Did they really improved the servers ? (best video of tarkov desync)

Azhann

That's just a shame there is like half a second of desync between my actions and the server. Thats. A. Shame. 

• Upvote 1
Shibre93100

the netcode problem won't solve itself just by switching servers

In fact, it won't be solved ,like, ever

The game itself is built on an engine that works well for single player games but is worthless for fast paced multiplayer FPS

Considering it took nearly a year for DICE, which is a massive company, to fix Battlefield 4 netcode, there's no way this will ever happen for EFT

• Like 1
bobdole513
30 minutes ago, Shibre93100 said:

the netcode problem won't solve itself just by switching servers

In fact, it won't be solved ,like, ever

The game itself is built on an engine that works well for single player games but is worthless for fast paced multiplayer FPS

Considering it took nearly a year for DICE, which is a massive company, to fix Battlefield 4 netcode, there's no way this will ever happen for EFT

EFT has been out for awhile now, can't use that small developer in a big world shield anymore, particularly with the player count the game gets

Evilwayz
29 minutes ago, bobdole513 said:

EFT has been out for awhile now, can't use that small developer in a big world shield anymore, particularly with the player count the game gets

I actually agree with him here. There has been millions of games purchased. At $50 - $130 that is a massive amount of money to run development with. Lets all not forget all the hackers that are continuously repurchasing the game over and over after each ban wave. 

Shibre93100
54 minutes ago, bobdole513 said:

sure, but apart from the netcode, BF4 was perfect whereas EFT is broken from head to toe

Performances issues, memory leaks, broken lighting and sound

Can't even tell where to begin!

So to believe the netcode will be fixed, naahh, not even in a dream baby

orlandogonzalez
14 minutes ago, Shibre93100 said:

sure, but apart from the netcode, BF4 was perfect whereas EFT is broken from head to toe

Performances issues, memory leaks, broken lighting and sound

Can't even tell where to begin!

So to believe the netcode will be fixed, naahh, not even in a dream baby

So, then why continue to play the game. If the game itself heavily relies on netcode to be on point and doesn't work then why play it. I mean you can die just by one bullet and with the netcode being complete ass then what is the point. You cant be consist with gun fights if you are hoping the net code itself will behave itself. I don't see a reason to keep playing if im just hoping the server delivered my packets first rather than the other player. Its just not fair at all nor any fun. The fights are intense and extremely fun no matter how long they last, but if the servers/netcode cant keep up then it just takes all the fun away. I mean just refer to the video, that could of been a really intense and prolonged fire fight, but because of the netcoding it led to one side being the victor without really doing anything nor giving the "loser" of the fight any chance at all. It was rigged from the start.

I just wish they focused on fixing the netcode instead of adding new guns and a new map. Its gonna die a slow death if this keeps up. 

p.s: I just read everything on this topic just quoting to continue the convo

• Like 1
tobiassolem

The optimization that was done was with the network equipment (it was replaced and modernized). Additionally there currently is an on-going test of a performance optimization running on these locations: Factory, The Lab and Customs.

drikfan

All games have desync. Most games desync doesnt have that big of an impact and isnt so frustrating. Tarkov will always have desync and it will always be incredibly frustrating. We feel your pain. 

kevinpdoty

The amount of desync has increased significantly this last week. They must have used duct tape to fix the ongoing issues of their broken game. Servers, bugs, it's a never ending cycle. We should go back to previous patches and read when they fixed the reflection on the glasses. After breaking it this major patch they still haven't fixed what they broke. 

Redbuffalo

Can't really tell that anything was improved.  Just lost a decent kit due to server disconnects.  After the 4th one(which I'm surprised I managed to not get killed in the previous 3 disconnects) the game literally backed out to the main screen with no notification of death/game ended/aborted.  Desync is still horrible.  I ran a scav and took out 2 mid level pmcs using a pump shotgun with led slugs.  Not impossible, but really was impossible seeing as I'd already ran into a fellow player scav that attempted to kill me and blacked out my head and both arms.  I was literally down to 8hp with no heals when I killed them.  If they had sneezed in my general direction I'd of died.  Desync worked in my favor, but it was still desync.

Caster89Actual
6 hours ago, drikfan said:

All games have desync. Most games desync doesnt have that big of an impact and isnt so frustrating. Tarkov will always have desync and it will always be incredibly frustrating. We feel your pain. 

The difference between tarkov and other games is the desynch in tarkov is considerably worse and likely CANT be fixed (actually I take the likely back)

the dusting in this game is. . . . . Omg I don’t even know if I have an analogy for how bad the dusting in this game is.

• Like 1
Xarc
1 hour ago, Caster89Actual said:

the dusting in this game is. . . . . Omg I don’t even know if I have an analogy for how bad the dusting in this game is.

You reminded me of this. :P 

b73a45.png.339350894226b2a455d705212e820e79.png

Tavva
12 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

The optimization that was done was with the network equipment (it was replaced and modernized). Additionally there currently is an on-going test of a performance optimization running on these locations: Factory, The Lab and Customs.

I say this in the nicest way possible, but you may want to redirect resources in terms of performance optimization toward Reserve. While I personally don't have issues I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say they run every other map just fine. I love Reserve as a map, seeing it improved in any way would be awesome!

tobiassolem
1 minute ago, Tavva said:

I say this in the nicest way possible, but you may want to redirect resources in terms of performance optimization toward Reserve. While I personally don't have issues I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say they run every other map just fine. I love Reserve as a map, seeing it improved in any way would be awesome!

Thank you for the courteous tone, I shall reciprocate!

We hear you. The work as of late is focused entirely on improving the network, this might be be a long process though. The developers are laying the ground work and will look at a lot of data. As per the news we will take down the servers to improve things for 5 hours to make more implementations. Please understand though that "improving the performance" is not as easy as pushing a button. It is analyzing data, adjusting settings, looking at hardware solutions, and adapting. This will be a work in progress (as is the game).

Please be mindful of your expectations for quick-fixes! But remain hopeful. :) We will see how things go.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
Tavva
Just now, tobiassolem said:

We hear you. The work as of late is focused entirely on improving the network, this might be be a long process though. The developers are laying the ground work and will look at a lot of data. As per the news we will take down the servers to improve things for 5 hours to make more implementations. Please understand though that "improving the performance" is not as easy as pushing a button. It is analyzing data, adjusting settings, looking at hardware solutions, and adapting. This will be a work in progress (as is the game).

Please be mindful of your expectations for quick-fixes! But remain hopeful. :) We will see how things go.

No, yeah of course, I'm more than aware this sort of stuff is rather complicated. Unfortunately it seems a lot of people don't quite get that you can't just simply 'fix' an issue. There's plenty more that goes into it. I've got high hopes for what Tarkov will eventually be, just keep working on it!

And, the fact you even took the time to respond to a comment from an average player like myself shows the BSG team, at the very least, is paying attention to what the community wants, and it is appreciated. Any updates and improvements, as minor as some may be, are always a welcome addition to the game. Keep pumping out those patches, can't wait for the next major update!

• Like 1
gkcx2002

I don't see any difference in the servers. What I did notice is that they recently added a New York server which is ridiculous that it took that long to add a server to the biggest city in the US. 

Shortstacker

Whoever downvoted the dev for being polite and giving an update, you’re an asshole and you’re the problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Spectator6
30 minutes ago, Shortstacker said:

Whoever downvoted the dev for being polite and giving an update, you’re an asshole and you’re the problem.

^ THIS ^ 

A bit of civility and respect, eh? We're on the same team! At least I'd like to think so...

(Among Us has entered the chat)

No, not like that! ha

Shortstacker
29 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

^ THIS ^ 

A bit of civility and respect, eh? We're on the same team! At least I'd like to think so...

(Among Us has entered the chat)

No, not like that! ha

And people wonder why the devs don’t post here, or on Reddit.

Theyre met with hostility from raging pre-pubescent children.

Caster89Actual
2 hours ago, Shortstacker said:

And people wonder why the devs don’t post here, or on Reddit.

Theyre met with hostility from raging pre-pubescent children.

Well TBF they aren’t really that great of a dev team.

They have great attention to small details about guns, gear and ammo but when it comes to making and making progress on the game itself they are rather, lackluster? Idk that’s the best adjective I could come up with off the top of my head. I don’t want to say the WHOLE dev team is trash as I’m sure there are some seriously talented individuals who work there, but whoever is making decisions at the top REALLY should NOT be.

Caster89Actual
9 hours ago, Xarc said:

You reminded me of this. :P 

b73a45.png.339350894226b2a455d705212e820e79.png

Ah, so CS1.6 GIGN stole the 14/30 rounds that dusted when I mag dumped a deaf guy who didn’t hear me flank from close enough to smell them.

got swept and dysoned up.

• 5 weeks later...
Beastwoods
On 3/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, tobiassolem said:

Hi comrade

With much love this is all I've got to say. Is this beyond expectation to make laggers at the worst disadvantage as possible? because I will bet my life economy and both my nuts on this that this would be tarkov's biggest fix and update of all time if it happens, try it for a 2-3 week and prove me wrong.

Make someone's bullets do not count if their ping is 80+ and make them rubber band back to original location and take hits at original location if ping is also above 80 until it settles below an acceptable ping. No mercy or whatsoever, Please try this and tell me it's worst after that and you will shut me and many people up.

I always play closest server with a 400 mbps + connection with friends the same way and this problem is just rampant.

It's like the dumbest players think they find the glitch with no consequences.

I don't get why we still have updates for whatever but this...

No offense however please prove me wrong with this. Just try it to show that we are wrong and you will convince that 50% player base about to give up on their effort with supporting EFT that it's not this and it's something else that requires more "work"

Edited by Beastwoods
tobiassolem

Hello @Beastwoods!

I understand your frustration, and the experience is quite different depending on where you are in the world, your personal connection, the time of what day, how many people are using the same line, and so on and so forth. There are many factors to consider, as I mentioned. One of them being ping.

Someone with a ping of >80 does not necessarily cause issues, what causes issues are things like packet loss, and... overall connection quality. You might see someone on a Wi-Fi connection with a lot of noise interference causing packet loss, but with a high response time (ping). You might also see someone with a ping of >80 with similar issues of course.

There are many factors involved, and we have seen that not all server providers are all created the same. And just to reiterate what Nikita said in a recent podcast: There are not servers available meeting our expectations everywhere, so sometimes when we change server providers which, on paper should be better; and it's worse, and we have to look at another plan. Also some regions across the world simply don't have any available that meets our requirements.

So there are many factors involved. But rest assured, the team are working hard on improving the situation for our player base. We are aware that some regions have it better, and some have it worse. Some individuals in the same region have it better, whereas others have it worse. Sometimes it's an ISP with poor routing, sometimes it's a player with a poor network hardware setup. There are so many factors involved.

If you suffer through network issues, please send in some reports; containing as much information as possible so that the admin team can look through it and see if there is something on our end that we can do.

Also look into your own situation. Do you use ethernet? Do you make sure that you don't have interference from other apps downloading/uploading or poor routing? And so on.

If we work together on this one (report to  & investigate your own circumstances!) we can improve things!

• Upvote 1
Beastwoods
7 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Hello @Beastwoods!

I understand your frustration, and the experience is quite different depending on where you are in the world, your personal connection, the time of what day, how many people are using the same line, and so on and so forth. There are many factors to consider, as I mentioned. One of them being ping.

Someone with a ping of >80 does not necessarily cause issues, what causes issues are things like packet loss, and... overall connection quality. You might see someone on a Wi-Fi connection with a lot of noise interference causing packet loss, but with a high response time (ping). You might also see someone with a ping of >80 with similar issues of course.

There are many factors involved, and we have seen that not all server providers are all created the same. And just to reiterate what Nikita said in a recent podcast: There are not servers available meeting our expectations everywhere, so sometimes when we change server providers which, on paper should be better; and it's worse, and we have to look at another plan. Also some regions across the world simply don't have any available that meets our requirements.

So there are many factors involved. But rest assured, the team are working hard on improving the situation for our player base. We are aware that some regions have it better, and some have it worse. Some individuals in the same region have it better, whereas others have it worse. Sometimes it's an ISP with poor routing, sometimes it's a player with a poor network hardware setup. There are so many factors involved.

If you suffer through network issues, please send in some reports; containing as much information as possible so that the admin team can look through it and see if there is something on our end that we can do.

Also look into your own situation. Do you use ethernet? Do you make sure that you don't have interference from other apps downloading/uploading or poor routing? And so on.

If we work together on this one (report to  & investigate your own circumstances!) we can improve things!

Hi tobiassolem

I really appreciate your fast and constructed reply, friend. First I'm not so much frustrated as I do my best to still enjoy what's left for me in this game with or without my buddies and secondly I will NOT list my credentials and save you some times, there isn't so much about it let's be honest. Let's just say expert but not expert expert :) Also I am sorry if I seems stubborn, I might be missing the point and I am making an effort at keeping an open mind. However I think you missed a little bit my point here and there but still manage to do a great job. Here's why.

I get it. Bad pings are not everything but instead one of the stats to watch for. Packet losses are also detectable. Players who are not sync with the server should be detectable. I get it, it's a variable. I get it, not everyone could play the game as intended as it is simply impossible.

However... as it is right now it seems that it is giving complete advantage to the bad connection users therefore not inciting players for desire to upgrade their setup / internet service / rgb :) etc as much as doing the opposite (selecting high ping servers, using up their download/upload bandwidth, complex lag switches, etc).
You can see youtubers, without pointing fingers, blatantly hiding their pings and show off their prowess with weirdly executed kills.

If there could be an option to play with players with similar net stats averages and put the ones that stretches these limits at a disadvantage such as rubber banding back to original location on server (like we see in some other successful multiplayers)  just to test it out. Giving me a chance to testing the scalability, performance, and reliability and see for ourselves if that would help the gameplay to see where it sits in the end.
Sure it wouldn't be "realistic" but let's be real, it's a game and the desync is not any more realistic.

Also players going in solo on servers with constant 80+ pings when they have closer options should be a red flag amongst these net stats.

Any how, I will take your advice to use the report for also reporting unpleasant lag experiences. Hopefully that will be helpful for the support team. Thanks for that advice, it somehow didn't cross my mind and I've only used it to report everything else, no bs.

It was nice reading you. Have a nice day.

Edited by Beastwoods