instead. 

I use them frequently, a “kitted” VSS has under 40 recoil.

On 3/2/2021 at 4:32 AM, Bane5 said:

There was a big recoil nerf somewhat recently. Recoil values tend to range from 69-75 on vertical now.

 

Because of this, I've started using the giant night scope prapor sells and then another backup sight at 45 degrees angled. The NSPU-M gives a whopping -5% recoil reduction (62 to 68 v-range afterwards) if you're willing to  accept the big hit to ergonomics. It does make the difference when it comes to having  your 2nd or  3rd shot connect on full auto, but that's up to personal taste.

Did you put the TOZ grip on the front? It’s under 40 recoil. I have several sitting in my stash currently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Deucey
On 3/1/2021 at 3:24 PM, Shibre93100 said:

The ammo for the VSS and Val have been buffed but I feel like the 30 rounds mag costing a whooping 40k completely defeats the purpose of the buff.

It's only a 30 rounds mag, and it's the only viable magazine for these weapons.

At 900RPM, the 20 rounders are emptied instantly

Who believes the price is balanced?

Even if I have the cash, I can't convince myself to put 40k in a 30 rounds magazine

It's super small so you need to bring more of them in a raid, increasing the overall cost of the weapon. Not worth it one bit in my opinion

Even the 20 rounders which are useless already cost 9k each, which is insane

BSG has a tendency of balancing things players complain about by just making them more expensive, instead of actually changing values/removing them. 

This seems to be the case with the 30 rounders, They buff the ammo and then increase 30rnd magprice to encourage players to try not and spray as much. It kinda makes sense...kinda.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shibre93100
1 hour ago, Deucey said:

BSG has a tendency of balancing things players complain about by just making them more expensive, instead of actually changing values/removing them. 

This seems to be the case with the 30 rounders, They buff the ammo and then increase 30rnd magprice to encourage players to try not and spray as much. It kinda makes sense...kinda.

They buffed the ammo but also nerfed the recoil into oblivion

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...