Attention! Additional server work March 3-4

tobiassolem

Dear friends! Attention!

We inform you that from 03.03.2021 23:00 CET till 03.04.2021 04:00 CET server technical works will be carried out on the #EscapefromTarkov servers. During this period, the backend and game servers infrastructure will be replaced and modernized. The game will not be available during this period.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1
cutcorners88

Cool, I hope this will increase the menu responsiveness when communicating with the servers.

Also, My game had to download 12GB today again... Streets preload?

Awake
21 minutes ago, cutcorners88 said:

Cool, I hope this will increase the menu responsiveness when communicating with the servers.

Also, My game had to download 12GB today again... Streets preload?

I might be wrong here, but I think I read that the delays in the menu are mainly due to Tarkov/BSG not supporting IPv6 but only IPv4. You can google it. If I remember correctly when switching from a IPv6 to  a IPv4  address completly got rid of delays in the menu and reduced desync ingame drastically.

NerdCoreTV
vor einer Stunde schrieb Awake:

I might be wrong here, but I think I read that the delays in the menu are mainly due to Tarkov/BSG not supporting IPv6 but only IPv4. You can google it. If I remember correctly when switching from a IPv6 to  a IPv4  address completly got rid of delays in the menu and reduced desync ingame drastically.

don`t get me wrong, that game should support both, if that is the case and not communiated openly, that would be a hard pill to swallow

• Upvote 1
Shaktimaan

@NerdCoreTV

It's not as easy as you make it out to be.

The first problem is that according to Google, only 20% of the users have switched to IPv6. Even in data centers, you're not likely going to get native support for IPv6 all across the globe.

The second problem is the MTU disparity. The packets most likely will be fragmented if you mix and match IPv6 and IPv4 traffic and use translation for that.

They would most likely need to (or they've most likely already have) set up 2 pairs of load balancers. One for catering IPv6 traffic and one for IPv4 traffic for every matchmaking server out there. Even after that, I have no idea on how the server is going to sync players up if they're using mixed protocols as there are desync issues waiting to happen there because of MTU disparity.

tobiassolem

We remind you that from March, 3 2:00 pm PST till March, 3 07:00 pm PST (from March, 3 10:00 pm GMT till March, 4 3:00 am GMT) server technical works will be carried out on the Escape from Tarkov servers. During this period, the backend and game servers infrastructure will be replaced and modernized. The game will not be available during this period.

ShiroTenshi

The maintenance has begun. The game will be unavailable for 5 hours approximately.

Kremson
7 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

The maintenance is complete.

That was a fast 5 hours lol 

GroanednPwned

I hope everything went okay and didn't turn out to be a "well poo.." moment lol. Thanks for your hard work, fellas!

Kremson
3 minutes ago, GroanednPwned said:

I hope everything went okay and didn't turn out to be a "well poo.." moment lol. Thanks for your hard work, fellas!

Likewise , cause idk it just seems odd to me something they posted about needing 5 hours to work replace an fix was done in 90 minutes give or take a minute. I hope it just wasn't rushed through .

Shibre93100
36 minutes ago, Kremson said:

Likewise , cause idk it just seems odd to me something they posted about needing 5 hours to work replace an fix was done in 90 minutes give or take a minute. I hope it just wasn't rushed through .

it's just a safety net in case something would go wrong which it shouldn't if evrything was tested correctly before.

In fact a migration could be as fast as instantenaous without even the need for any downtime whatsoever