Why does this game hate new players?

bashurst

Pretty straightforward question, just don't get why this game goes to such lengths to make sure that new players are well and truly fucked over as much as possible.   Gear, skills, money, map knowledge, static spawn/exit, no deathcam, no real practice mode, no matchmaking, ducking stupid amounts of visual noise, early quests that funnel you to choke points, etc etc etc. 

Sure I could try to go in with my stock SKS against a guy with 10mil rubbles setup again but I think I'll just stab myself in the eye with a pencil for a quicker way to feel the same.  And hey! I have more money now cause I didn't just lose my SKS!  Guess this is a good Wargames simulator as it appears the only winning move is

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1
Harper1277

Tarkov isn't meant to be an easy game,  everyone starts with the same gear(For the most part) if you want more gear you have to earn it, IE looting, Killing other PMC's, Scav runs, and even complete quests. As for map knowledge, the first time you play any game you don't know the map you learn as you play. The developers were nice enough to give us an offline so that you can learn the maps/spawns. If you need help learning the game there is the Sherpa discord and there is many people that are willing to help you learn this game it takes time. You can go onto the Wiki and find maps that other community members have made with PMC Spawns as as well as Extracts. Death Cam doesn't make since, you are telling me that if you killed 1 PMC out of 5  that the one you killed wouldnt tell his/her buddies where you were shot from?   

TLDR: Tarkov is hard,  Learn by doing, Death cam is Dumb 

bobdole513
27 minutes ago, bashurst said:

Pretty straightforward question, just don't get why this game goes to such lengths to make sure that new players are well and truly fucked over as much as possible.   Gear, skills, money, map knowledge, static spawn/exit, no deathcam, no real practice mode, no matchmaking, ducking stupid amounts of visual noise, early quests that funnel you to choke points, etc etc etc. 

Sure I could try to go in with my stock SKS against a guy with 10mil rubbles setup again but I think I'll just stab myself in the eye with a pencil for a quicker way to feel the same.  And hey! I have more money now cause I didn't just lose my SKS!  Guess this is a good Wargames simulator as it appears the only winning move is

it's a rough game, I play a lot and still die a ton, I don't really know what keeps me going, probably those monster raids that are few and far between for me. I try to scav a ton to learn maps, but you're at a huge disadvantage starting late in the wipe..

Evilwayz
43 minutes ago, bashurst said:

To be quite frank this is probably just not the right game for you. Eventually it might be. 

The beginning of this game is rough, but you will be thankful they did not give you a whole ton of gear when you started out. I say this because I guarantee you would have likely lost everything they gave you. 

This game has a learning curve and that is what makes it fun. The challenge makes it fun. Games that make things overly easy are great at first and then very quickly get extremely boring. Just my own experience speaking here.

I agree with the other guy that explained you need to learn the maps on any new game. ESPECIALLY on FPS games this is so unbelievably true. You get shot from an angle and watch back the recording and realize where they were. Then you know to watch out for that next time. It is a painful process filled with lots of deaths.

Take that stock SKS and ignore the players. Go straight for raiders, guards, and Scav bosses. Extremely quick way to get heavily geared quickly before you can just buy everything off the flee market. 

Anyways wish you the best of luck with game choice. I think you will quickly find games that make everything easy to get boring very quickly and then you are on to the next game.

jpt25951
3 hours ago, Harper1277 said:

Tarkov isn't meant to be an easy game,  everyone starts with the same gear(For the most part)

I mean, from a new player's perspective, that simply isn't the case. If Escape from Tarkov were a Battle Royale, then yeah, everyone would be on a level playing field - but if you're playing months after a wipe, you're in for one hell of a time.

I think overpowered skills play a big role in how unfair the game is for newer players. If you level strength, vitality, and covert movement, you're at a substantial - and I do mean a substantial - combat advantage over other players, even when mechanical skill levels are comparable. I'm on board with being able to amass better equipment to put yourself at an advantage, but the ridiculous fantasy RPG skill leveling is really obnoxious to deal with when you're months behind other players in a wipe cycle. If the combat advantages were from skills were toned down, that would help a lot.

It's not really much fun to die to someone creeping around on a specific surface that you expect to hear feedback from, only to discover that his covert movement skill is at the point where he can walk silently on metal grating, ceramic debris, etc. So when you hear vague footsteps, you don't realize he's basically in front of you.  Stupid stuff like that is really bad for the new player experience, and the game as a whole. 

bethmann
On 3/3/2021 at 4:18 AM, jpt25951 said:

I mean, from a new player's perspective, that simply isn't the case. If Escape from Tarkov were a Battle Royale, then yeah, everyone would be on a level playing field - but if you're playing months after a wipe, you're in for one hell of a time.

I think overpowered skills play a big role in how unfair the game is for newer players. If you level strength, vitality, and covert movement, you're at a substantial - and I do mean a substantial - combat advantage over other players, even when mechanical skill levels are comparable. I'm on board with being able to amass better equipment to put yourself at an advantage, but the ridiculous fantasy RPG skill leveling is really obnoxious to deal with when you're months behind other players in a wipe cycle. If the combat advantages were from skills were toned down, that would help a lot.

It's not really much fun to die to someone creeping around on a specific surface that you expect to hear feedback from, only to discover that his covert movement skill is at the point where he can walk silently on metal grating, ceramic debris, etc. So when you hear vague footsteps, you don't realize he's basically in front of you.  Stupid stuff like that is really bad for the new player experience, and the game as a whole. 

+1. I'm a new player who is gonna to uninstall the game soon.

The fact that is hard doesn't mean should be bad balanced, dark souls (or even better sekiro) is hard but you can have a real learning curve that allow you to master the game.

I'm 40, I have no great experiences with fps because all the fps (Including tarkov) are not realistic (maybe arma which is a pixel hunter simulator), they are just frenetic and my learning curve of course is slower than others for the age and for the time I can spent on it.

I started after tested the game during 2017 just some days ago, and the differences between players is really too big, then there are the quest-camper, the exit-camper, people knowns every single map point, all of this is just horrible for every war game.  

The best player here just run around and one shot other players when under attack, in a real environment, when you get hit during a run, you can't just turn and shot on the threat with so much efficiency. You are panicated, and you can just try to run away if it's not a fatal hit, armor or not. And btw in a real war you don't just run from a place to another.

With my 'slow and quite' tactic I'm basically a sitting duck, which is someway weird.

So there is some aspect that are 'simulations' and other that are completely opposite to a simulation, this dualism made me crazy. 

xCrossFaith

I'm a fairly new player as well, had the game for a couple years but never really got much into it until recently, still avoiding pvp as much as I can and I would say there are only like 2 maps I can say I know "well"

First thing to aknowledge is that this game is not for everyone, and being honest, this is not the type of game I would usually play either, I like fps, but I never felt inclined towards games like Arma, Squad and battle royales in general (let's be real this game also has a small touch of that :P)  but this one has that "something" that makes it feel different

I have to agree, the grind to level 10 (I'm now at 13-14) is quite of a chore, but then it all gets better, you'll improve, learn the maps and tactics, start to kill scavs and find better geared players to loot and you'll end the raid with a fancy m4 and good armor.... Just to get one tapped and loose it all the raid after by someone you won't even see, that's something you have to interiorize if you really want to start enjoying the game 

That of being "badly balanced" may be true.. On both ends,  sure, if you go in with a naked VPO and a couple 10 round mags and you find a fully geared guy face to face that may feel unfair, but now look at the other side of it.. You just spent half million roubles on gear and weapons, you go into a raid, and you get one shotted by a well placed sniper or even pistol shot... I'm pretty sure that would feel unfair as well 😁

Also you may think loosing everything is bad... But sooner than later (asuming you got the standard edition)  you'll find yourself thinking "how the hell did I ran out of space in the stash!?"  and you have a lot of items and weapons collecting dust because you don't want to loose them, but if you don't use them, you lost them already so what's the point anyway? 

TL;DR: Frustration, dying and loosing stuff you worked hard for is a core part of the game you have to learn to embrace, and on the other hand, you may loose all your stuff in 5 consecutive raids, and then make more than twice the money with just one lucky scav run, so..  All the BS ends up paying for it at some point, and  that's a big part of the game's brutal charm :P 

opiat3
On 3/2/2021 at 11:18 PM, bashurst said:

All of the things you mentioned were already in this dev build at the time you purchased the game... if its not something you enjoy or feel should be in the game, why have you bought your way to be testing something you don´t like?! Pretty straightforward question!

• Sad 1
bethmann
20 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

That of being "badly balanced" may be true.. On both ends,  sure, if you go in with a naked VPO and a couple 10 round mags and you find a fully geared guy face to face that may feel unfair, but now look at the other side of it.. You just spent half million roubles on gear and weapons, you go into a raid, and you get one shotted by a well placed sniper or even pistol shot... I'm pretty sure that would feel unfair as well 😁

to be honest if you reached the part where you are on good gear and weapons you are already pretty decent in the game, it's an indirect consequence. Most of my friend uninstalled the game and I'll do that pretty soon, I generally try hard before give up, and because the atmosphere of tarkov that I like. I would like to be a better shooter, better knower of the map, but the effort to learn just a map with all the frustration because of the expert that already know anything basically don't worth it.
There are some quest, like the first in the woods to unlock jaeger, where I got killed 3 times from sniper that was camping who know where. In general most of the quest need pvp, and yes this is a pvp game, so trying to avoid pvp seems to be silly.

But the pvp experience is not brutal, is unbalanced and arcade while promising a simulation. And of course people that used to play for 800 hours can't say it's not fun, they invested so much that they can't admit the game is unbalanced and in some way broken. 
for e.g.: the fact that in the factory you have almost just one exit without any key, say a lot about the newbie access to the game. I survived just once as scav, going directly on the exit, only because was the end of the match. 

And btw I'm not worried losing everything, I like that (and it's the only reason why I started play this game), but the fact you have to wait the loading/matching for 5-10 minutes, then die in the first 5 seconds with a headshot from nowhere, because the rush of the spawn point (really? is not the worst arcade thing ever?), then go to lose another 10 minutes on the stash for another round where what you have to do is trying to avoid any pmc as a plague, I can't get it.

xCrossFaith
3 minutes ago, bethmann said:

to be honest if you reached the part where you are on good gear and weapons you are already pretty decent in the game, it's an indirect consequence.

Not really (of course the more you play you'll get better, but that's not all there is to it)  I've done a couple raids with a decently put together SR-25 and pretty good armor, and  I'm still awful at the game in general, sometimes I don't even hit non moving scavs unless I'm close enough for them to notice me,  and I got that with a pistol the raids before, lucky shot on the guy's head and that's it, he had 200.000 roubles in gear? The bullet didn't care for that :P 

I totally avoid factory precisely because of that.. Is too much of a clusterfuck to handle for me right now until I'm more comfortable with the PvP part of the game,  which while maybe avoiding it sounds silly,  you can get a lot of profit from it as well, a game being pvp doesn't mean you have to engange with everyone you see.. I'm not entirely sure about it but I think the devs said that the game's general idea also involves stuff other than shooting people even now is not really that developed in that aspect 

Now don't get me wrong, of course the experience could be improved, but it's safe to assume that this game is not made with "progresion" in mind, it's more either "you learn or you die" type of thing... And the second one will be waaaaay more common 🤣

I would also forget the "simulation" thing, it's pretty "realistic" in some aspects, but it's still a game so... Personally I won't rely much on the description since it mixes a lot of things

Idk.. It'll be different for each person.. Personaly as I said before I got the game a pretty long time ago but never really got into it, gear fear was the main thing that put me out of it, knowing this was a pvp game and I didn't have a chance to pvp most of the time due to the lack of knowledge and so on so I stopped playing... And after not playing at all in a year, literally, I came back to this a couple weeks back, gear fear simply doens't exist for whatever reason and I do't care about anything so.. I'm enjoying it more than ever despite all the frustration, uninstalling it for a long time and coming back may work as well, so maybe now it's the best option for you 

IBRUTAL-IENEMY

There are many ways of training your skills before going into raids, it’s not true that it’s not friendly to new players as you can go into offline modes and learn without using/loosing any of your items. 

it is a game that required commitment and skilled levees progression, you can’t expect to launch a game and have things unlocked to the same level that someone that’s been playing for months has. 
it’s the same in almost any other game. 
just do your research and practice. Use your scav runs and it will get easier with time believe me 

• Upvote 1
bethmann
7 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

Idk.. It'll be different for each person.. Personaly as I said before I got the game a pretty long time ago but never really got into it, gear fear was the main thing that put me out of it, knowing this was a pvp game and I didn't have a chance to pvp most of the time due to the lack of knowledge and so on so I stopped playing... And after not playing at all in a year, literally, I came back to this a couple weeks back, gear fear simply doens't exist for whatever reason and I do't care about anything so.. I'm enjoying it more than ever despite all the frustration, uninstalling it for a long time and coming back may work as well, so maybe now it's the best option for you 

yes absolutely, it's the idea I have. I just tend to not give up so easily, because as I said I like the atmosphere and the weapon 'feeling'. Anyway, I never had the gear's fear, but dying in the first 5 seconds, killed from the distance through a couple of windows, because they know where you spawn and where you want to go, it's pretty much absurd. Or for e.g. be able to outflanking someone, point to the head, hitting 2-3 times, just to see him turn the weapon on you and headshot you just because he was probably under pre-painkillers, it's something, for me, unacceptable.

And btw, yes I try always to avoid any kind of pvp (because I know I lose them almost every times), I tried as scav factory just to 'learn to shot', but I use customs mainly. The problem is the quest need to do something like go to woods, or entering the dorms where I have no idea how is possible to survive in any measure :)

bethmann
7 minutes ago, IBRUTAL-IENEMY said:

There are many ways of training your skills before going into raids, it’s not true that it’s not friendly to new players as you can go into offline modes and learn without using/loosing any of your items. 

it is a game that required commitment and skilled levees progression, you can’t expect to launch a game and have things unlocked to the same level that someone that’s been playing for months has. 
it’s the same in almost any other game. 
just do your research and practice. Use your scav runs and it will get easier with time believe me 

I mainly play simulations, like racing or flight, where the skills are of the player, not of the gear.  But I see your point.

I already do that, everytime I have to use a gun for the pmc, I try a bit on offline with horde pve, but of course is not the same, and is not even the losing the pvp fight itself that get me mad, it's the fact you die before see anything, I like to die at least fighting :D. And everything, from predefined spawns point, predefinite quest location, predefinite exit point, lead you to someone that is better than  you and it's waiting for you. But yes it's a fight between someone that have no so much time and so much reflex/good sight vs kid with experience, time to learn every single spot and good sight. So I guess I just need to go back and play chess :)

Edited by bethmann
  • Sad 1
IBRUTAL-IENEMY

Defenatly a big learning curve dude and it’s one that kid you describe has already gone through, it’s like real warfare you don’t know where buckets come from but you have a general idea based on your surroundings I play with lv6 armour and sometimes I still loose fights, the faster you accept that dieing is the main part of the game, the sooner the game will become more fun for you believe me. Once that gearfear goes away that’s when you start having fun

JerryLove
On 3/2/2021 at 6:18 PM, bashurst said:

I'm hoping that some of that boils down to it being beta. I hope that there's a future release that includes more in the way of fixing spawn point issues, addressing spawn rushes, reducing the power of camping, reducing the power of sniping (at least on some levels), improved quests. 

I'd also love to see a (not accessible until the raid is over to avoid abuse) ability to rewatch the raid to see what others did / what you did wrong. 

I think the abilities was a mistake for a PvP game, but I don't think that's changing. I think a lack of matchmaking is similarly a problem (that would have alleviated the abilities problem), but again, I believe dev has said they are not fixing that. 

Honestly, this game sufferers from a bit of identity crisis, in that it has PvE RPG elements that are typically removed in competitive games because they are unbalancing. 

Conversely, I think that starting gear is pretty newb-friendly. 

All that said: I think the offline mode is excellent (lacking only the ability to bring other players in to practice in groups). You can setup a NPC-free map, a map just like online, horde mode for aim practice, etc. 

Deciding what to risk and gear management is indeed part of the game. 

Edited by JerryLove
defurbis

They arent disadvantaged however this game has a very specific and unique learning curve, it takes time to get into. Gear is not to much of a factor once u know how to play.

JerryLove
1 hour ago, defurbis said:

They arent disadvantaged however this game has a very specific and unique learning curve, it takes time to get into. Gear is not to much of a factor once u know how to play.

• A new character is slower than one whose attributes are up. 
  • They also cannot jump as high. Some areas are literally inaccessible that other players can get to.
  • They are also louder
  • They cannot sprint as long
  • Their aim is less steady and they can hold it for less time
  • Reloads take longer
  • Reloads are louder
  • So is walking
  • Their chance of getting conditions like bleeds are higher
  • It takes longer to search
  • That's louder too

The list goes on and on; but experienced avatars are absolutely advantaged over new ones. You haven't noticed that your avatar is far more capable than just post-wipe?

They are absolutely advantaged; besides gear and player knowledge of the game/map. 

Edited by JerryLove
excelerate94

This game is becoming absolute pain to me. I have done a ton of raids as pmc  and have played with 1500hr+ players literally carrying and teaching me. I'm young and have a lot of experience in FPS PVP games. This game truly hates me. Everyone keeps talking about a learning curve but there really isn't one. I either have to be a rat and avoid all conflict or risk everything in a fight ill likely lose. Most of my fights are lost not because of shot placement but because of the doodoo ammo in my mag, because Im level 8 and still cant buy any ammo that competes with the chads. I mean It sucks after 8 minute raid of looting and being unable to find a single scav or PMC and I get single tapped by Dr. ChadMD6969 using a mad expensive round in a 500k gun on sniper rock across the map and get sent to the lobby only to find I was only awarded 100-200 xp. I've be killed in less than 20 seconds off spawn at customs by a single headshot from a scav with no audio warning after a 6 minute loading screen,  lost everything and go 11 xp. (seriously? what's the lesson there? don't spawn?) This game sets late starters up to fail in every possible way and basically uses us as cannon fodder. I WANT TO LOVE THIS GAME, truly I do. Something needs to change to let us compete because at this point It feels like I'm wasting my time. I want to play it and I want all my friends to buy it and play it but I cant honestly give a recommendation for anyone to buy it. The goal should be to get as many people as possible to play it build revenue and increase the game quality. Yes, incentivize playing the game longer for those chads that live on these servers but you shouldn't DE incentivize someone one for finding a good game at a later time by making them louder slower and have drastically less access to even mid to grade weapons mods and gear. Lastly, For anyone that gonna say the LVL 10 thing about it getting better, save it. The misery shouldn't last this long.

JerryLove

@excelerate94

When I have some good advice about PMCs I'll share it. 

Here's my recommendation on SCAVS. 

Pick a map. Memorize their spawn locations. Run it over and over in offline mode with span set to "as online".

If you are still dying too quickly still, drop the SCAV difficulty to easy; as they will miss more but be careful of letting the bad aim of the easy scavs make you complacent about position, cover, and flanking. 

That's what this game boils down to. Knowing where your opponents are and them not knowing where you are. As you do the runs offline, you'll start seeing the patterns for the SCAVS. 

There's the SCAV that comes down the middle or east lane of storage. There's that gap in the NE side of storage that's a huge ambush zone (by players, but also by the scavs from big red or storage if they were pulled out of position by noise). 

There's the scav that's running around near big red. 

There's the scav either at Sniper's roadblock or near the building south of it. There's also the one that tends to come running up from the road to RUAF roadblock towards snipers roadblock when he hears you. Sometimes they will come out from the warehouse gaps (if no on has been fighting east of there), and of course there's the small swarm near the roadblock itself. 

There's the really good shots in ZB-013... don't trade snipes with them. 

There's the 1-4 at old gas station, and the best positions to take them on from (the railroad overpass except that your back is exposed. 

The several at new gas station and the sniping rock to take them out from (beware, they like nades). 

There's the sniper scavs (haven't seen those online lately) and the 4-5 places they spawn. There's the scavs near military checkpoint (and the sniping overlook for that); and of course dorms. 

There's a guy who spawn or hangs out near ZB-1011; but in online game he tends to be dead or pulled away. 

My point is: When you can rattle these off like I just did. When you've spent some time figuring out where they move to once you fire, and where you have cover and where you don't... you'll get much better at killing them. 

As an easy example: I tend to sprint up to the sandbags on the main bridge. At that point I take a look first at the convenience store, then at the road and bushes heading to roadblock. If I can see him and get a bead, I'll take the shot. Then I need to look out for the SCAV coming north or south that I might have just attracted while keeping an eye to see if one is hiding behind the convenience store. 

Once that looks clear I'll move up to behind the big wheel on the truck. A great opportunity to check Sniper Roadblock. 

IF that's clear, I put the SMG on auto and run to the front of the convenience store. Likely either there someone right in front of the store, or I'm in a "safe" spot. If I've fired or otherwise drawn attention (doubly so if I do so in front of the store) I'll move into the store or dash NE for the pit/cover to listen and look to see what I might have attracted. 

I know that SCAVS and Chads will come to the fire. I have a good idea where they will come from (especially the SCAVS) and that's the difference between living and dying. 

Offline mode is a great place to experiment. That said: try to bring the equipment you would bring on an actual raid. I sometimes go with more armor just to play longer; but I try to take note of when the armor saved me (meaning it was a failed encounter). 

My $0.02

Edited by JerryLove
bethmann

to be honest, I really can't get the point of the game. It's memorizer game, where you have to know every hole in the map and merge it with the usual arcadish fps style where you should run and fire.

So what we are saying is I need hundred of hours to understand just 1 map (and still you can't do all the quest), and then try to fight people that have thousand of hours on them and with better equipment and skills. 

I have 60 hours in this wipe, basically 59 on customs, and 60 hour are not so little for my hobby investment.

And in the imagine below is what I generally get: one shot on the first minute. And I got killed by AI scav just 1% of times, they are always pmc, sometimes human scavs. 

Before this I got killed opening the medical structure door of customs, where there were two!! pmc campering the door, there were just there watching the door from the inside.

I really don't get the fun of camping but I can't judge them, probably they need some moment of easy glory.

There are really to many design choses (like no post-replay at all), that doesn't allow to learn anything, people saying there is a steep learning curve, but I can't see a curve, it's more like you should lose a year of life trying to learn something that are just bad design without any kind of fun, not to improve your abilities but to proceed in the map as a robot that pre-move everything, as muscle memory. 

The problem is that differently from other difficulty games (which I like, sekiro, il2 etc), it's the last game I can raccommand to my friends, I really don't know how it's so diffuse, but I'm happy for the devs of course.

For me, games need absolutely a steep learning curve but it should be minimally enjoyable (for e.g. quest objects randomly placed into the map, replay post raid, spawn and exit point less restrictive and just more, maybe a 'pre-10 lv map or matching' and so on)

but absolutely thanks for the tips share!

0f07ee9bb4360f05fd723ba3dbd3c340.png.4f986d2b9f0ee3dce68f8dcdd0364289.png

Edited by bethmann
bobdole513

It is a lot of memorization and map knowledge. Customs particularly is full of higher level dudes coming in to bully questers because the loot there is pretty meh outside of marked room. The quests are dogshit as well as they usually funnel you into slaughter areas or force you to do retarded gameplay like use bolt action rifles in cqb. Those guys probably weren't camping the medical building 'crack house', but it's a loot concentration and intel spawn, so folks usually go in on their path way towards the other side of the map.

To the dude that said this was realistic like war, go ahead and watch a few youtube videos and see how many folks you see ADAD spamming IRL or sprinting in the open and snapshot hip firing or better yet, see how many dudes you see that aggressively push someone shooting at them in real life.

Shurshalla

Game tries to go easier on new guys with Prapor sending some goodies when you are just starting (or it is still echoes of New Year gifts, I dunno). I'm lvl 4 and today got my 3rd package from him.

This is wrong. Giving too good things to new player who might with hot head put them all on and jump into battle and lose it all in 20 seconds.

Is harsh putting noobs with vets into one barrel. That's why some games are putting players against other players in level brackets only, say 1-5, 5-10 level raids. Accordingly limited gear, so there could not be players who bought top gear from market and goes all bulldozer on gamers dressed accordingly to their level gear unlocks.

To remedy this and make everyone's experience more enjoyable, I would advice either make PVE game mode with separate player market, limited to PVE loot. Where from raid you carry back xp and the loot you can sell to your separate market. And PVP mode as it is now.

Some ppl can fight against bots all their life and be happy about that not seeing any pvp ever. Why not let them to? Not giving options for players devs only limit their customers. Some ppl never buy or ask for refund when the game appear too hard on them at start.

excelerate94

Probably officially done guys, just did 330 damage to body and 320 damage to armor to a raider and died by the single shot he fired at me. 8 minute raid hit him 6 times with buck shot< 20 yards almost 300% accuracy with the shots hit, gained a measily 120 xp. It seems there are more fulfilling ways to spend spare time than this. Yall have fun if ya can. might try again in a few months but probably not.

paracelsus1981
vor 30 Minuten schrieb excelerate94:

Probably officially done guys, just did 330 damage to body and 320 damage to armor to a raider and died by the single shot he fired at me. 8 minute raid hit him 6 times with buck shot< 20 yards almost 300% accuracy with the shots hit, gained a measily 120 xp. It seems there are more fulfilling ways to spend spare time than this. Yall have fun if ya can. might try again in a few months but probably not.

I feel you man, but this is just the game in it´s current state. I have the same issue with the game. I like a good challenge but the current damage imballance just makes me feel like I´m cheated out of a good situation. I get the drop on the enemy and yet he 1 taps me after spamming ADAD like a bunny on meth. Right now a lot of things come together (bad damage model, bad netcode, no inertia, bad soundscape, cheaters who trade real money on ebay and don´t get perma banned etc. pp.) that frustrate a lot of people. The problem is that most of those people aren´t able to write a proper critique in the right channels. Most of them stammer a few lines in some obscure discord or Youtube channel where no developer has a chance to read them and even if, if I was a developer and would see a complaint that is written with only profanity and irrational whining I wouldn´t care either.

So it´s good that you write on the official forums. Better if you make videos or in general give as much useful data as possible. It´s okay to vent (I do it a lot) but it should always come with a bug report which contains video/image/sound evidence. Maybe I go out on a limb (admin might correct me here) and also suggest making bug reports about balance issues. Always write a complaint in a way that doesn´t make it necessary for the devs to request additional information because you forgot something.

Aunty Edit says:

Looky here, at least the audio will change soon(ish). That´s one thing on the list I was talking about that will change. Let´s hope it will be good.

Edited by Ruecklicht
Mechs2002

Errr...*sigh*...I don't open my mouth much, so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, and remember, offense is taken, not given.

Offense is taken, not given...that about sums up Escape from Tarkov in a way....See, you new players need to understand something about this game...it is a game that screams "duck your feelings". As a new player in this game, your objective is to just survive...not win fights, not get big loot...ducking. Survive. You can easily play this game in a way to avoid the bullshit fights, and maybe even bag an unsuspecting PMC or two if you are lucky, and it can be done quite cheaply....as long as you. Don't. Die. 

If you emulate any of these streamers in your own gameplay, I assure you, you will not have a fun time with this game at the lower levels...or hell, any level. How you see these streamers play Tarkov, is not how Tarkov should be played. This game is what I would like to call a survival tactical RPG shooter. It's not meant to be a competitive, run and gun shooter. This is not Call of Duty, this is not Battlefield, this is not even ducking close to Squad, another recently popular mil sim type shooter.

Let me give some advice to the new players by first saying this: ask yourself, why are you here? Are you here to be competitive and be "good", like all the "top" streamers...or are you here to play the game? If you are in the first group, good luck with that, I can't help you there. If you are here to learn to play the game, however, this is my advice: Learn to survive...this game is much more rewarding to play if you play with survival in mind, and not kills or loot. Kills and loot will come naturally, as long as you are surviving. 

So, here are some general tips to surviving a raid in Escape from Tarkov (solo):

• Don't rush, good loot is worthless if you don't make it back alive. 
  • Don't run unless you are out in the open, or under fire. Not only does it give your position away to those who could be hiding nearby, but your running also muddles your own ability to hear.
  • Learn the differences between cover and concealment, and then begin using both as much as humanly possible to make it harder for a potential attacker to spot and/or kill you. 
  • Keep your head on a swivel. Scan the areas around by sight, and by sound. 
  • Ambushes are a legitimate tactic in Tarkov. If you walk into one, and don't die immediately, take these steps
    • Take cover
    • Seek to disengage, and RUN. Shooting should not be done for the purpose of killing, but for the purpose of protecting yourself. Get out of the general area, and then continue to scan for threats and move on, or, use the space to flank...but that's going into some advanced tactics.
    • Zig Zag Patterns to the nearest cover and concealment 
  • Generally, you want to be the one ambushing, not being ambushed. 
  • Avoid direct PvP if you can until you unlock the flea market.
  • If you are still having a hard time by yourself, find a partner to watch your back (I've got a dedicated raiding partner, and we have saved each others asses on many an occasion).

I'm loving the game so far, and I plan to be here for a while. Hopefully you will come to see the game from a new light, or as wise man once said:

"Well, bye". 

Edited by Mechs2002
  • Upvote 1